Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter Launch Control (2-step)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:43 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tee-boy
So you leave off the line, the limiter shuts down after you release clutch. You press clutch in at 6100 to shift to second. At this point does the limiter activate again (say you are launching @ 3500-fairly low launch) and motor cuts out to 3500 until you release clutch into second gear.

If this is the case, what is the solution?
What he was saying before is that it actually works out in your favor. Unless you take 5 seconds to shift gears, it won't be a problem. This way, you can keep your foot on the floor, slam shift it into the next gear, and it won't rev to the moon betwen gears. Since the trans input shaft has to slow down for the next gear anyway, it should work to your benifit.

If you install a MPH switch, it will prevent this from happening, or you can install a manual switch.

I have been looking at these.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ddddd

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
What he was saying before is that it actually works out in your favor. Unless you take 5 seconds to shift gears, it won't be a problem. This way, you can keep your foot on the floor, slam shift it into the next gear, and it won't rev to the moon betwen gears. Since the trans input shaft has to slow down for the next gear anyway, it should work to your benifit.

If you install a MPH switch, it will prevent this from happening, or you can install a manual switch.

I have been looking at these.
Got ya. So there is 2 benefits working here on an M6 car when wired to clutch switch. Launch control and ability to safely power shift.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Junkie

I have an M6 but I am thinking of installing a master arm switch, and a push button switch I can keep my finger on while in first gear, so when I pull back for second, the "launch rev limiter" feature shuts off and I'm headed down the track with the juice

thats if I can keep my finger on the button launching with the juice!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Shifter switch

We have had some customers install a switch in the shifter area/shifter mechanism that is triggered when the shifter is in the 1st gear position so that the launch controller is disabled once you shift out of 1st. I think a C5 or C6 customer on one of the forums described it fairly well but I don't know where that thread is now.

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
I have an M6 but I am thinking of installing a master arm switch, and a push button switch I can keep my finger on while in first gear, so when I pull back for second, the "launch rev limiter" feature shuts off and I'm headed down the track with the juice

thats if I can keep my finger on the button launching with the juice!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What if you like to slip the clutch out the hole? Wouldn't having the clutch pedal 3/4ways out disable the 2 step when you wire it to the clutch switch?

And if you are using nitrous with a WOT and 3000rpm window, wouldn't the nitrous start spraying when you are trying to get on the 2 step if it is set a 5500? Would you just press the gas pedal 3/4 ways instead of WOT to prevent this?

Is there really a better 2 step? Lingenfelter vs SYNERGY? which one has more features? i believe one has timing retard for nitrous tunes right?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default LPE launch controller and nitrous retard

I can't speak for the Synergy product but the Lingenfelter LNC-001R launch controller does has timing retard (1 to 10 degrees) that can be used for nitrous or turbocharged applications. The earlier LNC-001 did not have timing retard but these units can be sent back to LPE to be upgraded to the newer software that gives them the retard feature.

On the nitrous triggering on the start, I would think you would normally have the 2-step set for a lower rpm (your launch rpm) and then you would have the nitrous set to trigger at a higher rpm (the low rpm setting of your window switch) that would be what you would achieve once you release the 2-step and start moving forward (or in some cases wouldn't be until you have gone down the track some).

You could use our MPH switch to keep the nitrous from enabling until you reach a certain mph (it has a normally open and a normally closed output so you could use one to enable nitrous and the other to disable the 2-step so it wouldn't trigger on the shifts if you wanted).

Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
What if you like to slip the clutch out the hole? Wouldn't having the clutch pedal 3/4ways out disable the 2 step when you wire it to the clutch switch?

And if you are using nitrous with a WOT and 3000rpm window, wouldn't the nitrous start spraying when you are trying to get on the 2 step if it is set a 5500? Would you just press the gas pedal 3/4 ways instead of WOT to prevent this?

Is there really a better 2 step? Lingenfelter vs SYNERGY? which one has more features? i believe one has timing retard for nitrous tunes right?
Old 04-11-2008, 05:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, i will be purchasing one soon.

Your product comes with some very detailed instructions!

Last edited by bigsticksupra; 04-11-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

So the 2 step itself does not have a normally closed curcuit that opens when the 2 step is activated?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default normally closed circuit on 2-step

The launch controller itself does not have switched outputs so it doesn't have a normally open or a normally closed circuit. The launch controller isn't designed to provide any output controls.

The launch controller can be triggered by either a ground activation or a 12 volt activation.

Our RPM switch (RPM-001) and our MPH switch (MPH-001) have normally open and normally closed outputs.

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
So the 2 step itself does not have a normally closed curcuit that opens when the 2 step is activated?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:52 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,140 Likes on 740 Posts

I need to get one for my Camaro.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Banned

I just got mine. I will be wiring it up within a week. Looks very nice and professionally done for sure. 2 thumbs up!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are the wires long enough to reach the coil packs and back into the interior glove box area? Where do people usually mount the box? I want to be able to adjust it without getting out of the car and popping the hood everytime.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default mounting inside the vehicle

The wires are 48" long so you might be able to make it into the driver compartment but it would probably be tight. I don't know if any customers have mounted them inside the vehicle.

The other problem would be that the connectors and the box are fairly large so it would take a big hole in the firewall to pass the wires/connectors or box.

We do include the pinouts for the harness in the instructions for people that want to rewire the harness but you need to be very careful about lengthening the wires because the circuits are fairly sensitive to resistance changes. You also need to be very careful how you mount the box and route the wires so that you don't pick up noise (for example, do not route the launch controller harnesses along side your spark plug wires if you have remote mounted your spark plug coils).

Jason

Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
Are the wires long enough to reach the coil packs and back into the interior glove box area? Where do people usually mount the box? I want to be able to adjust it without getting out of the car and popping the hood everytime.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone run one on an N/A car on the street without a transbrake? If I was a turbo car, I would be all over this, but I just dont know how much it will help me. But the consistent launch might be worth it.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default NA launch controller use

We have several customers that have installed and use the launch controller on a naturally aspirated engine car without a transbrake.

Some tie into the clutch switch, some leave off the brake and tie into the brake switch, some use a line-lock and tie into the line lock and others have just used a momentary switch on the shifter or steering wheel.

Originally Posted by dlove
anyone run one on an N/A car on the street without a transbrake? If I was a turbo car, I would be all over this, but I just dont know how much it will help me. But the consistent launch might be worth it.

Last edited by Jason Haines @ LPE; 04-19-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Jason if I send you a wiring diagram, could you show me where the unit would have to be hooked up to make it work?
Old 04-19-2008, 08:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Wiring diagram

Email me the diagram and description and I will see what we can come up with.

Jason

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Jason if I send you a wiring diagram, could you show me where the unit would have to be hooked up to make it work?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:43 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Sent you an e-mail this morning. I"m probably gonna order one of the 2 step's in the next couple weeks, I'm at the point that it's needed.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:32 PM
10 Second Club

Would this work on an auto with a converter and no trans brake? Also how would you get around misfire codes when the 2-step is turned on?
Old 05-11-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow pretty neat. Just got mine and hope to install it soon. It looks sort of like it does three things that my dsm program does with software. You get the launch consistent and can build boost a bit with that on manual cars. You get a sort of no lift to shift type of thing and you get an antilag type function that should let a guy get big boost off the line if so desired even in a manual car.
I was disappointed that hptuners could not do any of the above. Now looks like no problem with your little gadget.

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter Launch Control (2-step)