Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

FWIW, TEA 1.5 vs. 2.5 +90RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uhhh..... nowhere in your sig did you state the color of the car....... I'm trying to remember which car this was b/c I didn't remember seeing a c5 break and I was there all day saturday(which it could have happened Sunday)

Anyways CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Looks like I might end up with a set of TEA's!!

Josh S.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

well Brian if I remember correctly there was a guy that only dynoed 420 on LG's dyno with your heads and a g5x2 and all the bolt ons, Lou came on a said that the reason was becuase the heads dont flow well up top in the 600 lift area, which has been found to be true by a few others that had them independantly flowed, you addmitted having a new valve job to solve the early stalling issue, You then said that Lous cam makes no power and only damages valvetrain components and makes them unreliable {by the way nice cam in your sig} since then you have bashed Patriot a number of times and also Absolute a few times so you tell me who the trouble maker is here, you then come on with a post this morning with intent to bash other vendors and cuase friction on the board so take your own advise and keep the tech in ls1 tech. I have tried my best lately not to seem to bash you, like I said before I post nothing but the facts, while you do have some good results from your heads you have an awfull lot of low numbers and dissapointed customers, I dont know were all these 450 dyno's your talking about is coming from, I never seem them and I look at all the dyno results on this board so its not a mystery to me how two guys with the exact set up dynoed the same exact numbers. I dont mean to be rude to you but when you bash LG, Patriot and Absolute like you have done plenty of times I feel offended because I am a fan of all three vendors you bash.

Also get off of the kiss my advertising dollars goodbye thing. This Is the biggest, baddast, and BEST ls1 forum in the world, you and your other vendor friends are not going anywere. give me a break where are you going to go to a kiddie site were all you will be geting is calls from kids asking you how much power they will get from an ls6 intake and air lid on there bone stock z28, get real
Old 11-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
ChevyDan and SuperSlowSSLS1
It is a mystery to me how one car with our Stg 1.5 makes 448 RWHP through a A4 and you guys can't make 400 RWHP. I can't believe there is that much difference in our CNC ported heads, as Speed Inc, GMMG and others have seen 10 RWHP from highest to lowest. But now it can only be the fault of the heads, I would say look at some other places before you give them the boot. If you do pull them off the car please send them to me so that we can check to make sure there are no issues with the head. Could be an install problem or anything.
NE14A6T9
Lou choose the battle, not us. I stepped on his toes, apologized for doing so and then he cut my head off. I knew that it was easy for him to be a total *** behind a keyboard, so I thought when I met him in person he would be an OK guy and we would work things out. He was as big of an *** in person as he is on the internet. Once again he says our heads were down on power on his dyno, but then dozens of other shops tell us we have the highest dynoing cars, WITH THE SMALLEST CAMS, that they have seen. Come on 448 through a A4 with a 224/224 .581.581 at Speed Inc, 449 through a 12 bolt at GMMG's, thats serious power! Of course most everyone on the internet is calling BS on LG's numbers right now. We got this car in, the guy is from Nashville, he told us it was supposed to make 46x and it makes 442 on the THIRD pull. But now it is not supposed to make 46x it is supposed to make 448? It all sounds like bull to me, another thing that is bull is how every post that is negative towards LG gets pulled but for other vendors it is not. I can tell you this before any moderator pulls one of my posts they better have John or Tony call me or they can kiss my advertising dollars goodbye and I am taking other vendors with me!

Enough bashing, keep the Tech in LS1tech
Mr.Tooley

With hooker long tubes duel exaust 3in with bullets ls6 intake c2 cam stock heads and no tuning no pullies and no tb the car put down 372hp and 361rwt. That is why i am frustrated. I have dyno sheets to fax to you if you want.But if i pull the heads back off will you check them for me for no cost except shipping.
I am pretty sure there is no other issues i have been a mechanic for 10 years i use tech 2 to log knock and there is none.Besides being underpowered the car runs perfect even idles great!!!

Thank you for your help.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 1,009 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

NE,

You are so out of line posting Lou's comments then attacking TEA without any personal first hand experience with any of the products in question that you should be banned. Your constantly harassing with your worthless opinion at least one specific sponsor with out any technical data. Most of us interested in tech really get sick of seeing your slime on the screen.

