Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weight Distrobution

Old 02-15-2008, 06:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weight Distrobution

I'm moving the battery to the back of the car. The nitrous bottle goes in the spare tire well, so I was going to put the battery in the small cubby hole on the driver side of the car. I think I'll be running a 15 lb bottle most of the time. Is this going to cause any weight distrobution issue? Can't put the bottle anywhere else under cover (not that its "hid"). With a anti-roll bar it can still be adjusted to leave level...

Or should I put the battery farther down in the spare tire well, about where the top of it is even with the floor back there, and still put the nitrous bottle on top of it? I'm actually thinking this would be more even with driver in the car...

Battery is a Optima deep cycle.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my bottle mounted in the spare tire well with some brackets I made that welded from the antenna bracket to the frame, I am not sure the battery would fit under it, but I imagine if you mount the battery under the n20 bottle it wouldn't be all that easy to access, not sure if you really need to remove it, but the simpler way would be to mount the bottle in the spare tire well. You can always mount the battery in the t-top storage area and a battery box will fit, I had mine mounted there before.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:03 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

You could put the battery in the spare tire well, and then put the nitrous bottle in the t-top storage well. Then make a simple panel that covers the t-top well and the bottle.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:59 AM
On The Tree

No where to put the T-tops then... I was thinking from a weight distrobution angle, have the battery on the driver's side, and bottle on passenger, or, both of them on the passenger side? You would think it would be best to make the weight of the car with the driver, as even as you could easily do...
Old 02-17-2008, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NSTY WS6
No where to put the T-tops then... I was thinking from a weight distrobution angle, have the battery on the driver's side, and bottle on passenger, or, both of them on the passenger side? You would think it would be best to make the weight of the car with the driver, as even as you could easily do...
I thought you wanted more weight in the passenger side rear. That is why they make airbags for the passenger side only...
Old 02-17-2008, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

the bottle will fit in the area on the drivers side where the stock disc changer goes. if you angle it away from the ttops itll fit with them in. if you cant see what i mean, ill get a pic of it tonight, i am going to work till 9 tonight
Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Like I mentioned above, I want the bottle in the spare tire well. I'm just gonna put the two of them in the spare tire well, and see how it goes.. Seems as it'd be best to "even" out the weight with driver in the car...
Old 02-19-2008, 01:00 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can fit both in the spare tire well. It's been covered before in the nitrous section.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

I would think if you have an adjustable anti roll bar shifting 10 pounds to one side of the rear of the car isn't going to make a big difference, main thing the weight is in the rear, you can adjust the rest with more or less preload.

Remember adding weight to one side of the car vs the other isn't going to put all of the weight on that one side, when I scaled my last car the left to right weight only changed like 15 pounds when I got in the car.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Thats good to know, now, I'll just put it on which ever side will be easiest. To hide the battery now for a cleaner look, or use this billet hold down that I already paid for.... lol
Old 02-24-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

I think hiding the bottle is good, also remember to be track legal unless you have a firewall you'll need to have a battery box if you put the battery in the hatch area.

Search this Thread