Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

LS3 Shortblock, AFR 225, StreetSweeper, FAST 102....I dont need no stinkin stroker!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ctd
How difficult was that 102 TB to tune in?

Driveability under 1800rpm, light load & low rpm?

Idle & return to idle characterisctics?

Sorry for the many questions, I'm considering something like you've got going. /Tx's

Sounds like a fun ride!

Is this the cam?

The popular "StreetSweeper" Camshaft
Specs: 236*-240*-111*-.630"-.610"

I personally didnt tune it but there were no issues with it. Took about 4-5 hours to get it to where its at. There is more room for improvement and I will get a detailed tune on it once I get a few thousand miles on it.

Driveability is not an issue at all. There are no drawbacks to a throttle body this big. At least not on my setup. I can just tap the trottle ever so slightly and it responds instantly. I can be cruising along and tap it and there is zero hesitation or any kind of stumble. No idle issues. Car starts up just fine. The issues that you may see where the car stambles off idle or at low RPMs is when the throttle body size doesnt match the intake size. The air tumbles, especailly at low velocity, where you have this step and it creates issues during light throttle and low RPM.

That is the cam that I have. Doesnt buck at low RPM which is what I was looking for. I can cruise around at 1100 RPM with no surging.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony soprano
Contrary to the intarweb legend that most 224+ cammed LS3s put down 500+whp - as I type this there's a 231/231 112 cammed LS3 two posts below yours that made 470whp. I'm sure given enough time, the legend will evolve that factory cammed LS3s are making 500+whp. Congrats on what looks to be a very clean build and I'm sure you'll find some more hp going forward.
To Oh4GTO: The version of the street sweeper you have is this?
The popular "StreetSweeper" Camshaft
Specs: 236*-240*-111*-.630"-.610"
if so very interesting....

Anthony i am not being synical when I say this but since you brought it up, we can look at the 2 intelligently..... This is a blog board to dicuss techinical information, but now I see why certain guys do not post anymore....

First, the cam in the other thread is not 231/231 112 LSA....the correct information is 231/236 112 LSA.....

As I have always stated whether cathedral or square, camshaft events/lobe characteristics, must be selected properly to make either work or reach optimal efficiency.....

regardless who is doing the test, a LS3 package with 9.50* of overlap could be a limiting factor(most know this), also talking on 112 LSA which will also be a limiting factor of where max cylinder pressure would be reached..... You must have a complete understanding of the functionality of whats going on in correlation to cylinder fill.... I know a few weeks ago you were thirsty for knowledge but reading a few internet dynos will not give you a comprehensive understanding or qualitatively correlate a educated guess of what is true .... I can look at certain variables of most combinations and the story will be presented.....

Now Athony this is a good lesson of how camshaft timing plays a roll.... If you look at the two you can see the difference in LSA a 111 vs 112.... Now this is a general overvue but you noticed the 111 peaked earlier than the 112? Now some might say well the exhaust duration splits are different but one has a split of 4 the other 5 which is 1* is minimal.....

A.the 6.2/AFR hit 400lbs rwtq at 3200 rpms
B.the 6.2/LS3 hit 400lbs rwtq at 3500 rpms

This is not due to smaller port equals more velocity theory.... You have less LSA combined with more intake duration, combined with more compression.... So there are a lot of different things going on..... But the amazing thing is how close it is... Most will try to say that the smaller port theory is coming into play here, and making more torque, but actually its not....

To compensate for the lost low end with longer duration cams, the basic principle or rule of thumb to regain the low-mid range torque is to raise the compression....

And with cathedrals you have to run longer intake duration typically to hold the intake valve open longer to fill the cylinder during the induction stroke, plus time to complete the transition form exhaust to induction stroke or efficiently excuvate the exhaust gases at higher rpms... It needs more time to fill the cylinder to a desired point or higher power producing level at higher rpms..... so you see 236+ intake durations in order here....

now A. is on a 111, we know that the cathedrals/valve can accept a little more overlap and its not a major restriction.... plus the A. setup has more intake duration...... plus 11.5 compression.....

