Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

FOLLOW UP....AFR 215 "Bullet" Track Day!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice power going on there.....

congrads.

but a slicks on, and you'll drop to 1.6x in 60ft on your C5

Baezi
Old 10-14-2010, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
IGotta correct one thing Steve. You are quoting the god gift air which was in neg da the night I broke and never found out what she did in clean air. My 126.72 mph run was in slightly worse air in yours, and I did let out before crossing the line as i had already been warned for running 11.70 and 11.6x. Milan sucks when the wrong person is deciding who can run and can't.
All I know is what you post. Your post .....https://ls1tech.com/forums/12175837-post73.html... when you went to Milan on 9-2-09, your best run of the day was 126.72mph; you didnt break that night and you didnt run 11.6 that night and you dont mention anything about letting out before the line. According to the dragtimes.com DA calculator, the DA was 1100ft at 8pm, 800ft at 9pm and 388ft at 10pm. SUBSTANTIALLY better air than my run. Doesnt really matter, again I dont think it would be very close at all. Your car just doesnt trap like a 540RWHP car, that's all.

Thanks again for the compliments guys. I gotta tell ya, this car is SO much fun to drive around town in traffic. Not only does it trap 129 plus on street tires in full street trim, but it idles so smoothly and drives around at low rpm so effortlessly. If it werent for the uncatted x-pipe and GHL exhaust, you wouldnt know what was under the hood. I gave Tony a clean sheet of paper to work with and he scribbled a bunch of crap on it, put in the oven, baked it for an hour and out came a real masterpiece. He built what I wanted, and really nailed the combo. Sucks winter is coming up so quickly!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssmith512
All I know is what you post. Your post .....https://ls1tech.com/forums/12175837-post73.html... when you went to Milan on 9-2-09, your best run of the day was 126.72mph; you didnt break that night and you didnt run 11.6 that night and you dont mention anything about letting out before the line. According to the dragtimes.com DA calculator, the DA was 1100ft at 8pm, 800ft at 9pm and 388ft at 10pm. SUBSTANTIALLY better air than my run. Doesnt really matter, again I dont think it would be very close at all. Your car just doesnt trap like a 540RWHP car, that's all.

Thanks again for the compliments guys. I gotta tell ya, this car is SO much fun to drive around town in traffic. Not only does it trap 129 plus on street tires in full street trim, but it idles so smoothly and drives around at low rpm so effortlessly. If it werent for the uncatted x-pipe and GHL exhaust, you wouldnt know what was under the hood. I gave Tony a clean sheet of paper to work with and he scribbled a bunch of crap on it, put in the oven, baked it for an hour and out came a real masterpiece. He built what I wanted, and really nailed the combo. Sucks winter is coming up so quickly!
Well Steve there is no complimenting you I see. Just enjoy your car. Maybe I can go to a real track that doesn't warn you when you are 3 tenths of a second from the limit. Oh well as previously stated its all water under the bridge. Call me when you hit 200 mph as that is what my car was built for, not quater miles ets, or traps. Pure topend. You will never see that kind of speed your advantage due to gearing at the track disappears on the street when we talk about what MY CAR WAS built for. Just had to throw that out there for busting my *****. You will see 10's as soon as you can accelerate the entire track vs back half only. How about me picking up 33+ mph on the back half? Not bad for a car that doesn't trap? Just goes to show I did let out about 100 feet. But no need to respond.

JUST ENJOY YOUR CAR and keep posting these awesome updates. Like Tony said you have 131+ as soon as you run a tire. A Drag radial should do it.

Hey Tony, Vitamin P ! LOL. Pm if you don't get it.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow lol why the pissing match/bench racing about 1/4 mile times when someone was just throwing out a comment that it would be a close race. why drag it out and try to say my 540 rwhp car is faster then yours. who really cares? every track can vary regardless of DA. some are slightly downhill some are slightly uphill some are flat.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
wow lol why the pissing match/bench racing about 1/4 mile times when someone was just throwing out a comment that it would be a close race. why drag it out and try to say my 540 rwhp car is faster then yours. who really cares? every track can vary regardless of DA. some are slightly downhill some are slightly uphill some are flat.
Cuz I gave steve a ton of **** LONG STORY don't ask. Too much back story. At any rate best wishes to steve. No breaks at the track. We'll keep our fingers crossed. That much power will find the weakest link eventually. When you road race are you going to be able to get some video? I'd love to see in car video/audio
Old 10-15-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

