Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Only 360rwhp?? is it true

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Since you already answered the dyno # question with a smoked tranny.

I would expect a retune charge to tune it with a tranny that works because the tranny failure is not there fault and it still took time for the last tune. We do retunes for $150. It would be stupid to do retunes for nothing since it's the tuners time. Free should be IF the tune wasn't correct when it left.

With a good tranny the car should put out higher numbers.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Free should be IF the tune wasn't correct when it left.
From the way he talks they have the idle set to 1100rpm and it still won't stay running and they're just saying the cam is "too big".

If that's what he is really being told I would be pissed.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Still good numbers...

Most shops charge 100-175 for retunes on the same car like slowhawk said. No way you could get a retune for free but 400.00+ MORE bucks!!!!?????? nah I would definately pass. Plus the car seems to be strong as heck if it had a LSCRAP intake, slipping clutch, not in the correct 1:1 gear, and still had about 400 HP. I should know because currently in the 408 I have about 20 HP to the wheels right now with a slipping clutch but not for long!!! My car idles a lot lower than 1100 and I have a pretty large cam from what most people say even with the extra displacemtne I know you can get that idle lower than 1100. It doesnt cut off or even sound like its cutting off. I could lower the idle but I like the current lope.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well one thing you may wanna do is check your Throttle body and give it a good cleaning. I had an issue with mine idling funky although i have it set at 850. there is all kind of gunk and **** in there and it has low miles. also i cleaned my MAF. call me crazy but i could not get it to stall after that so i was convinced it worked. if its descreened that can cause issues too. might try that and see what happens . a 112 is a common camshaft size these days. when you put it in reverse you wanna make sure your idle does come up. i dont let mine stay the same. you also want it to come up when the ac is on. other than that, you can check for vacuum leaks or any hissing noises.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had in MS3 in my a4 with a 4000 stall and it idled at 950rpm ok.
I also had a 230/232 on a 112 and it idled perfect at 900 rpm. It started perfect and ran great.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I sent the e-mail with all 3 pages for them to read...Hopefully they'll sign in and respond.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
From the way he talks they have the idle set to 1100rpm and it still won't stay running and they're just saying the cam is "too big".

If that's what he is really being told I would be pissed.
There is always 2 sides of a story. I just commented on the basics. No need to jump on anybody's side at this point.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Teching In

I tuned the car. The car left 2 months ago - if you are not happy with tune - please call. Car was dynoed in 3rd. I can't "tune-out" mechanical problems.

Bashing and half-truths are uncessary.

Here is my prices - I believe there is some misunderstanding:
We charge $400 for full tune, $100 extra if you want speed density.
FREE updates that don't require dyno time
$175 for full retune on the computer that's already unlocked.

"Cam too big" is simply not in my vocabulary - confused me with someone else.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^e-mail replied^^^^...There it is
Old 01-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MoBoost
I tuned the car. The car left 2 months ago - if you are not happy with tune - please call. Car was dynoed in 3rd. I can't "tune-out" mechanical problems.

Bashing and half-truths are uncessary.

Here is my prices - I believe there is some misunderstanding:
We charge $400 for full tune, $100 extra if you want speed density.
FREE updates that don't require dyno time
$175 for full retune on the computer that's already unlocked.

"Cam too big" is simply not in my vocabulary - confused me with someone else.

Just a question, why does the dyno graph show it was done at 115mph, that seems very low and would not be where the car is making peak power?? Was the tranny slipping?? it doesn't appear to be according to the line?? Maybe i'm reading it wrong but hopefully it can be explained.. thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

yea it was slipping it wouldnt shift it just banged off rev limiter slipped about 500rpms too early and i emailed them back about the problem
Old 01-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by suvettetexas
Just a question, why does the dyno graph show it was done at 115mph, that seems very low and would not be where the car is making peak power??

3rd gear 1:1, 4.10 rear, 26" tire, 6700 rpm - 115mph that's how fast you go with normal 5-7% tc slip.

I looked at my notes: the car idles at 850 but broken tach shows 1100.

A few thing failed to be mentioned (for some reason):
Cam is "supposed" to be TV2 (but not for sure) and the heads are ported by customer's "buddy" - I'm not saying that it's done "wrong", but if you are expecting proven numbers you need to use proven combination.

The car came-in with AFR at 14.0 and lower half of timing table filled with 24.0 - which makes me think that it was a nitrous tune, which also points to maybe having a nitrous cam. There was no abnormal trans slip on the dyno or the street test.

Originally Posted by Justinktm
yea it was slipping it wouldnt shift it just banged off rev limiter slipped about 500rpms too early and i emailed them back about the problem
Got your e-mail, obviously it was misunderstanding on the pricing. I don't know why you decided to contact me only after starting a stink storm on national board, an uncalled for at that. I'm very easy to get a hold of - I check company e-mail, and I have paid staff to answer the phone.

If you didn't change any engine parts, the car will not need a dyno retune, therefore any adjustments (like you idle problem or shift points) will be ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MoBoost

3rd gear 1:1, 4.10 rear, 26" tire, 6700 rpm - 115mph that's how fast you go with normal 5-7% tc slip.

I looked at my notes: the car idles at 850 but broken tach shows 1100.

A few thing failed to be mentioned (for some reason):
Cam is "supposed" to be TV2 (but not for sure) and the heads are ported by customer's "buddy" - I'm not saying that it's done "wrong", but if you are expecting proven numbers you need to use proven combination.

The car came-in with AFR at 14.0 and lower half of timing table filled with 24.0 - which makes me think that it was a nitrous tune, which also points to maybe having a nitrous cam. There was no abnormal trans slip on the dyno or the street test.

Got your e-mail, obviously it was misunderstanding on the pricing. I don't know why you decided to contact me only after starting a stink storm on national board, an uncalled for at that. I'm very easy to get a hold of - I check company e-mail, and I have paid staff to answer the phone.

If you didn't change any engine parts, the car will not need a dyno retune, therefore any adjustments (like you idle problem or shift points) will be ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Sorry, didnt see that it had 4.10's in it..... It doesnt seem like trans was slipping to me either, graph would show that for sure... maybe hit top end rev limiter but would not have any effect on numbers, already at peak power... Maybe head problem or not the cam that was specified, always a million different unknowns, see it all the time at our shop...
Old 01-27-2012, 01:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread should be 100% deleted... Tuner looks like he is spot on.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Moboost tuned my car and it runs absolutely perfect. My cam is bigger and the idle is solid 850-900. He had me on and off the dyno quick and spent a lot of time on the idle and street tuning. He was pretty clear that if I had any problems to let him know, and told me the exact prices above if I need a full retune. Maybe this kid had a problem hearing past his accent!

Quick Reply: Only 360rwhp?? is it true