Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who all has the Madman manual rack?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who all has the Madman manual rack?

Who all here is using the Madman manual rack? How do you like it? I just bought one and I'm hoping it will definately lessen the force needed to turn the wheels (ghetto !PS right now). Any cons to it? Install tips? Thanks!
Old 07-17-2003, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: Who all has the Madman manual rack?

I have it, and a friend here in Waco has it also.

He's having problems with his, might be install as we found that the heim end was a little loose from the coupler, but it seems to be making a noise up front on one of the heim rod ends. My heim joints are solid tight, his now has a bit of play.

They're not 'easy', especially with 275 tires up front. They get much better with skinnies, tho (that's what I'm running now). My friend is running regular 245's though, and doesn't complain much.

My friend repacked the rack with more grease, and that seemed to help (his impression). I have yet to try that. It's not bad, sometimes I forget it's manual. Then when there's a sharp right turn... D'OH!

I have about 450 miles on mine, he's got about 1k on his. Worthwhile mod? Yeah, probably. I did it more to have less 'stuff' spinning at 7500 RPM than weight savings. C'mon, street electric water pump!

-Andrew
Old 07-17-2003, 11:37 PM
8 Second Club

I've got it. It's a very nice piece and necessary if you run in any classes they retain stock location mounting points. I know there are some people that weld new tabs to make a pinto rack work, which is not stock location points. I like it. A+
Old 07-18-2003, 09:18 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have it also. Great Mod.

Now all I have to do is great my motor finished and I will be burning up the track again.

Good luck

Coach

Quick Reply: Who all has the Madman manual rack?