"I can't drive 55". It looks like you can't drive at any speed, but thats ok. Your car has the power to back you up. I get a laugh out of the dyno racers coming in to compare to your real time numbers. MPH = HP.
Once you getz some skilz maybe you can hook up a little and inc MPH and ET.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
"I can't drive 55". It looks like you can't drive at any speed, but thats ok. Your car has the power to back you up. I get a laugh out of the dyno racers coming in to compare to your real time numbers. MPH = HP.
Once you getz some skilz maybe you can hook up a little and inc MPH and ET.

That was a funny post.....but I think more of Steve's difficulty was the fact he rolled to the track with a 620 HP engine and a set of 19" (250 treadwear) rubber ice skates! I don't care how much "skilz" you got, piloting that much power on that type of tire is a pretty futile experience.

The cooler weather is coming....Steve's curiosity will likely get the better of him (I hope!) and maybe he can borrow some sticky tires from someone. I would really like to see a low/mid 130's trap from this car....we know it's there. I really could care less about the ET he runs because even with sticky tires it wont be great....that takes alot of practice (skilz!) and you need to get real aggressive with these cars to cut an ET thats even remotely in line with the trap speed they run....especially in a six speed car.

-Tony
Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

Doug and Steve should just get together and settle this man to man,just like an old west shootout. We all know that Indiana and Michigan aren't all that far apart...so find a drag strip that's approximately half way and shoot it out for bragging rights. Just slap some good rubber (Hoosier DR's) on both of those babies and go to it. Both drivers have little drag racing experience so the driver factor should be a wash...only bad thing is that one of their large ego's will be crushed...so you can bet your *** it will never happen...but I sure would like to see it!! Isn't keyboard racing just a gas!!

Oh yeah,hypothetical assumptions (should a...would a...could a) doesn't mean a damn thing in real world drag racing. Run the numbers (ET & MPH) and then that's what you and your car have actually been able to achieved to date. Dispersed energy (power) is not applied energy (power) so until you can put the hp/tq to the ground the dyno numbers only represent hypothetical performance results.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 891 Likes on 634 Posts

I think there is only one with an ego here. Doug is staying cool as the other side of a pillow. (I never thought I'd say that)

I agree, there's a lot more to it than just power to win a race.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I think there is only one with an ego here. Doug is staying cool as the other side of a pillow. (I never thought I'd say that)

I agree, there's a lot more to it than just power to win a race.
Well thanks, but in Steves defense I did give him a ton of **** and I guess he is still venting. Let him vent. I'm cool with it. Neither Steve's nor my car was built for quarter mile racing. I do mine on the street or well uh the streets of mexico lol. Steve wants to do road racing. I respect his skills, better driver then me. I would however like to see that thing pushed up top. 200 mph is one of the biggest rushes you can experience.

Enjoy your car Steve and I am happy for ya! Thanks again for the nice preliminary numbers for track performance. We all know with a tire and some practice she has a lot more in her. ZO6 gearing in the trans will only help once you get traction. Good luck and no breakages.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:29 PM
9 Second Club

I run a 295/60r 16 cooper street tire and ran 11.23 with an automatic 5000 stall, 1.73 60'. A guy that runs vamp took the same tires and ran 10.4 on a lsx 454 motor. 1.50 60'. This is a true street radial not a drag radial.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Well thanks, but in Steves defense I did give him a ton of **** and I guess he is still venting. Let him vent. I'm cool with it. Neither Steve's nor my car was built for quarter mile racing. I do mine on the street or well uh the streets of mexico lol. Steve wants to do road racing. I respect his skills, better driver then me. I would however like to see that thing pushed up top. 200 mph is one of the biggest rushes you can experience.

