Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double adjustable LCA installation question? Do I need grease, what length to adjust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Double adjustable LCA installation question? Do I need grease, what length to adjust?

I bought a pair of Double adjustable LCAs(Pavlock Performance) with teflon lined smiley racing rod ends. The LCAs came with no instructions so I am left hanging on a couple simple questions...

Do these need any grease or special hardware to mount these in place of the stock LCAs?

When adjusting the LCAs what exactly am I trying to achieve by increasing or decreasing the length of the lower control arm? Do I adjust from one side at a time or both sides at once?

Should I just try to adjust them to stock length prior to installation?

If anyone has any tips to make the install go faster/ smoother post up!
I will also be doing an adjustable PHB, CE rear shocks, and an airbag on the right side...

Thanks,
James J
Old 03-10-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Install the PHB and center the rear end.

Turn both of the rod ends all the way in, then screw them both out in equal amounts. You can use some marine grease, works good and it is water proof.

Set them at the stock length to start, then from there adjust each side in equal amounts, if the tire is off center turn one side at a time until both sides are the same length and the tire is centered in the wheel well.

So say the rear tires are towards the back you'd turn the left side to lshorten the bar say 1 turn, then turn the other side one turn and check it again, then adjust in 1/2, or 1/4 turns until you get it right.

Make sure the rear end is still centered after you set the control arm length, if not readjust the phb, then recheck the wheel base.

Make sure the wheel base is the same on each side after.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe we spoke over the phone or by pm? They are preset to bolt right on using the factory bolts. Let me know if you have problems!
Bryan