Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

806 Rwhp Ls1

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:29 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 806 Rwhp Ls1

I found this over on ls1.com.au. So if you want to read about the car, you'll have to register. But I thought many of you might be interested in some of the higher HP combos over there. 806RWHP is pretty impressive for a street car no matter how you slice it... I don't know which dyno they used for their RWHP numbers, but if its Sam's dyno (Dyno Log) its 10% under a Dyno Jet which would make the figures around 880 on a 248c here in the states.

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...threadid=21906

VT LS1 NZ
Pedestrian

Validated User

Ride: 806rwhp (601rwkw)Supercharged VT2

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by johnv
Yep 600kws @ the wheels with a cat back and a few other choice mods

I'll let Darren comment on this one
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks John the only saving grace for you was the frying the 3-4 clutch plates.Looks like I've gone as far as I can with current trans.

I've had a lot of enquiries to motor specs so here goes:

BLOCK:

Cast 6l block.I had the block modified by a friend of friend at the foundry and had the sleeves made longer and extra strength added.
Additional material was also added for the missing alternator bolt as used on the LS1.
I deburred block and polished where applicable.
Here in NZ I had the block bored 30thou or so to match each piston and torque plate honed to supplied clearance.
Arp main studs and I changed outside main cap bolts with higher strength as these arn't supplied by ARP.
The cast main caps were retained.
Block cracktested & sonic tested .Alignment was checked in the boring process.

RECIPROCATING ASSEMBLY:

Was contemplating a 4.125 stroke but the disadvantages out weighed the advantages so settled on a 4inch Lunati crank and had additional hardening on the journals.I was after an N30B material from LA but they don't make them yet for an LS1.
Billet lunati 6.125 rods.
The pistons were custom made with ring lands moved further down and valve notchs to suit with a cam over 600 inch lift.
I settled on retaining low tenion oil rings.
The assembly was balanced by Lunati but I had it rebalanced due to some better knive edging I ground to the crank.
Starr Performance supplied a modified 7L sump and heat exchanger.

HEADS:

Nathan Higgens produced his magic here.
2.05inlet and 1.625 exhaust longer stem valves were installed.
Compression ratio worked out to be 8.48:1.
Titanium retainers and Isky Gold springs.
Fully adjustable Jessel shaft rockers were installed with Crower push rods.
Alloy manifold is employed due to larger port openings and 85mill throttle body used.
Due to the one less bolt per cylinder holding of the cylinder heads ,had some custom tool steel studs made.
Cometic head gaskets are employed.
I had 1 inch spacers made for the additional rocker clearance required.

CAM:

A solid roller cam shaft is used with Crower machanical rollers.
Rollmaster timing chain was employed,the block was drilled to supply additional oiling as a Torrington bearing wasn't employed.
I modified a std oil pump to supply additional flow.

FUELLING:

Modified fuel rails ,return line ,surge tank,sx pump & regulater (supplied by Starr Performance).
83 pound injectors.

INDUCTION:

Running V7 Supercharger as supplied by Tony & Scott at Capa.
A complete kit was supplied by them but has since been extensively modified.
Two mondo bypass valves are used.
A Gilmour crank drive and brace is employed here to drive the Supercharger.To gain clearance the radiater & air con had to be moved forward.
Richard at ARE was employed to custom make an air to air intercooler and his input here was invalueable.
A 110 psi water/methnol injection is also employed to provide additional cooling of the air near the throttle body this kit is locally produced by PIMS.
I have other ideas to even further condense the forced air but I haven't finished them yet.

TRANSMISSION:

Well I threw heaps at this in an effort to stay together but after Sundays events it looks like a Turbo 400 with may be a Gear Vendor OD is likely to find its way in there.

EXHAUSTS:

D&T Exhausts were employed to make 4-1 Headers & a 3inch twin X pipe mandrel bent complete exhaust system without cats.

PERFORMANCE:

At present the car is running a max of 13 - 14 psi .
I still do not know the full potential of this motor as we have not taken it above 6500rpm mainly due to the dyno as it limited to only just over 800hp.
To date its power output is 806hp more than enough as traction is a major concern thou the option is there too up it if required.
Whan I started this project well over a year ago I would have been happy with 650hp but towards the end the head figures from Nathan decided a rethink and know you know the results.

I hope this answers some questions.
How much don't ask
Thou I've been luckly that Ive saved heaps by doing most of the work myself from car mods,engine building and tuning.

Thanks to all those who played their part

Now got to go

Darren

Old 03-16-2004, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awsome. that exhaust valve is just damn big! amazing setup. 800 rwhp through any auto is just insane.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:19 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Darren is on our board too.

He is A4 or M6?
Old 03-16-2004, 07:04 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

83 lb injectors