Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Fast 102 Results Dissapointed

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Tony but some dont listen! If someone was gonna buy a FAST 90 new then they would be the same price. FAST 90s were also $8-900 new (i think close to $1000 when they first came out if Im not mistaken) so if you get a better all around intake thats bigger at the same time then whats the deal? It can only be good. Its not cheap but it is what it is if you wanna squeeze max hp out of a setup. Whats the gripe, its too big? So it flows more than you need....GREAT. You can build on that. What do you guys want, a smaller intake for a few $ less thats not as well designed or has as much potential as the 102? Then stick with the LS6 and dont complain when you max it out. If youre on the market for a new intake and youre willing to spend the $ for the best one on the market then you cant go wrong with the FAST 102. Just stop installing them on stock cars and complain you dont get more power out of it, you wont, youre not even using the intake...duh.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Btw, an engine is a big air pump basically, so, how can can you have TOO MUCH AIR or too big an intake? Youd figure youd want the max air you can get to the engine, if it uses it then great, worst case you always have enough air to feed the engine. You can debate wether its wroth the $ but at the same time thats a personal opinion and based on a per setup basis. I dont think you can have too big an intake with todays modern computer controlled fuel injected cars.... IMO
Old 04-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

outside temps I thought really didn't matter do to the correction factory from air temp,humity and sofourth,...I have a friends car that made 368 uncorrected but really made 386 due to correction factory..my car made 481 on cold day in march but corrected was 462.A very good dyno in my area said if dyn was set correction numbers are close no matter temp and hum.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
I really wish fast would start making the 90/90 again. The 102mm is too much for us bolt on cars.
Well part of the reason I went with the 102 is later mods I dont have to shell out the money plus they were not making anymore 90 or 92 set ups..I got a good deal on the set up and I took it... I looks really good on the car. I just wished It would have made more power. I do understand the way a motor works and I knew it was going to be kind of over kill but I decided to put it on anyway due to me having to wait on a 90 or 92 set up that was 7-800 dollars and that I would not have to get it fixed due to cracking or that has been sanded down or painted or get the 102 for 900.00 I think most people would go that route. Plus say what you want to say if no one post up results like this no on would really know. Its kind of hard to take the makers point of view when they add an intake like this.

Quick Reply: Fast 102 Results Dissapointed