Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

LS3 and Hot Cam Results

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Reply

Josh, you tell your dad that he made the right choice in an engine. Those are nice numbers to the wheels. I have that same engine that is going to go into an 87 Buick T-Type Regal. Right now I am in the parts gathering stage of which I have most of the stuff. I have a 2004 GTO 4L60E trans that I am going to put in but I want to have it worked over first otherwise I know it would have to be done later. I myself want a good street car rather than a strip car although it might see some drag strip to dial it in. Tell your dad good luck with the car and make sure you post some times if he does take it to the track.
Rich
Old 05-28-2009, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TURBO BUICK
Josh, you tell your dad that he made the right choice in an engine. Those are nice numbers to the wheels. I have that same engine that is going to go into an 87 Buick T-Type Regal. Right now I am in the parts gathering stage of which I have most of the stuff. I have a 2004 GTO 4L60E trans that I am going to put in but I want to have it worked over first otherwise I know it would have to be done later. I myself want a good street car rather than a strip car although it might see some drag strip to dial it in. Tell your dad good luck with the car and make sure you post some times if he does take it to the track.
Rich
Thanks for the kind words. He's very happy with the setup and the results. That's going to be a sick Regal, a real head turner for sure. My favorite cars are the 80's G-Bodies. If I ever decided to pick one up, I'd use my car as a donor for a LS1/t56 Monte Carlo or Regal. It'd make for a fun street car.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reply

Josh, it sounds to me that you are going to be a gearhead like your father. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and I do wish you well in this hobby. The only problem is that it can be expensive. My wife can vouch for that. Yah I am sort of obsessed with the "G" body cars. Right now I only have about 6 of them plus a 7th for a parts car. I just like the style of them. Actually I like all Performance Cars. I just don't like a car that goes from point A to point B. It has to do so in a hurry for me to like it. Again good luck in this expensive sport. If you don't already have one, get a girl that likes the hobby like you do. That is a BIG BIG ASSET in more ways than one. That is exactly what I did and I am not sorry. If she doesn't like cars forget about her. She is not for you. If you already have a girlfriend that isn't interested in cars then all the advice that I can give you is: Bam Bam Thank You Ma'am and be on your way. Good luck in this sport Josh and I will be looking to see if your Dad made any 1/4 mile runs. Keep us posted.
Rich

Quick Reply: LS3 and Hot Cam Results