Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Bad dyno numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

that second bend in the exaust to carry it to the rear of the car is a major restriction point, it is not even mandrel bent exaust, I would fix this because you definetly are losing some horses there. it cannot account for the amount you are missing but but you might have alot of small contributing factors
Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 82cetuner
that second bend in the exaust to carry it to the rear of the car is a major restriction point, it is not even mandrel bent exaust, I would fix this because you definetly are losing some horses there. it cannot account for the amount you are missing but but you might have alot of small contributing factors
I TOTALLY agree with you, my main issue/concern in the prevous motor, bone stock, same carb, same exhaust, same intake made 328whp and like 340tq IIRC, the new motor with a fairly beefy cam, made 336whp and 333tq

So, I don't expect 150hp gain, i do expect it would put out more than 8whp

I can put on some APC decals and get more than that! ;-)

The exhaust is definetly in the plan of things to fix...

I also found out the guy who tuned it never removed the #2 timing pill when he programmed the MSD, so it kept the #2 timing map, which uses 36* of timing past 3000rpms, which from what I have seen/heard/read, is WAYYY to much

Thank you everyone for all the input so far!