Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

28 x 11.50 ET Streets - Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same tire on mine. if u use the adj. lower control arm and pull the tires forward. they wont rub. Sorry i couldnt decide between prostar or draglites. lol mine had a 28x11.5 et street, and the camaro had a 28x9 slick

Old 03-06-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
If you have to trim the input on the driveshaft a touch, that's not that big a deal.

Why not just get some adjustable control arms, save yourself alot of work?
I made them double adjustable, right and left hand threads
Old 03-07-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
^^^ Hurm that sounds a little dangerous LOL

But I'm going to be doing shake down passes, slowly getting faster. So I should be able to catch any possible problems?

I have a question however. I have my LCA's set to the same distance as the factory ones. (shown in the pictures above) I'm afraid that if I center the tire, my driveshaft will be forced into the trans too far, not leaving room for it to load/unload etc

thoughts?
Why would putting the tire in the center of the wheel well cause problems, it comes centered from the factory.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:48 AM
TECH Resident

i dont think they came with 9" ford rear ends from the factory tho...... the demintions of the 9" are differant and cause it not to be in the center of the wheel well, the yoke to LCA relationship might also be differant, so he is concerned if the yoke will be too far forward if he moves the control arm mounts forward to center it. i think it will be fine but only way to know for sure it to move it and see, you should be able to tell by unbolting the shaft and see how far it will shove up in the tranny.measure the distance between rear u-joint and rear yoke, with the weight on the rear axle of coarse so its not hanging.