Now you add up:
AFR 225s milled to 59cc (roughly 11.5:1)
Mototron 60# injectors (flow matched)
FAST 102 mm
Nick Williams 102 mm throttle body
2004 Corsa Sport
Custom Intake(ported)
Powerbond UDP
Monster Lvl II with billet flywheel
GZ Motorsports vacuum pump

The combination of these extra parts should produce what it did or even more...... Good run..... Not taking anything away from it....... But these mods 5hp here, 10 hp there will add up to produce more power.... You have over 10 upgrades that should yeild more power or the power it did make....

Now look at B. 112 LSA, 231 (less intake duration), Stock Heads/Intake Manifold/TB/injectors........ No UD pulley, and 9.50* of overlap..... 10.7 compression..... No portwork, no lightweight flywheel, no 102 ported intake,no 102mm TB.....

No one is hating here,No one is saying one is better than the other, but only discussing the functionality is going on.... In this case Athony, your not comparing apples to apples...... When looking at cost, its up to the consumer to rationalize whether the cost is worth it in correlation to their budget......

If you don't educate yourself whether through actual expeirence or reading, you will always be a customer......

Bozz

Last edited by bozzhawg; 10-26-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Specs on the oil system...
Old 10-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would look at making a custom CAI, to lower IATs a bit, maybe that will help a bit.

I'm curious where you got the engine from though? Did you buy it from a sponsor? Been looking for an LS3 for a while.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The oiling system is using a Melling pump. Also have a cooler installed but its not hooked up yet.

As for the intake I see no reason to change anything. It was within 10 degrees of ambient. Im not going to go crazy to try to lower it more. I personally dont care what the IAT's are when Im in traffic. And when the car is moving the slit in the hood is providing plenty of air over the intake.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh4GTO
The oiling system is using a Melling pump. Also have a cooler installed but its not hooked up yet.
Whats the pump connected to your filler cap...
Old 10-26-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bozzhawg
To Oh4GTO: The version of the street sweeper you have is this?

if so very interesting....

Anthony i am not being synical when I say this but since you brought it up, we can look at the 2 intelligently..... This is a blog board to dicuss techinical information, but now I see why certain guys do not post anymore....

First, the cam in the other thread is not 231/231 112 LSA....the correct information is 231/236 112 LSA.....

As I have always stated whether cathedral or square, camshaft events/lobe characteristics, must be selected properly to make either work or reach optimal efficiency.....

regardless who is doing the test, a LS3 package with 9.50* of overlap could be a limiting factor(most know this), also talking on 112 LSA which will also be a limiting factor of where max cylinder pressure would be reached..... You must have a complete understanding of the functionality of whats going on in correlation to cylinder fill.... I know a few weeks ago you were thirsty for knowledge but reading a few internet dynos will not give you a comprehensive understanding or qualitatively correlate a educated guess of what is true .... I can look at certain variables of most combinations and the story will be presented.....

Now Athony this is a good lesson of how camshaft timing plays a roll.... If you look at the two you can see the difference in LSA a 111 vs 112.... Now this is a general overvue but you noticed the 111 peaked earlier than the 112? Now some might say well the exhaust duration splits are different but one has a split of 4 the other 5 which is 1* is minimal.....

A.the 6.2/AFR hit 400lbs rwtq at 3200 rpms
B.the 6.2/LS3 hit 400lbs rwtq at 3500 rpms

This is not due to smaller port equals more velocity theory.... You have less LSA combined with more intake duration, combined with more compression.... So there are a lot of different things going on..... But the amazing thing is how close it is... Most will try to say that the smaller port theory is coming into play here, and making more torque, but actually its not....

To compensate for the lost low end with longer duration cams, the basic principle or rule of thumb to regain the low-mid range torque is to raise the compression....

And with cathedrals you have to run longer intake duration typically to hold the intake valve open longer to fill the cylinder during the induction stroke, plus time to complete the transition form exhaust to induction stroke or efficiently excuvate the exhaust gases at higher rpms... It needs more time to fill the cylinder to a desired point or higher power producing level at higher rpms..... so you see 236+ intake durations in order here....

now A. is on a 111, we know that the cathedrals/valve can accept a little more overlap and its not a major restriction.... plus the A. setup has more intake duration...... plus 11.5 compression.....

Now you add up:
AFR 225s milled to 59cc (roughly 11.5:1)
Mototron 60# injectors (flow matched)
FAST 102 mm
Nick Williams 102 mm throttle body
2004 Corsa Sport
Custom Intake(ported)
Powerbond UDP
Monster Lvl II with billet flywheel
GZ Motorsports vacuum pump

The combination of these extra parts should produce what it did or even more...... Good run..... Not taking anything away from it....... But these mods 5hp here, 10 hp there will add up to produce more power.... You have over 10 upgrades that should yeild more power or the power it did make....

