Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

JPR HVLD Stage 2 heads & custom cam dyno results !

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: JPR HVLD Stage 2 heads & custom cam dyno results !

Awesome.

How was drivability and mileage on your way home?

I guess I can respond to this.. I helped Mike drive the car home. We did not calculate the gas mileage, but I am sure it was over 25mpg on the way back.. Stop and go was great.. I really did not notice any bucking below 1500rpm, but I was not rolling around in 5th and 6th at that rpm for that long anyway.. The overall package is great.. I think anyone could drive around with this package with no problem..
Old 10-15-2003, 09:00 AM
Z00
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, but what does he say you will get in an auto since they usually dyno a little lower?
Old 10-15-2003, 09:15 PM
Shorty Director

I got a chance to ride in Mike's car minus all the weight.. All I can say is WOW!!!!! It is faster than my car without a doubt.. I make 421rwhp with 4.10's and his 3.42's pulled hard azz hell..
Old 10-15-2003, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Vince I am pretty happy so far, we'll see what the fl dyno says.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I dyno'd in Florida today and it was a bit lower. I pulled 437 rwhp and 395 rwtq down here. Maybe its the humidity/heat? I am still happy but just being able to say I have 450 hp would have been cool. Maybe I can still get there with a bit more tuning. We also found that my throttle body was not up to spec according to Joes flow bench so he is gonna port one out to flow 1000 cfm and send it to me.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

florida cars always dyno lower, dont feel bad

thats why i dont really listen to dyno numbers

those are some killer numbers anyways, wish i got that much

where did you dyno?
Old 10-16-2003, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

It was at a place called Secret Services in St Pete. All the local guys go there which was why I went there cause it is a good comparison in that respect.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Shorty Director

Those are still great #'s Mike.. Your car still feels strong as hell.. Many of us in Florida felt our cars dyno lower than anywhere else. This is just one example. We have GTP, ARE, MTI, Absolute, Patriot and TEA cars not dyno'ing no where near what we read on this board. You have one of the highest dyno'ing cars in the state of Florida. You are one of the few.. Be Proud.. I have learned that dyno #'s are more of a selling tool than a actual fact. I for one need to just enjoy my car and not worry about dyno #'s in Texas, Philly, NJ, Ohio, or Michigan.. I can say another thing. You are going to be a force to reckon with at our local track..
Old 10-16-2003, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah the car is still potent but that lsx intake and EWP are looking more and more attractive now as I know they could push me up to the 450 mark but its to much cash for now. Hopefully the new TB and a tad more on the tune can gain me a few more ponies.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

Well I dyno'd in Florida today and it was a bit lower. I pulled 437 rwhp and 395 rwtq down here. Maybe its the humidity/heat? I am still happy but just being able to say I have 450 hp would have been cool. Maybe I can still get there with a bit more tuning. We also found that my throttle body was not up to spec according to Joes flow bench so he is gonna port one out to flow 1000 cfm and send it to me.
Thanks for doing that for us! I had alot of people PM me and Email me asking my why my car did ONLY 450rwhp after the LS6 heads and big cam. The dyno makes alot of difference! The dyno's down in this part of the country just don't see big numbers, heck my 451rwhp was the largest Normally Aspirated number of any car that had ever been on that dyno! Btw..the highest F-body at Walker Dynotune before my car was a procharged LS1 T/A that had made 440rwhp. Those numbers on an INDEPENDANT dyno are great, and you know how hard the car pulls , now smoke some ***!
Old 10-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

So these cam specs are top secret classified?
Old 10-17-2003, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

florida cars always dyno lower, dont feel bad

thats why i dont really listen to dyno numbers

those are some killer numbers anyways, wish i got that much

where did you dyno?
Even here there is some variance in dynos. You can even go to the same dyno a few days later with no changes in mods and pick up or loss 5-10rwhp, depending on things the dyno is supposed to correct for.

I dont think you should feel compeled to post the lower numbers in your sig. There is still a lot less variance in dyno numbers than track times, and people post their best track times. Dyno numbers are a much truer measure of how much power you are putting down than track times, because there are many more things that affect track times (weight, driver skill, DA, track prep, etc..)
Old 10-17-2003, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Joe has some killer low and midlift numbers,don't sweat a dyno,enjoy it!
Go bust up some mustangs Congrads
Old 10-17-2003, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

don't misunderstand me I am very happy with my car cause it hauls ***, alot of us Florida guys were curious about the air down here as our dyno numbers were always a little lower than up North. In my case it is proof at least to me. In New Jersey I put down 450 hp 405 tq with no dyno tricks, down here I put down 437 hp and 395 tq with no dyno tricks which is still awesome but it kinda tells me that the air is a bit different down here. If nothing else its good for comparisons sake, Maybe I should move up North in the name of horsepower
Old 10-17-2003, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

well you may have just wandered a little out of tune on the drive also. Reset the pcm next time when you get on the dyno andsee if that helps. or after a pass or 2
Old 10-17-2003, 11:53 PM
Shorty Director

well you may have just wandered a little out of tune on the drive also. Reset the pcm next time when you get on the dyno andsee if that helps. or after a pass or 2
LOL!!! Out of tune??? The a/f was identical to the a/f in NJ.. The numbers are still great.. No one is complaining.. I for one would still purchase heads from JPR.. I just know now to expect different numbers in Florida compared to up there..
Old 10-18-2003, 12:07 AM
TECH Resident

what I am saying Vince is that sometimes on a long trip or such some six seeds cruise in 6th gear. Sometimes because of the load on the car it spark knocks a little. Then it reverts to low octane tables. So thats why a pcm reset is sometimes of benifit.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:33 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought Dynojets correction makes it able to dyno in any temps,hum,baro depending on what state the dyno is in and get close to the same numbers?

Whats the correction,5 to 7 %?
If this is the case then this shows that the power u made in NJ is still the same power u made in FL,just that the weather did in fact play a role in the loss.

I guess dyno's are just tools,nothing more that a tuning device.
I for one wont get caught up in dyno numbers anymore

Your package looks very good....
Enjoy it...

Good luck bro
Old 10-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Shorty Director

what I am saying Vince is that sometimes on a long trip or such some six seeds cruise in 6th gear. Sometimes because of the load on the car it spark knocks a little. Then it reverts to low octane tables. So thats why a pcm reset is sometimes of benifit.
You learn something new everyday. I have never heard of this.. I would have thought the pcm would have stabilized in two days being in Florida.. We pretty much expected different numbers. We just wanted to know how much.. Like I said earlier. No one is complaining about the numbers. Mike just want to post the numbers he received at home. No one thinks he lost anything.. Its just our dynos read lower.. My Stage I's would probably dyno 435rwhp/400rwtq on JD's Dyno. That does not mean something is wrong with his dyno.. It just means our dynojets post lower numbers in Florida.. Mike has some more mods to purchase. He might get 450rwhp in Florida. Guess what that means..? 470rwhp plus with a shortbelt in NJ.. We might just drive back up there in the spring to see....
Old 10-18-2003, 06:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Were you running the same octane gas also? I know its getting harder to find higher octane gas in some states.

If the air filter was pulled, was it pulled on that dyno too?