Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

COMP Lsr Cams

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I was told by a comp rep these lobes are softer on/off the seat than XE-R's, but have lift numbers in between XE-R's and LSK's. They were also optimized for high rpm stability, so they seem to blend nicely between those 2 series of cam's. My old LS3 coupe had an LSL lobed cam and it made great power and good driveability.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ramairws6
Sorry, if I told ya I'd have to take you out.......................

i understand.
but, not even a ball park? lol
my forged 418, though not installed yet, has a mid range lsl lobe cam. just interested b/c of your tuner's comment. i do my own tuning, so...
Old 09-23-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im not sure what heads to go with, I was thinking about either the 5.3 stage 2.5 ported heads or the ls6 stage 2.5 ported heads from texas speed. Im not sure if all the clearances would work out, or which ones would be better. Ideally i was wanting to find someone who has this cam and heads with a dyno so I have something to go off of and make a decision from there. Theres alot of decisions with different heads and camshaft combo's im not sure were to start!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

fwiw, my friend's GTO has the LS3 heads and intake. i believe we used GM's head gasket. the cam cleared fine, no PTV issues at all.

Quick Reply: COMP Lsr Cams