Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Subframe Connectors for Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best Subframe Connectors for Drag Racing

Right now I have a set of SFC's that are pretty big and bulky (almost like the SLP version) and I want to cut some weight. So i was looking at the set from Spohn (look at link below) that tuck up in nice and cut almost 15 pounds from where I am now. what i was wondering will this be the way to go? I'm more interested in 1/4 mile performance than cornering ability. So what is everyones take on this and will these be a good choice? thansk for the help

http://www.spohn.net/index.cfm?fusea...;productid=126

JR
Old 08-06-2003, 08:32 AM
jfm
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Best Subframe Connectors for Drag Racing

I have a set of Wolfe,not installed yet,the pair weigh about 10/12 pounds.They are chromoly[sp?],tubular and tuck up real nice on the test fit.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have the slp's but i was loking at those sphons for the dramatic loss of weight but they seem a little flimsy compared to what i have now. i plan on having some really hard launches and would rather have some extra weight and the piece of mind knowing my car wont stwist in half off the line. i may look into a having a frame guy custom build me a set like the slp's but have him make it out of chrome moly.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:05 AM
TECH Resident

I've been doing some research here and think i may be going w/ the BMR boxed for more strength. they seem to be very well liked by all the posts i read on different sites but i have one other question. Like BigPlanTransAm said above the twisting, i read somewhere that someone said about wanting the full SFC's when going over 400 HP. is this true or will i be ok w/ the BMR's since i will installing my cam here in the near future and will be approching the 400 mark?

JR
Old 08-07-2003, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

sfc's are more for the launch than anything. i would think it depends more on your 60' times to decide how much strength you need. i would say if you will be doing hard launches on sticky tires you should stick with the strong ones. if your going to be on street tires or just not launch aggressively you may want to go with the ligher ones
Old 08-07-2003, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

well i plan on getting a new rear here soon and running ET streets so i plan on hitting a 1.60's maybe better. i was cutting 1.90's on BFG's before w/ nothing before my rear started to go out. i guess i'll just give the BMR's a try now that i got them comming. i'm sure i could always fab something up and hook it in to the center like the ones i had before but w/ the Spohn TA I think it will be pretty strong, guess i'll find out.

JR
Old 08-07-2003, 08:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1.5's out of my TP4400/automatic and BMR boxed and no flex/chassis twist. i don't have a cage either.

Chris

Quick Reply: Best Subframe Connectors for Drag Racing