Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Milan, Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Milan, Michigan

I'll tell you what, it'll be a while before you see me there again.

First off, there were so many damn cars there that it wasn't any fun. The staging lanes were a two hour wait minimum. My 20 bucks entry fee got me one shitty pass down thier crappy race track, which doesn't hook. Then, just to **** me off extra good they close the staging lanes nearly one hour and a half before the closing time that is listed on thier website.

To add the icing on the cake, something happened to my trans or something which caused my car to become locked in second gear just after my burnout, but I didn't realize this until after launched...or tried to because I was in second gear. I ran the entire 1/4 mile with only second gear, banging the rev limiter all the way to the end when it wouldn't upshift to third. I ran an incredible 12.7 at 96 mph on a 2.0 60 ft time.

I saw my buddy on 275/40 nittos there in his M6 T/A try and launch on his one pass that he was allowed to get in for the day. The track just had no traction at all. I think his 60 ft was 2.28 or something, with out of control wheelspin. I could hook up better on a gravel road. The track was supposed to be open til 930 and he got in the staging lanes at 600 pm. They closed the staging lanes almost 30 minutes before he got to make his first and only pass of the day.

As soon as the my one pass that I was allowed to get in was over the trans resumed operating normally, I still don't know what caused it to do that. It was at that point that I tore *** outta that place vowed never to return.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Milan, Michigan

Sounds like a very bad day.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Make up for it and hit the CamaroZ28.Com Nationals over at Stanton this weekend. Two days of racing at a real track. Visit this link http://www.camaroz28.com/nationals/ to read up on the event. Then join the board and come race.

Rick
Old 07-24-2003, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds about right for milan. Before Hals with 275 nittos, I was running 2.2x 60'. With Hals I'm down to a 2.0, which is pretty outstanding!
Old 07-24-2003, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Make up for it and hit the CamaroZ28.Com Nationals over at Stanton this weekend. Two days of racing at a real track. Visit this link http://www.camaroz28.com/nationals/ to read up on the event. Then join the board and come race.

Rick
Yah, stanton is my normal drag racing location with this car. I have been to lapeer a couple of times but that track sucks, too. I guess it is the best around here.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about your luck. I used to cut 1.8x-1.9 60's on Kumho's at Milan when I have my A4 LS1. I agree with the high volume of cars. It's very frustrating. I got in two passes last time I was there.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:13 AM
Launching!

[quote]
I'll tell you what, it'll be a while before you see me there again.

First off, there were so many damn cars there that it wasn't any fun. The staging lanes were a two hour wait minimum. My 20 bucks entry fee got me one shitty pass down thier crappy race track, which doesn't hook. Then, just to **** me off extra good they close the staging lanes nearly one hour and a half before the closing time that is listed on thier website.
Yeah, and they wonder why people are always street racing.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:35 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the trans stayed in 2nd gear you most likely overheated doing a burnout. When the trans goes into overheat mode is just stays in 2nd gear..

Usually happens when trying a burnout in 2nd.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

If the trans stayed in 2nd gear you most likely overheated doing a burnout. When the trans goes into overheat mode is just stays in 2nd gear..

Usually happens when trying a burnout in 2nd.
Yah, I was kinda figuring that the PCM didn't like something that was going on and put the trans in some kind of safe mode or something.

Later,
Jordan
Old 07-25-2003, 11:25 PM
King of Pigskin Knowledge

Yeah, Milan seems to be hit or miss for traction. When I took my T/A there, the prep was HORRIBLE. Tonight though, it was pretty good. Not outstanding, but decent. I agree with the number of cars. And the number of SLOW cars, too. I can't believe someone would take a car running 19.8 to the strip. YEP, 19.8 @ a WHOOPING 69 MPH.

I wish there was another strip around here. I'm thinking of driving a little further to Norwalk next time. I've been told by several people that they run about .1 quicker at Norwalk.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:44 PM
12 Second Club

I agree with crappy track conditions at Milan. I had horrible wheel spin on my F1's - and that was easing off the clutch. My best ET and MPH were on the same run with a 2.37 60'. ET was 13.69 at 106 MPH. I made three passes that Friday night. It wasn't too busy then, I could have made a few more passes. They close the lanes early for the street race eliminations. I ran last year at SLP cust. appreciation day in Columbus (Hebron) at National Trail Raceway. I had virtually 0 wheel spin there and it was 100 degrees outside and humid too.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. What day of the week did you go to Milan? Are Wednesdays better than Fridays? How busy is Lapeer these days? What is a good local track? one that is not so busy that you can't get several good runs in?

Thanks,

Mark