Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Retune ?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3" Y is not stated .... I`ll ask again ^_^ is your LT headers connected to the stock modified Y pipe?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bader-X
3" Y is not stated .... I`ll ask again ^_^ is your LT headers connected to the stock modified Y pipe?
Sorry I didn't answer your question......YES it is.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a bone stock auto ls1 the ls6 intake and 241 heads will dyno right at 300 on a dynojet. If you have a ls6 cam and stock ls6 heads i would say your numbers are not far off.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

I am the guy who sold Butch the car, the car does in fact have the Z06 heads cam package, 243 heads and a Z06 cam...............

The Z06 cam is a very minor step up over stock, so minor most people wouldnt even bother swapping it..........

The only other mods the car has are headers, a lid and a slp cold air induction , I dont understand why everyone thinks the car should make so much power??

Look at what 01/02 Z06 Vettes put down bone stock (right around 340rwhp-350rwhp), so if this car has basically the same set up but has a A4 instead of a M6 (figure in the drivetrain loss of aprox 18%) how are the numbers that far off?

Now look at the trap speed in the 1/8th and what stock Z06s run (about 7.9 @ 89mph) and thats through a M6, a good stall convertor will put this car into the 7s

Maybe part of the problem is (and I told you this Butch) the car is on the stock plug wires at 100k+ miles................

I'd be willing to bet changing the wires would close the gap by a few HP.

The car does have new plugs, new O2s , new fuel filter ect

The car was tuned at New Era by Mike and I saw the dyno sheets when I was up there with my 2010, the afr was fine

Mike has the dyno sheets, I dont know why he didnt print them for you but I'm sure if you call or email him he will get them to you asap but personally I think the numbers are about dead on for a basically stock "Z06" motor through a stock 4L60E, anyone have solid evidence as to why its not???
Old 08-28-2009, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Tim, Thanks for the info. As you know, I went to the track and put some #'s to the car. I posted the results on drag racing results and the response I got mostly from everyone was that the car was kind of slow and was not making good power considering the bolt-ons. That's what led me to this thread to try and get some help with understanding what could be my problem. So I guess after reading your response to all this, you're saying there is nothing wrong with the car, it's running approx. where it should be ?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes it is connected to the stock modified Y pipe?
change it to a 3" Y and you will feel the difference without a dyno
Old 08-28-2009, 07:28 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bader-X
yes it is connected to the stock modified Y pipe?
change it to a 3" Y and you will feel the difference without a dyno
Maybe. Your stock y pipe is definatley the "bottle neck", so to speek, of your airflow. It may be worth 5-10rwhp.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Formula/LS1
Hey Tim, Thanks for the info. As you know, I went to the track and put some #'s to the car. I posted the results on drag racing results and the response I got mostly from everyone was that the car was kind of slow and was not making good power considering the bolt-ons. That's what led me to this thread to try and get some help with understanding what could be my problem. So I guess after reading your response to all this, you're saying there is nothing wrong with the car, it's running approx. where it should be ?

I dont think the results at the track were that bad, I ran a 7.5 the Camaro I sold Lee but I dont think I broke below a 8 the first 2 times I was at the track with it, Lancaster is also known to be a tenth or two slower than other tracks due to the fact it goes uphill....................

My old 98 Formula with lid, pacesetters, magnaflow catback and drag radials only ran a 8.6@ 84mph and that was with dozens of runs and those numbers coming in late september.............

I think the dyno numbers might be 10-15hp off but then again it does have over 100k on the car and the plug wires are original

Like I showed you theres also alot of weight savings in that car to be had and I hate to say it but your never going to get the times you want without a stall..................................

Summary-

theres a tenth or two to be had in weight savings

theres a tenth or two between new plug wires, porting the TB and maybe some adjustable drag shocks

theres about half a second on the table with a stall

and theres probably 3-4 tenths with more practice

but most importantly its all about having fun

I saw the car on Abbott road about a month ago and it looked bad *** with those rims on it
Old 08-29-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

really tho? LT's to a stock y pipe?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98LS1Formula
I dont think the results at the track were that bad, I ran a 7.5 the Camaro I sold Lee but I dont think I broke below a 8 the first 2 times I was at the track with it, Lancaster is also known to be a tenth or two slower than other tracks due to the fact it goes uphill....................

My old 98 Formula with lid, pacesetters, magnaflow catback and drag radials only ran a 8.6@ 84mph and that was with dozens of runs and those numbers coming in late september.............

I think the dyno numbers might be 10-15hp off but then again it does have over 100k on the car and the plug wires are original

Like I showed you theres also alot of weight savings in that car to be had and I hate to say it but your never going to get the times you want without a stall..................................

Summary-

theres a tenth or two to be had in weight savings

theres a tenth or two between new plug wires, porting the TB and maybe some adjustable drag shocks

theres about half a second on the table with a stall

and theres probably 3-4 tenths with more practice

but most importantly its all about having fun

I saw the car on Abbott road about a month ago and it looked bad *** with those rims on it
We need to talk ! Call me
Old 08-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Tim we're going to the track tuesday Tim, want to go? Lee
Old 08-30-2009, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by leebaker1973
Tim we're going to the track tuesday Tim, want to go? Lee
I think I might have to take you up on that offer, Butch feel free to call my cell anytime from noon until 10p
Old 09-01-2009, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98LS1Formula
I think I might have to take you up on that offer, Butch feel free to call my cell anytime from noon until 10p
Maybe I'll see you at the track Tuesday. If not I'll call you.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Formula/LS1
Maybe I'll see you at the track Tuesday. If not I'll call you.
I'll be there, talk to ya then