As for the folks with the C2 and 1.5's techincal discussion in another thread would be the right thing to do.

Otherwise, discussion need to focus on the topic at hand.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SuperSlowSSLS1
I have dyno graphs.. But iam not schure how to post them exactly..
I just want to no if we did not get are heads done the way they where souposed to be done.. Or whats wrong.. ?? This is my frist heads and cam..
And iam not happy. With it at all..
chevydan do u think that we schould change are cam's?

Superslow i dont know what to do either. I am out of money got to work 2 months to save enough up (wife no longer funds the fun!).
Old 11-12-2003, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

blackbird, I only learn from people like you who has posted several times your tea head flow numbers in the past, remember stalling at 500 only flowing 250 through the intake, now all of a sudden your an *** kisser, we have 2 guys that spent alott of money { some of there wifes money to} to only gain 20 hp, why dont you tell them why, you know you know why. I was the first to tell them to put up a seperate post so this post doesnt get off topic, I was also the first to tell them they have the wrong cams not the wrong heads. Just becuase I never had tea heads doesnt mean I havent seen a pattern with other dyno results and mods, there is no reason to try to get me banned I am not bashing anyone
Old 11-12-2003, 11:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=ne14a6t9]well Brian if I remember correctly there was a guy that only dynoed 420 on LG's dyno with your heads and a g5x2 and all the bolt ons, Lou came on a said that the reason was becuase the heads dont flow well up top in the 600 lift area,

Did he flow them? I am sure he didn't, there has been more people flow the heads with the same results that we got when we flowed (Phil99vette at GTP) them but somehow that gets looked over, but if they don't flow up top, then holy cow, they must all do that. I have had my heads flowed for almost 10 years by everyone, alot are within 1% but then somehow someone elses is off 5-10% but then they put them on the car and it makes the power so then I just blow off the flow numbers as someone that can't use a flowbench.

You then said that Lous cam makes no power and only damages valvetrain components and makes them unreliable {by the way nice cam in your sig}

I did not say that, some guy came on here and asked if he should put that cam in his daily driver and I told him that I would not use this cam in a daily driver because I had broke an exhaust spring on my car the day before. So all I said was I WOULD NOT run this cam in a DAILY DRIVER. Thats all, but then once Lou cut my head off I did know of several people that had broke springs with this cam and one that had lost power and actually didn't get to come dyno his car because it broke an exhaust spring before he got it to Bowling Green. I was simply bashing Lou AFTER he had cut my head off. Of course Lou informed me that I didn't have his cam, but then on Corvette forum once I went 9.87 it was his cam, go fiqure.

since then you have bashed Patriot a number of times

I did not bash PP, they stated that they were using Comp springs, which they were not, but then once someone said "TEA uses Comp springs, their heads must be unreliable also" I hit the roof. They did not buy springs from Comp and was making us honest vendors that do use Comp springs (BTW with little issue) look bad. So was I supposed to set quite while PP made our heads look bad just because they were lying about their spring vendor ????? Telling the truth is not bashing it is telling the truth, as least thats what you say.

and also Absolute a few times

If I did, I am sorry, I have no problem with Jay even though he bashed me during Lou's deal. I told Jay that I have respect for what he does because I know how hard it is to do what he is trying to do, with the hand porting, as I did it for years.

you then come on with a post this morning with intent to bash other vendors and cuase friction

I did? thats strange, I didn't post anything this morning. Brent did post something but it had no vendor name attached to it, so who were we bashing????

I dont know were all these 450 dyno's your talking about is coming from, I never seem them and I look at all the dyno results on this board

Speed Inc. (LS1 Speed) in Chitown 448 RWHP A4 car
GMMG in Fatlanta 449 RWHP 12 bolt who posted many times

Believe it, they are real, and run low 11's at 124-125 with 3400+ lbs You only choose to remember the negative and forget the positive.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

NE,

*** kissing not really...it's your vendetta against TEA it's sickening.

I know what the deal WITH my heads was. I don't know what the deal with their heads is because I didn't TEST their heads.

For all I know retarding the cam 2 degrees in their set ups will increase peak rwhp. Did they degree their respective cams in or install dot to dot?

Have the motors been tested for leak down?
Old 11-13-2003, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Ok this is getting out of hand me and superslow are only asking for help.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Chevy your right and the focus needs to be back on the issue...help.