Now look at B. 112 LSA, 231 (less intake duration), Stock Heads/Intake Manifold/TB/injectors........ No UD pulley, and 9.50* of overlap..... 10.7 compression..... No portwork, no lightweight flywheel, no 102 ported intake,no 102mm TB.....

No one is hating here,No one is saying one is better than the other, but only discussing the functionality is going on.... In this case Athony, your not comparing apples to apples...... When looking at cost, its up to the consumer to rationalize whether the cost is worth it in correlation to their budget......

If you don't educate yourself whether through actual expeirence or reading, you will always be a customer......

Bozz
I just looked at the other thread and I dont see the point you are trying to make. For one he is running 1 7/8 headers. I have 1 3/4. He would at a minimum need to port his heads and the intake to get to 500. All of that starts adding up in price. Hes just fortunate that he already has the LS3 heads so there is money saved there.

Everyone knows the last few HP become harder and harder to make. Also I dont know how his car drives, how the throttle responds, etc. There are so many things about a setup other than the final numbers. I look at everything which includes driveability. I am not knocking on his setup but now that I see it you conveniantly left out the header portion to make your agument. Dont tell me they dont make a difference because they do.

But like I said before I wasnt trying to squeeze every last HP out of the engine. I also bought the current parts because they will work great when i go with more cubes. I could just transfer over my high priced top end. Also I can get mreo money back for the AFR heads because I got em for a good price so I dont consider that money wasted. Porteing stock heads without being absolutely sure you are going to keep them forever is money wasted.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
Whats the pump connected to your filler cap...
Thats the GZ Motorsports vaccum pump. Pulls air out of the system. Prevents oil getting into the intake. Also helps in ring seal to reduce blow-by.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oh4GTO
I just looked at the other thread and I dont see the point you are trying to make. For one he is running 1 7/8 headers. I have 1 3/4. He would at a minimum need to port his heads and the intake to get to 500. All of that starts adding up in price. Hes just fortunate that he already has the LS3 heads so there is money saved there.

Everyone knows the last few HP become harder and harder to make. Also I dont know how his car drives, how the throttle responds, etc. There are so many things about a setup other than the final numbers. I look at everything which includes driveability. I am not knocking on his setup but now that I see it you conveniantly left out the header portion to make your agument. Dont tell me they dont make a difference because they do.

But like I said before I wasnt trying to squeeze every last HP out of the engine. I also bought the current parts because they will work great when i go with more cubes. I could just transfer over my high priced top end. Also I can get mreo money back for the AFR heads because I got em for a good price so I dont consider that money wasted. Porteing stock heads without being absolutely sure you are going to keep them forever is money wasted.
That wasn't for you..... I was responding to Anthony.... Was not a measurement or whether or not who or which made more power competition, just a look at the combos since he brought the 2 up.... now we can even add the 1 3/4 headers in to the equation......

Bozz

Last edited by bozzhawg; 10-26-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got it. Sorry.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

No one is hating here,No one is saying one is better than the other, but only discussing the functionality is going on.... In this case Athony, your not comparing apples to apples......
The intent wasn't so much to make a comparison between the two as it was to call in to question the accuracy of your earlier comment in this thread -
Actually most LS3 combos above 224 intake durations have put down 500rwhp/450rwtq+
That statement is misleading if not outright nonsense. It generally takes something on the order of mid 230s intake - 240s exhaust duration to get an LS3 to 500rwhp. I pointed out the 231/236 112 example making 470rwhp to illustrate how inflated the L92 numbers are that you routinely throw around. We had the required above 224 intake duration, where's the resulting 500rwhp that most those combos make? For someone so intent on exposing vendors for what you perceive as marketing hype, you tend to play loose and fast with numbers.

