Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Meziere Water Pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb

I'd agree with you if your 60 foots were exactly identical and the temp, barometric pressure, track prep, etc were exactly identical before and after your mods as well.

Maybe others with an ewp will chime in and say they gained 3 tenths and relative mph down the strip too.

The thread is about a Meziere ewp not a crank pulley (I have both as well). I can GUARANTEE you that you gained a LOT more from your pulley then you did from your pump

Not doubting your claimed runs or gains; but the op was talking about a water pump.

Originally Posted by SEB
I paid $350 for mine & $100 for my pully all it had was Dyno time. I think install was $150 alone. $600 bucks for 3 tenths in the 1/8 which comes out to 4 tenths in the 1/4. I will take any day when it comes to N/A hp. Hell you can't even buy a Dry kit for that & most dry kits on a 100 shot only drop 4 tenths in the 1/4.

<--- Elec water & Underive pully are well worth the money! I disagree. Show me a mod where you can get 4tenths of N/A hp in the 1/4 for $600 installed.

Im not saying its the best mod since sliced bread. But yes. If you don't have a Elec Water & Underdrive pully & want better fuel milage & drop alot of et in the 1/4 & run cooler in traffic. Then the Elec waterpump is a great deal since you can find used all day for $350.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys...alot of good info... well.. I don't know if 10hp is worth $600 plus install..
Old 03-18-2009, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

Stick with the stock pump. It is cheap and reliable.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sigforty
Stick with the stock pump. It is cheap and reliable.
Oh come on Mark !! I just drove the 402 back from Texas and had zero issues with my EWP. That little sucker is a beaut. Lets the engine rev so more efficiently. Can't forget the better gas mileage bro. Check out my new thread for the answer to how I did on the way home. All highway with a lot of cruising, some spirited driving, 3 dyno pulls, and a couple races with Brandon aka X Factor Pitbull. Any guesses ??

Sorry for the hijack sorta, but it is pertinent to one of the reasons you should get the EWP.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Oh come on Mark !! I just drove the 402 back from Texas and had zero issues with my EWP. That little sucker is a beaut. Lets the engine rev so more efficiently. Can't forget the better gas mileage bro. Check out my new thread for the answer to how I did on the way home. All highway with a lot of cruising, some spirited driving, 3 dyno pulls, and a couple races with Brandon aka X Factor Pitbull. Any guesses ??

Sorry for the hijack sorta, but it is pertinent to one of the reasons you should get the EWP.
So allngn, Does the motor rev more freely? Does it rev faster with EWP?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

IMHO, I say yes. Its a combo of the ud pully and ewp though. They work very well together. I will post an update on my 402's gas mileage after I change the oil and make a run up north. I'll fill her up, and drive to the location and refill for an accurate number. Be advised that I will be driving in gas sipper mode with the cruise set at 68 mph in 6th gear to show the builds potential to be frugal, and on the way home I am going to let her rip and just drive normally. That way you can see both potentials for this motor. I will guess 28 mpg babying it, and 18 mpg ripping on it some.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

BTW my tire pressure wasn't optimum for the ride home from texas either. I left 80 degree weather and 32 psi all around when hot, and drove through 70's, 60's and so on until I made the turn north and she really cooled down after the sun dipped out. I wathced the hot tire pressure dip to 28 all around and I didn't add air because it was actually helping with traction a little. Had the tires been 35 all round the rolling resistance would've been reduced and the mileage would've been better too.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by allngn_c5

I am sorry Doug, but just the concept of converting mechanical energy into electical just so it could drive a mechanical pump does not sit well with me. I could understand on a dragster where you remove the concept of converting electrical power, and intead just charge the batteries after every run. For a street car though I rather have the mechanical driven pump.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

I hear ya Mark. A mechanical pump shows signs of pending failure, and the ewp just stops without warning. Now with that being said 3000 hours is a long time for a pump to run continuously. I just used up 17 hours on my way from Texas LOL. NO issues. Lucky me. Lots of people on here with EWP's, how about posting up ?? How long have you had it ? I have had my ewp since 2006 and driven over 15000 miles. NO issues, except better gas mileage.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

good reading lol thought about it but seems like kind of a waste
Old 03-30-2009, 04:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i installed an U/D pulley and Mezeire EWP last fall. since i did both at the same time, i cannot speak for who much a gained from each separately. here are the results for my car:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...one-after.html
Old 03-30-2009, 06:06 PM

~5rwhp at best from an EWP. .4 in the 1/4 from an EWP no F@#$ing way.

Reliability is an issue with me as far as getting one. Plus not sure if I want to dump any more $ into the SS or just get a vette.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Does anybody have a weight comparison for the Meziere street pump, and the standard Mechanical pump? I mean if there was some weight loss as well as somewhere between 5-7rwhp would be worth it for me. Yes the price is steep but u get to a certain point where every bit counts, and you have to pay the price.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

When I was finishing my 346 the first time around I added the ewp because I was chasing 500 rwhp and it was the last bolt on. It worked so well that I re used it on my 402. Drove the car 1200+ miles home with ZERO issues. I love the ewp.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the price of things is a little scued.. I found a brand new one for 300 from a local guy. If you keep your eye out you can find them for really cheap compared to brand new. Yes you don't know what you are getting with a used product, but better to find out then buying one for double the price. And honest if you have to take you car in to change the water pump you should twice about modding you car, Its like 8 10mm bolts. and a couple hoses. It pretty simple. I don't know if it help my car, cause I put a whole new motor in with every bolt on you could buy at once. Chasing the magic 500 number, I doubt it will be 500 but should be somewhat close, The car does run super cool compared to how it did with the stock pump. So if you want you car to run cooler all the time its a great investment...
Old 03-31-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

My temps dropped about 10-15* with the Meziere. It flows very well, trust me.

As for the hours and the rebuild cost, yes, it will need to be rebuilt in 3000 hours but that has got to be longer than 3 years. For example, my Sierra has 36,000 miles in 2 years and about 900 hours on the clock so you are talking driving the living crap out of your car to go 3000 hours in 3 years.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by davered00ss
.4 in the 1/4 from an EWP no F@#$ing way.

S.A.M. cut .3 off of the 1/4 just from bypassing the power steering pump pulley, so even though the HP gains might be small or none, i think it's more the fact you are eliminating one more thing that the engine needs to move, which is why the 1/4 time drops so great.