Sent a PM, probably stuff you've thought about
Old 11-13-2003, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

NE,
May I ask you what mods YOU have actually put on your car as you quote your sig "go fast goodies coming soon". Is your only way of finding out what products work via internet?

I have personally seen the 449 rwhp Georgia car. The owner is a good friend of mine and it was his daily driver. BTW, it did that with an F1 cam (mild by todays standards) and through a ford 9'' with 4.30 gears. That same car made 39x rwhp with that F1 cam with a mild tune and through the 10 bolt. So the TEA heads made a TON of power - dyno proven and track tested. On that same day, on the next pull - I put down 430rwhp with my car with a street tune (no dyno tuning) through a 10 bolt with a set of JPR S1 LS6 heads and the TSP 231/237 cam. So I know the number wasn't bull.

Why don't you come down to Atlanta with your "little red corvette" and see what all the TEA cars in the area can do. I know of atleast 5 people down here running there heads and they couldn't be happier. Oh and these aren't the first set of heads they have had either - these are the hardcore guys looking for that last bit of power. And guess what they all chose TEA - there is a reason.

My new set of heads are TEA heads. They will be paired with an appropriate cam, and a BIG one at that. All backed by a full array of bolt ons and through a 10 bolt so that everyone can compare the numbers to the Cartek and LG numbers.

Anyway, TEA congrats on the new heads, and NE - stay off the boards.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I hear that iam just frustrated with this whole thing..
I mean why cant we make even 430rwhp
With a cam alone u schould be at 400hp
and i had 350 before this I was expecting u no at least 40 to 50 from the heads. maby 25 from the cam
But we got close to 50 from both..
dont no what to do.. It's gonna be a B*tch if I have to pull the heads again.. PM so we can try to figure this out..
Old 11-13-2003, 01:55 AM
jmX
TECH Junkie

From this point on, this thread needs to stay 100% technical oriented. Its going into the trash pile if it doesn't straighten itself out.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Lou choose the battle, not us. I stepped on his toes, apologized for doing so and then he cut my head off. Lou says our heads were down on power on his dyno, but then dozens of other shops tell us we have the highest dynoing cars, WITH THE SMALLEST CAMS, that they have seen. Come on 448 through a A4 with a 224/224 .581.581 at Speed Inc, 449 through a 12 bolt at GMMG's, thats serious power! Of course most everyone on the internet is calling BS on LG's numbers right now. We got this car in, the guy is from Nashville, he told us it was supposed to make 46x and it makes 442 on the THIRD pull. But now it is not supposed to make 46x it is supposed to make 448? It all sounds like bull to me, another thing that is bull is how every post that is negative towards LG gets pulled but for other vendors it is not. I can tell you this before any moderator pulls one of my posts they better have John or Tony call me or they can kiss my advertising dollars goodbye and I am taking other vendors with me!

Enough bashing, keep the Tech in LS1tech

[EDIT by jmX: To "keep the tech in LS1tech" I have removed the PERSONAL remarks about other vendors from your post]
Brian,

Great talking to you yesterday. I went by GMMG just after getting off the phone with you. I saw plenty of dyno sheets with results very close together as you mention. Should be some interesting things coming out of your shop.

Good luck and hopefully in the near future we will continue that cam discussion.

Classic,

As you said currently at LEAST 5 and sounds like there will be 7 in the near future.

Last edited by 93Polo; 11-13-2003 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:04 AM
9 Second Club

The 448rwhp car at Speed is a good friend of mine, with just a cam (224/224, .581@112)and ptb the car made 397rwhp. After just bolting on his Tea heads he made 448rwhp with no under drive pulley. The car weighs 3600+ and with a slick went 11.08. My car running on 7 cylenders went 11.7@112 with a 3650 raceweight. So yes Tea heads work, if they don't for you there is most likely a problem with your setup. My #'s and my friends were with Tea's original valve job to. If you think there is a problem with your heads send them back, Brian is a stand up guy and will look at them for you.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Mr.Tooley if i removed the heads how long will it take to check them if i sent them to you.Just wondering because like superslow my car is a everyday driver myonly means of transportation.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes Mr. Tooley I was going to ask u the same thing its my daily driver.. How long to u think that it will take.?
It its also my only means of transportation.