In the square port heads vs. cathedral port heads thread you threw out the following numbers -
On 6.0's Most L92 combos 220-230 intake durations put down 450-490rwhp. Now try that with most cathedral port heads, we know they need more duration right? 230-240's+
If you look in the LS1GT0 thread that I've referenced before because of the sheer number of L92 swaps, none of them made 490rwhp. The highest two are 485 and 486 at 230+ intake durations. But as long as we're looking at the outliers, let's look at the lowest two as well - they did 426 and 428 (ignoring the example that did 415 with the stock cam). If you look at all the swaps, most (fully 50%) made 45x - 46x rwhp. BTW, at least two GTO owners did "try that" with cathedral heads and made more power with ported 243s than all the L92 swaps. And they did it with similar cam timing as the L92s. Oops.
When looking at cost, its up to the consumer to rationalize whether the cost is worth it in correlation to their budget......
No argument there. I agree 100%. That's why it gets kind of tiresome to see someone post up a cathedral combination that puts down respectable numbers and have to wade through X number of posts insisting the same numbers could have been made with L92s.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

That list on LS1gto are LS2/L92 combos, here we are talking about LS3's which are two different displacments and combos...

So you cannot make that comparison, why would anyone compare a LS2 to LS3? or LS1 to LS2?
Try reading it again, genius. I wasn't comparing the LS2 to LS3 numbers. I was pointing out your propensity to inflate L92 results for just about every application you spout off about. That would include both LS2 and LS3 applications.
Do some more actual wrenching and internet reading kid before you speak...... Did you ever figure out which way the crank turns?

The conversation went over your head.....

a waste of time..... I now understand why UD and others don't post, too many internet mechanics, who don't even know how to turn a crank properly....

Bozz
Try reading that again too. I wasn't trying to turn the crank. I was adjusting the lifter preload. You do know what that is right? Let me guess, L92 heads set their own lifter peload too!

Talk about drinking the Kool-Aid.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Last edited by bozzhawg; 10-27-2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: a waste of bandwidth speaking with sorprano... internet mechanic
Old 10-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Staging Lane

Enough said........
Yes, enough said to demonstrate you're clueless. What does this -
I'm sorry guys, I've searched as best I can and I can't find a definitive answer. Looking at the motor from the front, does the crank pulley rotate clockwise, or counter-clockwise?

I'm setting lifter pre-load and running through the valves in their firing order.
...have to do with this? -
I now understand why UD and others don't post, too many internet mechanics, who don't even know how to turn a crank properly....
Tell me, what does setting lifter preload have to do with turning a crank properly? Even with the mention of running through the valves in their firing order, you think I'm asking "how to turn a crank properly"? Pure genius.
Have you done any actual test? If so prove it and do not use any one elses internet dyno numbers, use your own emperical test on your dyno or track.......

Sounds like you are speaking with no actual experience but only talking about articles and dynos you have read off the internet aka internet mechanic..... You never speak about the actual function or physics of an engine..... But show the proof?

Bozz
I think you've missed the intent of my posts in this thread. There aren't any empirical tests or physics needed to demonstrate that you consistently inflate L92 results. And in case you missed it, I did show my proof -
On 6.0's Most L92 combos 220-230 intake durations put down 450-490rwhp. Now try that with most cathedral port heads, we know they need more duration right? 230-240's+
Bullshit. Most 6.0 L92 220-230 intake duration combos make 45x - 46x rwhp.
Actually most LS3 combos above 224 intake durations have put down 500rwhp/450rwtq+
More bullshit. Most 500 rwhp LS3s are running mid 230s intake duration. LS3s running anything approximating 224 intake duration are putting down substantially less than 500 rwhp.

Now, who exactly is the one dispensing Kool-Aid in this forum?
Old 10-27-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 10-27-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you've missed the intent of my posts in this thread.
You have missed the entire point of this and other threads, you are trying to create some battle or competition between cathderals or square ports, but your primative view and small horizon could not see that this was not about a competition between cathedrals vs square ports, I was stating that the L92 heads are not as bad as marketed... but your primative, barbaric, unsynthezizing mental issue only see a A vs B and that was clearly not the intent...... If all you took and were able to process out of all the information discussed over the past few weeks was a cathedral vs square port competition, then it speaks volumes of your cognitive level of processing information and very premature.... Your comments are impotent...... And you sound like a troll ID or alter ego for another member here..... Ventriloquism

There aren't any empirical tests or physics needed to demonstrate that you consistently inflate L92 results.
You cannot even explain or understand the relationship between the cylinder,exhaust,heads,intake, etc....

