Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aerospace Brake ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008 | 06:58 AM
9 Second Club
20 Year Member

I have the new aerospace hub setup also. I think they were the best thing I did to my car, its night and day differnce between these and stock. Tracks where I would have to use the last turn I can now make the first if I really wanted to. I did the full manual conversion with the brake install.
Old 08-26-2008 | 02:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We do have some good pricing on these brakes. Let me know and I can get prices to you.
Old 08-27-2008 | 04:19 AM
Race your car!

here are a couple pictures of the hub style brakes installed. Someday I will buy a real camera that actually works, but this should give ya an idea.

First picture is with the bogart center cap on, but I had to take them off when I swaped the ds2 front tires on and when I put the wheels back on without the cap, I thought it looked better to be honest.

Last edited by JL ws-6; 08-14-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-27-2008 | 10:33 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
fwiw, I didn't even put the center caps on my bogarts, I just polished the hub and the screw on dust cap, I think it looks like that
Well yea, if you have the newer Aerospace or Strange hubs it looks great without center caps

I was going to swap mine over for the newer style hub type for weight savings but they arent that much lighter to justify the cost IMO, if you want the look and save a couple lbs it may be worth it to you though.

The wheels I have use aluminum center caps and I hated them, they stuck out an inch further than the tire and it looked terrible. So I cut them down and they look a lot better, not as pimp as an aluminum hub though

Last edited by kp; 12-14-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2008 | 10:37 AM
Race your car!

Oh no I agree, the weight savings vs the cost if you already have the aerospace brakes on the car no I can't see replacing the older style ones with the new hub ones unless you can sell the old ones for enough $ to cover a good chunk of the cost.

I think the weight savings of the hub style ones vs the ones that use the stock hub are about double, I know the factory hub weigh'd a TON compared to the aerospace ones.
Old 08-27-2008 | 10:47 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Oh no I agree, the weight savings vs the cost if you already have the aerospace brakes on the car no I can't see replacing the older style ones with the new hub ones unless you can sell the old ones for enough $ to cover a good chunk of the cost.

I think the weight savings of the hub style ones vs the ones that use the stock hub are about double, I know the factory hub weigh'd a TON compared to the aerospace ones.
I weighed a 3rd gen Aerospace kit I have here and there wasnt a huge difference and it doesnt have a spindle. I would guess maybe 3-4lbs per side difference between the two. They claim 10lbs a side but I cant see that, the stock hub/bearing on my car only weighed 8lbs and you are replacing it with a couple bearings, races and a steel spindle.

If it was 10lbs lighter a side I'd make the upgrade for 20lbs off the front. I'd like to see someone weight all the parts and see for sure, I dont feel like spending 900.00 to find out for myself
Old 08-27-2008 | 03:50 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kp
Well yea, if you have the newer Aerospace or Strange hubs it looks great without center caps

I was going to swap mine over for the newer style hub type for weight savings but they arent that much lighter to justify the cost IMO, if you want the look and save a couple lbs it may be worth it to you though.

The wheels I have use aluminum center caps and I hated them, they stuck out an inch further than the tire and it looked terrible. So I cut them down and they look a lot better, not as pimp as an aluminum hub though
is that an M/T wheel sticker over the aerospace hub?
Old 08-27-2008 | 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TJ
is that an M/T wheel sticker over the aerospace hub?
No thats the M/T Sticker on a M/T center cap.

I have some small machined centercaps......

Ill take a pic of them....

I want to polish them...
Old 08-27-2008 | 04:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

just snapped these

Kyle
Old 08-27-2008 | 06:25 PM
kp
8 Second Club

About 15 minutes with some sandpaper and aluminum polish those can look like chrome. They dont look like they are deep enough to cover the stock hub though.

Quick Reply: Aerospace Brake ???