Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Exotic Performance Plus, Patriot Performance 225/229 Cam, LS6 Engine, '99 Z28 M6

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exotic Performance Plus, Patriot Performance 225/229 Cam, LS6 Engine, '99 Z28 M6

Wow, did Exotic Performance Plus sure treat me right!!! Thanks to Bob for the GREAT price and thanks to Dustin, Kevin and Brent for working so hard on my junk! They treated my "rough around the edges" '99 Z28 M6 daily driver like a brand new ZO6 'Vette, while Bob treated me like their highest-paying account. At times, I felt like I was their only customer, even though the awesome machines in their bays on their lifts told me otherwise! Thanks so much guys!

I don't have the car back yet. I go to pick it up on Monday, and let me tell you, I can't wait.

This is on a MUSTANG dyno and a budget build. I'm still missing a ported TB. Peak numbers were 395HP/385TQ. You might add 20 or so to those numbers for a DynoJet, but peak numbers weren't at all what I was after. I was after power under curve and power in the RPM range the car sees the most performing daily-driving duties. Look at that torque number; more than 350 at 3500 RPM!

1999 Camaro Z28 M6;
125,000 miles on everything but the engine and mods;
LS6 engine transplant from an '05 CTS-V;
Patriot Performance cam
  • Intake Duration: 225 @.050"
  • Exhaust Duration: 229 @.050"
  • Intake Lift: .580"
  • Exhaust Lift: .590"
  • LSA: 114+4;
8401 Springs;
Patriot Performance 7.400" Hardened Pushrods;
LS7 Clutch Kit from SDPC;
Tick Performance Adjustable Master Cylinder;
QTP Long Tube Headers into QTP ORY with dual e-cutouts;
Stock Cat-Back and muffler;
MTI Clear Lid with stock paper filter;
Underdrive Pulley.

That's the majority, if not all, of the performance mods done. I'm not sure if they ran the cut-outs open or not. I grind the gears with a Pro 5.0 and Lou's Short Stick. The car is white with white leather and has the Y3F Sport Appearance Package ground effects kit.

Like I say, I'm still missing a ported TB. This is also through the stock 10-bolt, and may God have mercy on it!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 12:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty nice numbers considering the LS7 clutch set-up and being on the MD. I would have guessed it to be slightly higher though with the ls6 heads and U/D pulley. Looks pretty close to the graph of my 224/230 111+1 cam and 98 heads. I am sure it is a fun street car.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The numbers were slightly higher than I expected, and really, the U/D pulley isn't a horsepower mod as much as it's a mod to make it easier for the engine to build RPMs. A ported TB on this setup will do more for rwhp, probably.

You made 387rwhp/374rwtq? Was that on a Dynojet?

Bob said putting some miles on the engine will free up some ponies too.

Originally Posted by bob@exoticperformanceplus.com
A stock LS1 f body makes 260 to 280 rwhp on my Mustang Chassis Dyno, and your car is making 391 rwhp. Not bad at all, and as this engine gets miles on it again, it will probably make even more power.

Quick Reply: Exotic Performance Plus, Patriot Performance 225/229 Cam, LS6 Engine, '99 Z28 M6