Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Advanced Induction 416 ci, HR, L92, Vic Jr - 714hp *NA*

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
David,

You may be right about this issue being ignition. On most of those passes I had the limiter set at 7800 to 8k and I wasn't near that rpm limit. The timing is on the low end (very low on the strap before the turn).

I didn't really change anything with the carb from the dyno. It was identical jetting and tuning. My only variables were the input fuel pressure and/or volume compared to the dyno cell.

After measuring the vacuum at idle, I found that my powervalve in the carb was too big (4.5) and Prosystems recommended I remove it and square jet the carb. I haven't had a chance to test this setting yet. I've got a ton of testing to do and plan to take it to the dyno to iron these issues out. I plan to try some ignition changes while I'm on the dyno.

What kind of max timing are you running with your setup?

-Sean
Another possibility is an unsuspected bad ship, triggering low.. I think the most cost effective thing would be to take the car to a chassis dyno, and tune it there first, Oh, and by the way, don't pass up your first opportunity to try a dominator carb on that car. In any event, i wish you the best in the year to come, and i know you'll get it rite soon, good luck, and enjoy, that nice crazy pony, David.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Is it me or does it seem the carb motors are making more power ?

Quick Reply: Advanced Induction 416 ci, HR, L92, Vic Jr - 714hp *NA*