Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Got to the dyno today

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got to the dyno today

02 Z dual springs hardened pushrods, 160 stat and A&A 3.8 pulley kit (NO METH) 93 octane and Mikey's "magic tune" from rapid motorsports. Can't wipe the grin off my face

Very happy
Thanks Mike For spending the time to make it right:thumbs:
We went 2 bar and kept throwing fuel at it:smash:
Not bad for a "back yard mechanic":*****:

Last edited by 02WSsicks; 04-01-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Forgot Lg streets and no cat with stock TI exhaust
Old 04-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Great day Got a chance to talk with John (very nice car guy)

GM Performance Division Test Vehicle Driver John Heinricy - The Coolest Job in the World
John Heinricy, GM's Performance-Vehicle Guru, Gets Paid To Do What You Would Pay To Do.
February, 2009 issue of Hot Rod
By Bill McGuire
Photography by David Freers, GM

John Heinricy had his hands... read full captionJohn Heinricy had his hands in each of the vehicles seen here. He helped develop the Trailblazer SS, did a lot of suspension engineering and tuning on the HOT ROD Solstice, and raced the Caddy in the Speed World Challenge series."I've never designed opportunities for myself at GM. I never actively went after my next job. They just sort of happened for me," John Heinricy says. Now there's a remarkable statement. From a car guy's point of view, John may very well have the best job in the world, and he didn't even plan it that way.

John's official title is director of high-performance vehicle operations, General Motors Performance Division. In plain English, that means that among other duties, he is responsible for all the performance versions of GM vehicles, from the Cobalt SS to the Cadillac CTS-V to the Corvette Z06. And he works with them from start to finish: planning, development, testing, and execution. He not only gets to drive these cars before anyone else, but he also plays a major role in thinking them up in the first place. Sure sounds like a dream job. Is it? "There are headaches in every job," John says. "There are budgets to meet, business cases to be put together. There's a tremendous amount of planning involved in getting these vehicles approved and then getting them into production. So it's a business like any other business. It's a lot of work." Sure, whatever. But is the job as fabulous as it looks? "Yeah," says John as he cracks a grin from ear to ear. "I guess it is."
Old 04-02-2010, 05:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Nice job on the car Jeff. You happened to show up on a day when I was working on one of John's cars. Very cool.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice results, and what an experience. Great post !!!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What a great experience yesterday to meet John & have Mikey tune yet another Monster for the street.

There was alot of this last night after those numbers. A big thanks to Phoenix & Mikey for making this possible.

BTW, John is one helluva nice guy. Thanks to him for giving GM Performance years of knowledge!