Most 6.0 L92 220-230 intake duration combos make 45x - 46x rwhp. More bullshit.
Now lets see how much of a copy cat this guy is, 99aggie and Pat G made this comment below, and now he is regurgetating this all over the board.... Here is what 99Aggie said:
Originally Posted by 98Aggie
Most cam swaped L92 headed 6.0L G8 only put down 450-460rwhp. With all the goodies (Fast 102, etc, etc, etc).
But 99Aggie was talking about on their Mustang dyno in G8's that they have done...... The real focus here is how Soprano does not have a clue, with no technical information to back his juvenilish behavior.... He is only reciting what someone else told him..... practicing an art of Ventriloquism......

But since you have a hardtime believing let me take you to school son:
RWHP..SPLIT.......CAM.................OVERLAP
486/435 6 232/238 .595/.605 114 ......7
485/439 3 231/234 .643/.598 111......10.50
485/445 9 227/236 .630/.605 113.......5.5
484/436 8 227/235 .614/.621 114........3
482/435 4 230/234 .612/,598 114...... 4
479/430 4 232/236 .600/.600 113 .......8
479/437 8 224/232 .625/.625 113........2
478/425 6 224/230 .609/.612..114.......?
477/462 6 224/230 .581/.591 114 ......-1
475/425 6 224/230 .581/.591 114.......-1
469/420 8 227/235 .614/.621 114........3
468/439 13 216/229 .561/.562 113.......-3.50
462/420 8 227/235 .639/.621 114 .......3
461/421 11 234/245 .641/.607 111........17.50
460/446 8 223/231 .610/.617 113........1
459/436 2 222/224 .566/.568 112.......-1
458/430 12 228/240 .610/.612 115........4
456/427 12 228/240 .610/.612 115........4
452/419 16 224/240 .588/.591 ...?........?
452/412 16 228/244 .615/.615 115........6
451/403 4 232/236 .600/.600 113........8
450/400 2 228/230 .588/.591 ..?.........?
446/404 12 228/240 .611/.610...?.........?
438/405 4 228/232 .612/.600 111........8
438/403 4 232/236 .600/.600 113........8

Now you show me several of your fuzzy math heads put down 470-480 with a 224 intake duration cam on a 6.0.... If a 6.0/L92 can produce this, how can you not understand how with more displacement and better shrouding, a 224-230 cam could not produce 490-500rwhp?

The L92 makes ~10% more torque than the cathedral head LQ9. The L92 also has the benefit of more cam (both lift & duration), more compression, variable valve timing, and a host of other variables that aren't being accounted for; improvements in exhaust, intake, tune, etc. Has anyone determined how much of that 10% torque bump was a result of the square ports vs. the other variables?
Now this one takes the cake, he is comparing a L92 vs a LQ9 then ask about what variables separate the two....lol LQ9= 364ci....... L92= 376 12 more cubes son.... Do some research of what happens when you increase displacement....... Proof here that he is trying to create some war but at the same time doesn't know that the two motors have different displacements.....

Most 500 rwhp LS3s are running mid 230s intake duration.
Proof? LS3 still have PTVC issues with more duration, so running upper mid 230's+ would still be an issue? Do you know what the valve drop of a LS3 is? Have you even measured let alone driven a LS3? Installed a cam in a LS3? No so your voice or view is irrelevent and your just talking out of your azz.... You run a mid 230 or higher cam if you want to on a stock LS3.....and please show us the grenade you built aftermath...... I m sure fly cutting is over your head.....

Now, who exactly is the one dispensing Kool-Aid in this forum?
Son you have drank the kool-aid and are a walking zombie....

I have never ,ever said cathedral ports where trash, I have only said the L92's are not as bad as they proclaim... So ask yourself if a man will distort info to make his product look superior vs a man that says ok, that product is good, but this product is not that bad either.... Who do you believe?

You go with whatever is popular here or advertised, one minute your were I want 5.3's, then you say you bought L92's but you got them bare, then after a influx of AFR post surface here lately now your on their nutz....

Make up your mind? You are like a Ventriloquist, talking with someone elses hand up your culo......

Ventriloquist:
Ventriloquism, or ventriloquy, is an act of stagecraft in which a person (a ventriloquist) manipulates his or her voice so that it appears that the voice is coming from elsewhere, usually a puppeteered "dummy". The act of ventriloquism is ventriloquizing, and the ability to do so is commonly called in English the ability to "throw" one's voice. However, the term "throwing one's voice" is misleading, because it implies that a sound's physical origin has changed, when really the change has been perceptual and not physical.

