Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

MY bone stock C5 dyno(good numbers?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grn4fbody
My STOCK LT1 made 268 stock threw a M6 with a opti problem.....230 is ridiculous
Holy over sized photos!

Different dyno's give different readings. Do you know for sure the engine was stock? If you didn't buy it new, ya can't really tell what's underneath the valves without looking. Your dyno sheet from 2005 says its maybe more than 9yrs after the car was built. Any number of engien rebuilds may have happened since then.

Aside from that, the 230 number really was about normal... stock, new. More importantly, even from 268, you're not just bolting on a few external things and gaining 60rwhp. It just won't happen, short of a power adder. I believe that was the original "what are you smoking?" point...
Old 01-03-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I like the green. I like the power. I like Corvettes!

The LS series is superior, by design. Nobody is saying bad things about the LT series, but it is inferior, again, by design.

I think the piont being made was, you're not at all likely to just bolt on a few parts(short of power adders) and see 330+rwhp from an LS1 powered F-body. Instead, you'll need something like ported heads, replacement heads, a new cam... But just external bolt ons? Not likely at all.

The numbers shown are the norm, and what you've seen is exactly what you're describing... technology being used to upgrade older equipment. But "normal" means, "how it was when originally made" in this case, obviously.

Btw, the 370Z gets its name from the engine size. 3.7L The former 350Z had a 3.5L. Those engines are real nice and make good power for their small size indeed, but they're also quite expensive.

Yes, you are right, we are inferior by design and the newer technology really helps. Still, the lt1 had to put up with a lot of strict emissions requirements and just uncorking that potential will wake the engine up. I am presuming you meant you can't just bolton parts onto an "lt1" and not the said "ls1" and get 330rwhp...I think that statement could be hit and miss. For the majority of full bolton lt1s(including roller rockers) those numbers will not be reached, but there are the occasional 330 hp full bolton lt1s.

I don't want to really play the cost game cause that is falling back on a retarded plan that is used far too much, but if one was on a budget an lt1 could be had cheap and made faster for a lot less money than buying a newer ls1 or a 370Z + our iron blocks supposedly love the NAWSS. Thanks for informing me about the relationship between the 3.7l and the 370Z and 350Z etc...I should have known that looking back at the 300zx etc.

I know most people don't hate the lt1 or try to insult it, but some excessive disdain from ls1 guys is surely present. The best way I can explain that is like some people(no one in particular) having in the closet prejudice; you don't let everybody know you feel that way, but it is there and occasionally you let it out and say the N word....you know, Niblet.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

catback/TDs, LT Headers, ORY, CAI, 52/58mm TB, airfoil, TB bypass, 160* thermostat, pulleys, ported MAF, roller rockers, valve springs, cutout, EWP, Lt4 km, intake elbow, AIR EGR!!, Royal Purple synthetic fluids, OTVC Spark plugs and wires, MSD everything igniton, a good dyno tune, seafoaming the car and whatever else I am missing could put a few lt1s up to 330 hp or real close.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by ndfrsd6
with my 241's i put down 430 rwhp and 400 rwtq with my h/c setup and on my 402 im putting down 500 and 469 tq so there not that bad for what they are
Is that with stock connecting rods

Quick Reply: MY bone stock C5 dyno(good numbers?)