Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to get my car to hook up

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Thats how I would start but with the 6 speed don't be suprised if your 10 bolt does not last long with high RPM dumps.

Get a set of 15 inch wheels like a pro star wheel. If you don't plan on making a ton of power for a while maybe go with a 15X8 wheel and matching ET Street (what I have). The other day I was told that a M6 and drag radial is a no no, go slick or ET street for the track. Keep the nittos for the street or something.

After you do that go to the track a few weeks, it took me like 8 runs jusst to drop from a 14.0-13.9 in my last car and almost broke 13.8 5 runs later.

Get your best time after a few runs then start to drop the tire pressure untill it starts to slow down then go back up with the tire pressue than after that look at a torque arm, SFC' s, lower control arms and go back out, then keep adding on. Just remember your 10 bolt.

Track time then tire is key right now if you ask me.

I have the billet rod ends on my LCA's and panahrd rod if that answers your question on the polly.
Good info! Thanks

Ya I did plan on eventually getting some 15" prostars, so maybe I'll try to did it sooner rather than later.

What SFC's do you guys run? Weld-in box style?
Old 02-11-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was there that night too. Maybe the track had something to do with it too because I wasnt hooking up either. My best 60 on 275 street tires was 2.2 as well. I tried everything from airing thm down to launching at 2500 but it just spun every time
Old 02-11-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not go with a Poly/Rod end LCA's Best of both world's. My Poly/Poly LCA's clunk ALOT on unever roads. I'm going over to the Poly/Rod end ones as soon as i can afford it. UMI makes good one. If you go with 15" rims and a slick Madman makes an off-set LCA with rod ends.

Seems like the guys have pretty much covered most of the rest of the suspension.

Quick Reply: How to get my car to hook up