Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions Please - Street/Strip Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions Please - Street/Strip Vehicles

Alright guys, I'm starting to put everything together for this season, finally. and I've finally come to the cross roads of "street" car vs "strip" car.

I've drawn out my wiring diagram for all of my nitrous goodies, 2 step, line loc and countless other things, and I've gone a TON of crap to mount. Even a location for the pull handle for my Halon system.

I kept going over ideas of using the Traction Control location etc etc and just wasn't enough room.

So today I pulled the radio, I figured I'll make a nice ABS or polished stainless panel, and put everything there.

Started drawing it up in CAD (CNC machines at work)

and sh*t, everything is STILL going to be cramped! I want everything to look nice but still be functional.

So do I keep the idea of a "stock" looking interior....even though the roll bar and rear seat delete have ruined that.

I'm considered replacing my stock plastic counsel with a custom polished stainless one. That way it is solid (it'd be nice to push on that to get over the door bars) and leave me plenty of room for switches.

I don't know if that would look nice...or stick out like a sore thumb and look bad. I would put the small swirl circles all over it to make it pop a little bit.

Suggestions??

I don't drive the car much...nor do I race it a ton

really torn
Old 04-07-2008, 10:04 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do what you want since it's your car. My street/strip Nova still has all the factory interior, but a full roll cage and a bunch of auto meters even has Ray Charles seeing it's not stock. I still have the radio as I like listening in the lanes and when driving her around town, but if you won't use it and can use the space for something else I say go for it.

Derek
Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I really don't think the radio will free up enough room. I'm really considering making my own stainless steel center counsel

I just don't know if it'll look good, or look like "wtf" to most people
Old 04-08-2008, 04:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

The crossroads of street and strip are very confusing. I think you should do what you have to, retaining as much of the stock look as possible. I think a cnc aluminum center console would look sweet!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Anybody on here have some nice trick setups?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Nobody else here is "Show N Go" ??
Old 04-08-2008, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm in a position like this myself with the 'bird. Myself, I do have a '94 Z/28 driver also. However I like to drive my 'bird alot. My headliner has come unglued and is falling down. I have made the decision, just this week, to just chuck it. My center console has a broken hole in the bottom of the box at the back. It's not in there anymore. A hotrod don't need all the pretty stuff, just function. My 2 cents!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:44 AM
9 Second Club

Keep the interior looking stock, not too sure about the polished center console. I've always been impressed with a fast car that appears very stock. The reason being is when you see a stock looking car that parks beside you in the Wal-Mart parking lot one day and the next day you see it at the track running 10s your like WOW! When you are at the track and you see a stripped down stickered up car running 10s your like, well it probably should run 10s. I have nothing against either setup for I have owned both but the old stock sleeper car always wins my vote!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

I could always mount the holes on the center counsel like I was planning on with a sheet metal one

but then i'd have to buy another center counsel as a back up b/c i'm **** lol