Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you need the window net if running slow???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well for my track (ORP) they inforce most of the rules if not all but sometimes will bend them and thats what I am used to but then again the cars around here that are caged are fast. They enforce the helmet rule were some track don't for the slow cars and for a while they did not.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 82 camaro
I have raced Moroso, Gainesville,Orlando,and Bradenton with the car set up this way.And in the 08 rule book page 104 it states Window net mandatory in any full bodied car requierd by rules to have a roll cage. And his car is not requierd do to the lack of et and mph. I have a net its just a pain to put it up and I dont care to drive with it up.
yes that is definately what the rule reads.

I will warn you then if you come race in division six they will tell you 'If there is a bar above your head a net will be attatched to it"

I already got hit for it once this year.

I have found arguing with tech like fighting the mentally challenged.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personally, i would leave the net out for now if you can get away with it, but then when you get close to putting the big power to it, i mean a couple weeks beforehand, start using the net to make it part of your routine. i had to do the same thing with my turd gen when i started going fast enough to need a helmet.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:58 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I have found arguing with tech like fighting the mentally challenged.
Ellis,

Yep, even some tech people are morons. One guy told me I needed a blowdown tube five years ago in my Nova when the trunk is a sealed compartment from the interior. He argued, I broke out the rule book and he made the "oh crap I'm screwed" face. As mentioned, if in doubt bring the book.

Derek
Old 09-09-2008, 12:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Ellis,

Yep, even some tech people are morons. One guy told me I needed a blowdown tube five years ago in my Nova when the trunk is a sealed compartment from the interior. He argued, I broke out the rule book and he made the "oh crap I'm screwed" face. As mentioned, if in doubt bring the book.

Derek
LOL I carry the book in the car at all times. When in dought they flip to the page that says "Officals have final say" Up here many of the track also have insurance requirements as well from what they tell us. I help run a small serise(18 races ,two tracks this year) so I just keep it simple and happy when I can