Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
heres a quote from a lil article ive read online reguarding AFR's
In theory, best torque @ 12.5 AFR
best power @13 AFR

In my car for example I gain 2rwhp between 12.6 AFR and 13.
13 AFR is for my bragging internet dyno sheet
12.6 is for real life and road races

You have to tune the MAF table and VE table to match the commanded afr and the real AFR. (ie 14.63 AFR in closed loop)

Then there is a PE table (Power Enrichissement table) to adjust WOT setting (ie 14.63 / the PE table value for a rpm range). You can play with the PE table to trick the wot value. That what is about the predator and the bad/in-a-hurry tuners. (aka PE rapping)

With PE rapping you can have a good WOT dyno ... but transitions will suck and are potentially dangerous for the engine
Old 07-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
A little more research on your end would likely have uncovered the fact that we offer our CMR tuning software, which is a full tuning suite allowing for full access to calibration data.
Is that a Diablo CMR tune or a Predator Handheld tune ?

I think the predator handheld is a great tool for minor bold on (intake/catback), everyone can use it, that's great !
But that's definitely a tool for pro tuners ...

Last week, I copy / paste a tune from my car. (same mod same year : 99 Corvette C5, ARH 1/3 -4 headers (with a wideband), borla catback, callayway honker intake, 28.8 injectors, 85mm MAF. I was 12.8 AFR @WOT ... and my friend 13.4 and 6 knock retard degree !!!) I don't trust canned tunes.

Last edited by Brice; 07-08-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Brice
In theory, best torque @ 12.5 AFR
best power @13 AFR

In my car for example I gain 2rwhp between 12.6 AFR and 13.
13 AFR is for my bragging internet dyno sheet
12.6 is for real life and road races

You have to tune the MAF table and VE table to match the commanded afr and the real AFR. (ie 14.63 AFR in closed loop)

Then there is a PE table (Power Enrichissement table) to adjust WOT setting (ie 14.63 / the PE table value for a rpm range). You can play with the PE table to trick the wot value. That what is about the predator and the bad/in-a-hurry tuners. (aka PE rapping)

With PE rapping you can have a good WOT dyno ... but transitions will suck and are potentially dangerous for the engine
Im guessing you missed my post, CMR allows full access to the VE, MAF and PE tables.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Im guessing you missed my post, CMR allows full access to the VE, MAF and PE tables.
I was looking at it on your website. I'm currently looking for a tool to tune Chrysler cars. I think I have to try it ! do you have demo/trial of your software ? Can I plug my wideband to it ? Can you scan with your CMR ?
Old 07-08-2010, 11:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Brice
I was looking at it on your website. I'm currently looking for a tool to tune Chrysler cars. I think I have to try it ! do you have demo/trial of your software ? Can I plug my wideband to it ? Can you scan with your CMR ?
The Chrysler software is available and works great.

The Trinity handheld has 2 analog inputs for logging a WB along with OBDII data, and we offer free logging software, check it out, there are a few sample logs in there:

Dataviewer
Old 11-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Just came back to this after posting... These a/f ratios is what the car liked. Yes, richer will sometimes yield a slight increase in peak torque and 13-13.5 will generally yield slightly more power.

The reason I posted the chart with 2 different smoothing levels was simply to show that it was not knocking. Yes, knock can be easily seen on dynojet charts assuming the smoothing is turned down and this is not knock in any way, shape, or form. The slight turbulence at 5.5k rpms is a flow restriction on the intake side. Basically there is not enough back pressure in relation to the amount of air in the intake side. A vavaram intake would remedy this for the most part by allowing more air in which in turns helps balance the relation between intake flow and exhaust flow.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What were the SAE numbers? Graphs are in STD.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:49 AM
Teching In

.....................Power - Torque
SAE/ our tune: 328.1334 - 336.4634
SAE/ base run: 268.1084 - 306.5048
Old 11-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Teching In

To Brice, it never hurts to ask before making assumptions. To tune a predator, we have 2 options since we are not Diablosport dealers. We can either tune this setup with HP Tuners or SCT since we are SCT dealers.

Once done, we can pull the tune off the ECU with the Diablosport so there would be no need for the customer to buy any other programmer.

If we tuned it with an SCT handheld then we would simply plug the Dsport unit in after tuning is complete on the SCT unit and then pull the final tune from the ECU. Then we would return the car back to stock with the SCT unit so we can use the SCT unit on another car. Then we would load the tune back through the Diablosport unit. I hope I didn't loose you there. In reality, we use HP Tuners on GM setups since it doesn't cost us anything at this point and the procedure would be the same as far as pulling the tune with a Diablosport unit, minus the whole revert back to stock thing.

Last edited by Spent; 11-23-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Quick Reply: C5 Corvette: LS1 w/ Bolt-ons (automatic) TDC Tuned