Sponsored by:

Biondo Line Lock, Seeping...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Biondo Line Lock, Seeping...

Hey all,

I finally got everything finished with the front-end and brake install, all my flare joints were good and bled the system, but noticed that my new Line Lock (LL) was seeping from between the 2 parts of the case.

When I first installed everything I had over tightened the fitting on the bottom and then turned it back slightly to match up to where the brake line was going, but noticed I turned the whole bottom part of the LL when I did that. I have since retightened the bottom part of the LL housing but there is still seeping from the area where the 2 parts com together.

The seeping does not appear to put air into the system, and doesn't change when there is presure in there or not, nor does it feel like pressure is bleeding off when I hold the brake pedal in firmly.

I have done some googling and it sounds like I should be OK with the way it is since there is no air getting in or pressure leakage (that I feel), and hell it would almost not even bother me, but it seeps and then finally after a few minutes (about 10) or so it forms a single drip that drips down onto my steering shaft and headers causing a bunch of smoke...

These things a rebuildable, should I take it fully apart and see what's going on or would that be a bad idea?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed the same thing on mine when i was installing my abs delete. My pedal pressure is the same but i hear a noise coming out of the LL when i pump my brakes sounds like air coming out of it. After a few pumps i can feel brake fluid around the LL. Which brand LL are you using?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is a Biondo.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:26 AM
TECH Resident

Some line lock solinoids are rebuildable, not sure about biondo. Try searching summits website for a rebuild kit.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SlowFormula
It is a Biondo.
Opps missed that. Mine is SJM.

Quick Reply: Biondo Line Lock, Seeping...