I am not angry with you, I really feel sorry for you... Its like watching a teenage girl go down the wrong path in life and end up on a stripper pole....

I will ignore you from now on, due to lack of substance.... not worth my time....
Its like arguing with an autistic child.....

Bozz

Last edited by bozzhawg; 10-27-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

You have missed the entire point of this and other threads, you are trying to create some battle or competition between cathderals or square ports, but your primative view and small horizon could not see that this was not about a competition between cathedrals vs square ports, I was stating that the L92 heads are not as bad as marketed... but your primative, barbaric, unsysthezizing mental issue only see a A vs B and that was clearly not the intent...... If all you took and were able to process out of all the information discussed over the past few weeks was a cathedral vs square port competition, then it speaks volumes of your cognitive level of processing information and very premature.... Your comments are impotent...... And you sound like a troll ID or alter ego for another member here..... Ventriloquism
You sound like a moron with a bad thesaurus. If you're trying to impress someone with your vocabulary you may want to turn on your spell check. Correctly spelling those ten dollar words you're throwing might help a little bit.
You cannot even explain or understand the relationship between the cylinder,exhaust,heads,intake, etc....
I understand their relationship just fine, thanks. However, it doesn't have anything to with your consistent spouting of inflated L92 results now does it?
Now lets see how much of a copy cat this guy is, 99aggie and Pat G made this comment below, and now he is regurgetating this all over the board.... Here is what 99Aggie said:
Copy cat? What are you, nine years old?
But 99Aggie was talking about on their Mustang dyno in G8's that they have done...... The real focus here is how Soprano does not have a clue, with no technical information to back his juvenilish behavior.... He is only reciting what someone else told him..... practicing an are of Ventriloquism......

But since you have a hardtime believing let me take you to school son:
RWHP..SPLIT.......CAM.................OVERLAP
486/435 6 232/238 .595/.605 114 ......7
485/439 3 231/234 .643/.598 111......10.50
485/445 9 227/236 .630/.605 113.......5.5
484/436 8 227/235 .614/.621 114........3
482/435 4 230/234 .612/,598 114...... 4
479/430 4 232/236 .600/.600 113 .......8
479/437 8 224/232 .625/.625 113........2
478/425 6 224/230 .609/.612..114.......?
477/462 6 224/230 .581/.591 114 ......-1
475/425 6 224/230 .581/.591 114.......-1
469/420 8 227/235 .614/.621 114........3
468/439 13 216/229 .561/.562 113.......-3.50
462/420 8 227/235 .639/.621 114 .......3
461/421 11 234/245 .641/.607 111........17.50
460/446 8 223/231 .610/.617 113........1
459/436 2 222/224 .566/.568 112.......-1
458/430 12 228/240 .610/.612 115........4
456/427 12 228/240 .610/.612 115........4
452/419 16 224/240 .588/.591 ...?........?
452/412 16 228/244 .615/.615 115........6
451/403 4 232/236 .600/.600 113........8
450/400 2 228/230 .588/.591 ..?.........?
446/404 12 228/240 .611/.610...?.........?
438/405 4 228/232 .612/.600 111........8
438/403 4 232/236 .600/.600 113........8
Oh no, I've been taken to school. So, let's use the numbers you've provided above. Even though you left out the 415 rwhp example, 60% of 6.0 L92 swaps made 45x - 46x rwhp...or less. 60% in my book is *most*. BTW, at least two of the 450+ example above have never posted their dyno graphs. I know because I've looked for them. If you toss out those examples the results become even more skewed to the downside. And where are all those 490 rwhp results? I can't find them. That makes this statement inflated bullshit -
Now you show me several of your fuzzy math heads put down 470-480 with a 224 intake duration cam on a 6.0....
Until they establish the NHRA Small Cam Nationals, why do I care about limiting my intake duration to 224*? Patrick G made more power than all the examples you've posted above with less camshaft than the top two L92 results...and he did it through an auto. One of the two AI ported 243 examples I've referred to before made more power than all the above examples with a 232/236 cam...again through an auto. Looks like very similar cam timing to the higher numbers above to me. Oops.
If a 6.0/L92 can produce this, how can you not understand how with more displacement and better shrouding, a 224-230 cam could not produce 490-500rwhp?
Could? Could? But I thought *most* of them were already were doing so? Or were you just pulling more inflated numbers out of your prolific ***?
Can you link to any of these 224ish intake duration LS3s putting down 500rwhp? Should be pretty easy. I mean *most* of them are doing it, right?
Now this one takes the cake, he is comparing a L92 vs a LQ9 then ask about what variables separate the two....lol LQ9= 364ci....... L92= 376 12 more cubes son.... Do some research of what happens when you increase displacement....... Proof here that he is trying to create some war but at the same time doesn't know that the two motors have different displacements.....
You are, ummm, not so bright. If you'll look at that passage of mine that your quoting, I've just quoted the guy that pointed out that the L92 was 3% larger yet made 12% more torque. He was suggesting the disproportionate increase in torque was because of the heads. I pointed out that the L92 had the benefit of many more changes than a 3% displacement increase and L92 heads. You really need to try and read a little more closely.
Proof? LS3 still have PTVC issues with more duration, so running upper mid 230's+ would still be an issue? Do you know what the valve drop of a LS3 is? Have you even measured let alone driven a LS3? Installed a cam in a LS3? No so your voice or view is irrelevent and your just talking out of your azz.... You run a mid 230 or higher cam if you want to on a stock LS3.....and please show us the grenade you built aftermath...... I m sure fly cutting is over your head.....
WTF are you babbling about? Are you suggesting that no one's put at mid-230ish cam in a LS3?
Son you have drank the kool-aid and are walking zombie....

