Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

LQ9, torquer V2,Hookers 1 7/8. FAST 92/102. UPDATED with TFS 215 Heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can't go to the track tomorrow because i have to go to the church with my wife, next week on friday i will.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gectek
DA is quite a bit higher.

All you need is a correction factor diff. and you can calculate the dynojet numbers. Was this with any load on it?
We do all pulls on the Mustang Dyno with the load on. We use vehicle weight and HP@50 as provided by Mustang Dyno for that vehicle. We can multiply the MD numbers by 1.14 and get pretty close to what vehicles dyno on another 48" Dynojet in town. The Dynojet he used at Abel after the final tune with the LS6 intake is a 24" model. They don't read the same as the 48" models around here. Also Abel always give out STD numbers.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

413 x 1.14 = 470

what my trap speed should be?

i'll def go to track next week, if it wasn't easter i'd go this friday.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is usually not a problem to change from STD to SAE on the dyno. Yes, alot are default STD but with a few clicks it should change to SAE. I know as I have ran both an MD and DJ both with eddy currents.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

120-123mph trap..is my guess
Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gectek
It is usually not a problem to change from STD to SAE on the dyno. Yes, alot are default STD but with a few clicks it should change to SAE. I know as I have ran both an MD and DJ both with eddy currents.
I've been operating dynos for over 10 years. I don't need lessons on that. I can't control how shops I don't tune at operate theirs or what results they give customers. As much as I hate to send anyone to Abel, I would like to see the car re-dynoed on their dyno since it was dynoed there shortly after the final tune was done with the LS6 intake. I also want the DJ files from all the runs there, not just paper prints.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i'll be very happy if i can do 117-119 to be honest..
Old 04-05-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
I've been operating dynos for over 10 years. I don't need lessons on that. I can't control how shops I don't tune at operate theirs or what results they give customers. As much as I hate to send anyone to Abel, I would like to see the car re-dynoed on their dyno since it was dynoed there shortly after the final tune was done with the LS6 intake. I also want the DJ files from all the runs there, not just paper prints.
Not trying to school you, just posting up info for others to read.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and glen i can ask them for the run file, if that's what you mean.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Would be interesting to see the diff in the 2.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by raysadude
i'll be very happy if i can do 117-119 to be honest..
Very good guess
Old 04-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Teching In

The Dynojet he used at Abel after the final tune with the LS6 intake is a 24" model. They don't read the same as the 48" models around here. Also Abel always give out STD numbers.
Your information is incorrect - 24" and 48" read the same; I've put literally thousands of runs on both dynos and tested same cars on both to see if there is any difference - there isn't. Mine does read a bit higher - after I'm done with the car

As much as I hate to send anyone to Abel, I would like to see the car re-dynoed on their dyno since it was dynoed there shortly after the final tune was done with the LS6 intake. I also want the DJ files from all the runs there, not just paper prints.
Hate all you want. Dyno is a tuning tool - switching dynos in hopes of a wonder dynopull is not a tuning solution.

Andrei @ ABEL Racing
Old 04-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Here is a test of FAST102. The car never came off the dyno - the manifolds were switched right there.

Stock LS1 short block.
Stock 241 heads
Raptor cam
Vararam intake

LS6 vs FAST 102

Speed Density tune on both.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MoBoost
Your information is incorrect - 24" and 48" read the same; I've put literally thousands of runs on both dynos and tested same cars on both to see if there is any difference - there isn't. Mine does read a bit higher - after I'm done with the car

Hate all you want. Dyno is a tuning tool - switching dynos in hopes of a wonder dynopull is not a tuning solution.

