Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

NEW LSX DYNO - 443 rwhp, 25rwhp gain

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More info on the A/F ratios please. If this was a problem with the 78mm I might reconsider doing the 90mm on my cam/heads car.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what happened..did the car lean out or fatten up with the LSX?

wonder why that would happen though, interesting.

i don't forsee myself dyoning my lsx until next month but i'd like to go into it informed incase something like that happens to me.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve-d
After install of the Fast, did you actually have to retune the car b/o the new A/F numbers or did the computer learn the new mix after several runs?

Good #s

steve
Initially on the first 2 pulls the car ran very fat....I had a vaccum leak on the EGR tube to the top of the intake when i first fired the car, and it ran a few minutes on and off badly while i sorted out the vacuum leak, which could of caused the a/f to get a little screwy at first....

By a few runs, the airfuel was right back in line where i wanted it @ 13.0 all the way across.

I would definatly say my intial vacuum leak was the cause of the a/f to move around a bunch, afterward the car moved into the 13.5 range id say, and i had to add a little fuel... but putting some miles on the car the computer might have been correcting alot of it itself...

Quick Reply: NEW LSX DYNO - 443 rwhp, 25rwhp gain