Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Think my numbers are way low: ls6 baby cam long tubes

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 478 Likes on 375 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I would think op should be over 400wp easily. My bolt-on ls6 makes 426 to the wheels. Mods and times in the sig.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

push rod length is the last thing you do on an engine... determining there sizes isnt hard... things that matter are the circle base of the camshaft, cylinder heads (decked/milled), head gasket thinkness, lifter length... a cam kit generally assumes factory head, factory lifters, factory gasket thickness... and they will compensate for their camshafts circle base...

so if their push rods were 7.425 their camshaft my be .025 smaller circle base than that of a stock camshaft... thats why they asked if the heads were milled, so they could find out and remove that extra lenght from the pushrods
Old 04-09-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Small update:
I did swap the cam out - On a 228/234 now at just under .600 lift and 113+4.
I now have magnaflow cats (small ones, not specifically high flow though)

Friend just got a c6z06 and we put it on the dyno. Made a couple pulls with the V also. Saw 375 this time around. I figure gaining power with the addition of cats is a good thing.

Still need to swap my clutch. Just trying to find the time. I honestly think getting rid of the dual mass flywheel can get me another 10+ and I will like the way it drives better. Depending on my numbers then I may drop the cats or try some cutouts. Which I think would put me right around 400 to the tire. I would be happy there with the smallish cam and pig car.

Quick Reply: Think my numbers are way low: ls6 baby cam long tubes