I have never ,ever said cathedral ports where trash, I have only said the L92's are not as bad as they proclaim... So ask yourself if a man will distort info to make his product look superior vs a man that says ok, that product is good, but this product is not that bad either.... Who do you believe?
Well, I certainly know better than to believe the inflated L92 bullshit that you continually sling.
You go with whatever is popular here or advertised, one minute your were I want 5.3's, then you say you bought L92's but you got them bare, then after a influx of AFR post surface here lately now your on their nutz....
One minute? Try over the course of years, doofus. Have you happened to notice how old the posts are of mine that you're looking at? I have a set of TEA 5.3s on my FRC. I also have a set of 243s and L92s sitting in boxes in the garage. Yeah, I'm all over AFRs. I'm sure if anyone looked at my entire short posting history they'd see far more mentions of AI heads than any other vendor. Wait, I'm an AFR shill!!!
Make up your mind? You are like a Ventriloquist, talking with someone elses hand up your culo......

Ventriloquist:
Ventriloquism, or ventriloquy, is an act of stagecraft in which a person (a ventriloquist) manipulates his or her voice so that it appears that the voice is coming from elsewhere, usually a puppeteered "dummy". The act of ventriloquism is ventriloquizing, and the ability to do so is commonly called in English the ability to "throw" one's voice. However, the term "throwing one's voice" is misleading, because it implies that a sound's physical origin has changed, when really the change has been perceptual and not physical.

Bozz
im·becile (im′bə sil, -səl; Brit, -sēl′, -sīl′) noun

1. a retarded person mentally equal to a child between three and eight years old
2. a very foolish or stupid person

Origin: Fr imbécile < L imbecilis, imbecillus, feeble, weak, prob. < in-, without + baculus, staff (see bacillus): hence “without support”

adjective
very foolish or stupid
also imbecilic im′·becil′·ic (-sil′ik)
Old 10-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

I take it someone explained to you that setting lifter preload has nothing to do with "turning the crank properly"?
Old 10-29-2010, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Bozz, I'm curious how many engines you've actually built and cams you've speced. Because you have apparently put yourself in charge of 'Team LS3/L92/Square Port' after less than a year's membership. And you are coming across as a complete tool the way you have to jump every thread if there is even a hint of "square vs cathedral" and try to go toe to toe with guys like Brian Tooley, Shawn @ VA Speed, Tony Mamo, and Pat G. It's lame when every thread turns into a pissing match because someone calls you out on your massaged numbers and phony physics, and then your big ego takes off and good threads end up in the Bench Racing Section. Give it a rest dude.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah your right. Bozz seems like a doush. Comes in here, takes a ****, then leaves. What's worse is that his **** is exaggerated so it's more like explosive diarrhea.

Quick Reply: LS3 Shortblock, AFR 225, StreetSweeper, FAST 102....I dont need no stinkin stroker!!!