Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?'s on rewiring car

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default ?'s on rewiring car

the car in question is a 98 SS. i have stripped the car as much as i possibly could. !door panels,dash,carpet,all the plastic inside of the car,A/C+ducting. what i want to ask is if anyone has rewired their car with one of painless' wiring kits? i want to get rid of all the wires underneath the dash that i dont need. does anyone know the weight savings in doing such a thing? can u recommend someone in the houston area that would take on this task? i just want the car to be all around neat without wires hanging all over the place. more than likely it will soon recieve a sheetmetal dash and door panels. i just want the car to keep the bare necessities i.e. headlights,tailights/turnsignals,power windows,door locks and then engine stuff. any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks
Old 07-31-2003, 04:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: ?'s on rewiring car

We use a ARC panel and build our own harness. I have a couple cars in the shop now you could look at and see our work. I dont like the painless units because it has to many circuits and you end up wasting alot of money on extra wire.

225-343-9029