Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

HKE LS3 427, TFS 235's w/ track times

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010 | 12:49 AM
TECH Veteran

I saw this on norcal and that is pretty damn good!
Old 02-15-2010 | 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1lejohn
Nice power. The top end pull must be cool. Its alittle soft on the low end. The trap speed should have you in the mid 10's. I bet its a blast to drive on the street.

I know reading time slips can tell you how your car is running down the track but I'm not proficient in it. My impression of the car when I drove it was exactly what you stated above. The first half of the run was ho hum to me but I could not get over the top end pull it had.
Old 02-17-2010 | 09:40 PM
9 Second Club
10 Year Member

Nice runs and nice combination of parts. I agree, better 60' you'll get mid 10's!
Old 02-18-2010 | 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Amazing. Car sounds awesome
Old 02-18-2010 | 11:50 PM
10 Second Club

Badass pretty much a set up i would dream of but with a m6.
Old 04-15-2010 | 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

Updated track times,

On a negative DA day, (-304) She ran her best ET, mph and 60', no vidieo though, lol. We (she) was having problems hooking ( I wasn't lol) so I gave her some advice on the burn out and she listened, which resulted in the time below. The tire was a 275 50 15 with about 18 psi in it.

This video is the closest one we have to her best time, it's a 10.70 run.

Since that run we added a drag bar in the back and the car launches much straighter now.

Race weight is still about 3690, the car by itself is 3550 with a 1/2 tank of gas (indicated)

It wasn't until she watched the videos that she realized she was on the rev limiter during her burn out, lol. I don't think she hit it at all last weekend.

Also, the car has hooked on three different tire sizes, 275-50-15 < best 60" and 1/4 ET, 255-60-15 and 275-60-15 < best 1/8 mile mph. They are all MT DR's. The car doesn't seem to care which tire is on it, except the 26' ET drags from the first video, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoKuLPMA0kg
Old 04-15-2010 | 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn man, that thing scoots out. that still seems like there is just a little bit of spin on launch. i am definately jealous of you haha.
Old 04-15-2010 | 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Nice runs and times too. congrats to ya. hey,if that is your girls car,does she need a new boyfriend.lol nice job man.
Old 04-16-2010 | 11:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mike c.
hey,if that is your girls car,does she need a new boyfriend.lol nice job man.
LOL!! Thanks but I think the current boyfriend is a keeper. Anyone that will put the drag radials and skinnies on my car, load it on the trailer then drive it to the track and be happy to watch/video my runs has GOT to love me.

Thanks to Eric at HKE for building me an awesome motor, FLT for a great tranny, and Chris at Circle D for building a converter to get my fat car off the line.

The car is definitely daily driveable and is a BLAST to drive on the street. Probably WONT be on the street any time soon though, as CHP doesn't share my appreciation for the awesome power of a 427. The speed with which my rearview mirror filled with a hostile CHP's Buddy Bumper after I decided to just "hit it" a little after racing, was ample proof of that. As I was sitting in my car still wearing my fire jacket, strapped in with my harness, helmet on the seat next to me, and melted rubber all over the car, I knew this was not going to go well for me. As I contemplated seeing my precious car in an impound lot, the evil CHP hit the brakes, flipped a u-turn that threw a lot of gravel and sped off in the opposite direction.

The way I completed my drive home would make my mother proud......
Old 04-16-2010 | 12:53 PM
TECH Junkie

She's a keeper! Lol
Nice build - get that traction and you'll be mid to low 10s. Personally I would change that cam up a little.
How does she like that transmission? I was thinking the same from FLT for my sprayed 440.
Old 04-16-2010 | 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Awesome !!!
Old 04-17-2010 | 12:53 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Wildheart
LOL!! Thanks but I think the current boyfriend is a keeper. Anyone that will put the drag radials and skinnies on my car, load it on the trailer then drive it to the track and be happy to watch/video my runs has GOT to love me.

Thanks to Eric at HKE for building me an awesome motor, FLT for a great tranny, and Chris at Circle D for building a converter to get my fat car off the line.

The car is definitely daily driveable and is a BLAST to drive on the street. Probably WONT be on the street any time soon though, as CHP doesn't share my appreciation for the awesome power of a 427. The speed with which my rearview mirror filled with a hostile CHP's Buddy Bumper after I decided to just "hit it" a little after racing, was ample proof of that. As I was sitting in my car still wearing my fire jacket, strapped in with my harness, helmet on the seat next to me, and melted rubber all over the car, I knew this was not going to go well for me. As I contemplated seeing my precious car in an impound lot, the evil CHP hit the brakes, flipped a u-turn that threw a lot of gravel and sped off in the opposite direction.

The way I completed my drive home would make my mother proud......
So now that we know how much you weigh, how old are you? LOL
Old 04-17-2010 | 06:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
So now that we know how much you weigh, how old are you? LOL

I got in trouble for that, lol and I would get in more trouble if I gave up her age, lets just say she is cougar-ish
Old 04-17-2010 | 08:22 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Spellbound
I got in trouble for that, lol and I would get in more trouble if I gave up her age, lets just say she is cougar-ish
I was like, I wonder if he realized what he did there?

Sounds like a keeper to me. That's awesome that you have a cool chick that enjoys your hobby with you. Grats to you guys!
Old 04-17-2010 | 08:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spellbound

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
I was like, I wonder if he realized what he did there?

Sounds like a keeper to me. That's awesome that you have a cool chick that enjoys your hobby with you. Grats to you guys!
Thank you, we've had a great time racing each other and competing for the fastest ET when we both had heads and cam cars.

Spellbound,

Nice save Honeybunny.
Old 04-18-2010 | 07:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

HoneyBunny = Priceless !!!! She just got even....................
Old 04-18-2010 | 07:14 AM

The build is so great!!! I learning about engine, hop that i can build one myself one day.
Old 04-18-2010 | 07:47 PM
Teching In

After going to Grudge Night last night and seeing all the bad *** cars, my boyfriend, (Honeybunny), said what I was thinking...."Watching all those cars makes me want to do some weight reduction on your car."

Uh-oh....I have a feeling we are getting ready to light more money on fire, lol! Sometimes having two people who love cars living under one roof can be a bad thing. Guess we'll justify it by saying we're doing our part to stimulate the economy.
Old 04-18-2010 | 07:59 PM
9 Second Club

Go get em Grandma!

yup thats right everybody, not my grandma though. haha
Old 04-18-2010 | 08:14 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Very nice runs and build. You have all the right people in your corner. You two have done it right and the results speak volumes. Weight reduction alone would knock the ETs down, but you guys are flying and not sacrificing anything. Ya gotta love it.

Major props to the whole couple/car package We share many qualities and they are all good.

Erik (HKE), Chris (Circle D) and the FLT gang are the best of the best. Ya'll did very good in your team selection!

I bet that car is some kind of fun

Quick Reply: HKE LS3 427, TFS 235's w/ track times