Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

dynapack vs dynojet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynapack vs dynojet?

dynapack vs dynojet
i will be getting my new motor tuned here in the next few months my original tune was done at tsp (excellent shop =]) on the dynojet but thats a 7hr drive from austin id hate to make again i heard about reckart here but i noticed he uses a dynapack?
anyone have and info or experience? with these how do the readings compare? thanks
Old 01-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mradams2
dynapack vs dynojet
i will be getting my new motor tuned here in the next few months my original tune was done at tsp (excellent shop =]) on the dynojet but thats a 7hr drive from austin id hate to make again i heard about reckart here but i noticed he uses a dynapack?
anyone have and info or experience? with these how do the readings compare? thanks
I have been on both types here with very similar results, however heavy rims and tires will lower Dynojet readings which is a variable thats not effected with the Dynapack because its a hub dyno with the rear hub bolted directly to the power absorber of the dyno.

Point is with heavier rims and tires your DynoJet numbers may be lower than a Dynopack, otherwise they should be pretty close.

Good luck....

-Tony
Old 01-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
I have been on both types here with very similar results, however heavy rims and tires will lower Dynojet readings which is a variable thats not effected with the Dynapack because its a hub dyno with the rear hub bolted directly to the power absorber of the dyno.

Point is with heavier rims and tires your DynoJet numbers may be lower than a Dynopack, otherwise they should be pretty close.

Good luck....

-Tony
ah thanks finally a reply i figured if there was a difference it would be bc no weight of wheels. i had not heard of the dynapack until today. thanks for your reply
Old 01-06-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My tuner (Rick @ Synergy) uses a dyna pack. Like Tony said, its a hub driven dyno, so it removes the wheel variable.

Only comparison i have numbers wise is my wife's cammed, bolt on WS.6. On MTI's dynojet, with their tune it made 386rwhp/352rwtq. On the dynapack, the only change was a tune from Rick at it made 392/368. I know the tune can play a big role, but its a 6hp/tq difference. Id say the numbers are pretty close.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
My tuner (Rick @ Synergy) uses a dyna pack. Like Tony said, its a hub driven dyno, so it removes the wheel variable.

Only comparison i have numbers wise is my wife's cammed, bolt on WS.6. On MTI's dynojet, with their tune it made 386rwhp/352rwtq. On the dynapack, the only change was a tune from Rick at it made 392/368. I know the tune can play a big role, but its a 6hp/tq difference. Id say the numbers are pretty close.
thanks for the reply its good to see numbers. i think im gonna go with the dynapack bc people are saying it works well and it close to my house.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I do all my tuning on a Dynapack.. Its a great tuning tool and like mentioned above it takes out all variables such as wheel weight, strap tension, etc.

Very easy to steady state tune with the Dynapack.. Probably the best tuning tool I have used, besides the tuning software itself obviously.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SVThuh
I do all my tuning on a Dynapack.. Its a great tuning tool and like mentioned above it takes out all variables such as wheel weight, strap tension, etc.

Very easy to steady state tune with the Dynapack.. Probably the best tuning tool I have used, besides the tuning software itself obviously.
The Dynapack and Dyno Dynamics are two of the best dynos for tuning. I wouldn't want my car tuned on anything else. It says a lot about the tuner and the shop when you see one of these dynos set up in a proper dyno cell vs. a Dynojet just sitting in the corner of the shop with a fan or two.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:00 AM
Staging Lane

You will be happy going to RPT. The dyno is nice but the tuner will definally bring out the power in your setup. You wont be disappointed in Brian's tuning skills...

Quick Reply: dynapack vs dynojet?