Enjoy your car Steve and I am happy for ya! Thanks again for the nice preliminary numbers for track performance. We all know with a tire and some practice she has a lot more in her. ZO6 gearing in the trans will only help once you get traction. Good luck and no breakages.
Well 200 mph on a speedometer is more like 189 mph in reality. Did you ever watch battle of the super cars? If not then you should give it a look...you'll see how large of a discrepancy that exists when speedometer speeds are compared to the far more accurate electronic instrumentation used. So unless you've actually run in a sanctioned event with electronic timers,then I doubt seriously if your car ever saw 200 mph...much easier said than done sir.!! So what was your car actually built for then...key board racing or what??
Old 10-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by david vericker
Well 200 mph on a speedometer is more like 189 mph in reality. Did you ever watch battle of the super cars? If not then you should give it a look...you'll see how large of a discrepancy that exists when speedometer speeds are compared to the far more accurate electronic instrumentation used. So unless you've actually run in a sanctioned event with electronic timers,then I doubt seriously if your car ever saw 200 mph...much easier said than done sir.!! So what was your car actually built for then...key board racing or what??
Oh snap!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Oh snap!
Do the math smart guy, 6700+ rpms in 5th mn6 trans Michelin 295 35r 18 3.42 gear. With that being said, stick to commending or ******* Steve.

I will commend Steve, road race built car, took it down the quarter, and did quite well. Good job Steve !
Old 10-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do the math smart guy, 6700+ rpms in 5th mn6 trans Michelin 295 35r 18 3.42 gear. With that being said, stick to commending or ******* Steve.
I just got served?
Old 10-22-2010, 04:57 AM
TECH Regular

I will commend Steve, road race built car, took it down the quarter, and did quite well. Good job Steve !
Doug,I was just pulling your chain. What's this world coming to when you can't even goat two guy's into a good old fashion grudge race. It sure is difficult trying to promote some excitement around here. Oh well,guess I'll just take my ball and go home.

In all seriousness the 200 mph barrier is not a easy goal to achieve. Doing the math is not a viable 200 mph goal achievement...to many variables to be considered during a run. To say that you have actually achieved a particular numerical goal in any form of racing a official time must be recorded. May it be ET,MPH,BRAKING distance,or LAP times just to name a few. Without a electrically timed record your claim or anyone else's claim for that matter is just a assumption that carries no factual merit. If you think that I'm just blowing smoke,then enter a top speed event. The odds on you actually hitting that 200 mph barrier is slim...so prove me wrong. See ya!!

Last edited by david vericker; 10-22-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Doug,I was just pulling your chain. What's this world coming to when you can't even goat two guy's into a good old fashion grudge race. It sure is difficult trying to promote some excitement around here. Oh well,guess I'll just take my ball and go home.

In all seriousness the 200 mph barrier is not a easy goal to achieve. Doing the math is not a viable 200 mph goal achievement...to many variables to be considered during a run. To say that you have actually achieved a particular numerical goal in any form of racing a official time must be recorded. May it be ET,MPH,BRAKING distance,or LAP times just to name a few. Without a electrically timed record your claim or anyone else's claim for that matter is just a assumption that carries no factual merit. If you think that I'm just blowing smoke,then enter a top speed event. The odds on you actually hitting that 200 mph barrier is slim...so prove me wrong. See ya!!
I suppose the aftermarket GPS unit was wrong too? (My passenger was freaking out as she saw the speed go higher then she had ever been) The world is flat and the list goes on. I'd love to race Steve for fun. Not sure what would happen but it would be fun. My ego has been packed away in my gym bag. I plan on leaving it there.

Now can we get back to Steves great thread.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

how can you dispute math? What variables? The only thing that could be inaccurate would be the tire size at the speed, they may grow slightly. However that would only mean he would be going even faster. You dont need electronics to know how fast your going. The speedo can be set to be as accurate as anything also, just need to have accurate actual tire measurements (could vary from advertised size) for the computer. Just like anything with computers, garbage in garbage out. Lastly any cheap gps unit can verify the top speed.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:18 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I suppose the aftermarket GPS unit was wrong too? (My passenger was freaking out as she saw the speed go higher then she had ever been) The world is flat and the list goes on. I'd love to race Steve for fun. Not sure what would happen but it would be fun. My ego has been packed away in my gym bag. I plan on leaving it there.

Now can we get back to Steves great thread.
Where's the video of the run with the GPS?...LOL Not saying your car couldn't do it but its going to take some distance to get it there. I bet it took well over a mile to achieve 200 which is real safe to try on a public road.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:26 AM
10 Second Club

129 is good for a 400+ ci combo? I went 128+ in my Z06 with only 7 passes of seat time on my 346 TFS HC combo

Quick Reply: FOLLOW UP....AFR 215 "Bullet" Track Day!!