Andrei @ ABEL Racing
Whose 48" Dynojet are you putting these cars on for your thousands of runs you are comparing back to back? B&R? Alternative? Cars that have dynoed on your 24 and XPs 24 don't dyno anywhere near the same #s on B&R's and Alternative's 48" Dynojets. I've seen cars come straight from those 24's on to the 48's I mentioned. And trust me you don't want to get in a pissing match with me about your tunes. And I don't want Ray's car back on your dyno for some magical wonder dyno #. I just want to see a before and after on the same Dynojet that the car was on before the swap. Unfortunately that happens to be yours. Or is it Bobbie's?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Whose 48" Dynojet are you putting these cars on for your thousands of runs you are comparing back to back? B&R? Alternative? Cars that have dynoed on your 24 and XPs 24 don't dyno anywhere near the same #s on B&R's and Alternative's 48" Dynojets. I've seen cars come straight from those 24's on to the 48's I mentioned. And trust me you don't want to get in a pissing match with me about your tunes. And I don't want Ray's car back on your dyno for some magical wonder dyno #. I just want to see a before and after on the same Dynojet that the car was on before the swap. Unfortunately that happens to be yours. Or is it Bobbie's?
Nice name drops ... too bad you don't know what you are talking about. B&R's 48" dyno spent 6 years at my shop - we've put 10,673 pulls on it before it went to B&R. FYI - Bobby was a partner on our 24" for exactly 6 month 5 years ago ...

You had crap results on two proven dynos with proven parts - guess what is the variable?

P.S. Word on the street is - you are doing tunes for free just to step on my toes. I guess you get what you pay for ...
Old 04-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Launching!

just put the car on the strip to see what it traps.screw the dyno#s..
Old 04-09-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MoBoost
Nice name drops ... too bad you don't know what you are talking about. B&R's 48" dyno spent 6 years at my shop - we've put 10,673 pulls on it before it went to B&R. FYI - Bobby was a partner on our 24" for exactly 6 month 5 years ago ...

You had crap results on two proven dynos with proven parts - guess what is the variable?

P.S. Word on the street is - you are doing tunes for free just to step on my toes. I guess you get what you pay for ...

Tune for free to step on your toes? I don't think so. You need to put some ice on that swollen head of yours. If you are referring to donating a free tune at the fund raiser for the driver that got killed at Thunder Valley, then yes I occasionally will do a free tune. I had over 65 calls last week, 27in one day about tuning. Why would I tune for free? Your tuning is no competition for my tuning and is insignificant to me. Ray's exact words said in front of me, Bo, and Matt at APS were "when I dynoed it at Abel, Andrei said he couldn't get any more out of it" Do you want to deny that and call Ray a liar? And for 7 1/2 years prior to B&R owning the 48" Dynojet, Powerhouse owned it.. You just happened to share a building with another business that owned a dyno. Kind of funny how when Powerhouse moved out of the shared building they took “your” Dynojet with them. Again tell me about you dynoing on 48" Dynojets and then running the cars immediately on your 24 for comparison. Do you want to continue this pissing match? Do you want me to show the world what I found when I retuned Tim’s yellow 02 CE T/A with the Procharger that you tuned first. I have many others too. If I wanted to step on your toes I would have gone public a year ago with what I found. Sorry it took so long to reply but i was busy tuning.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Well in the world of cars, bigger does not always mean better. I would expect to loose tq and HP with a 101 due to the displacement of the motor. The reason for the loss is that since you opened up the size of the opening the velocity of the air has been reduced. If you went to a larger motor with a larger bore you would then see the FAST 102 really come alive but its too large for small motor. Back at the day in the shop, guys would come in with a set of Big Chiefs and want to run them on a 454. We would tell them that they will work, but your better off with smaller intake runner. The motors would run, but only make power when the motor was turning some high RPM's. This is the same effect with the FAST intake as well. You may want to try downgrading to a 90mm throttle body.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Teching In

DISCLAIMER: I've known shop owners around the state for many years and have very good relationships with every single one of them. This post is in NO WAY meant to discredit or offend any of the shops or shop owners: APS, B&R, Alternative, Powerhouse, Humble, XP, 1% etc etc etc.

Tune for free to step on your toes? I don't think so. You need to put some ice on that swollen head of yours. If you are referring to donating a free tune at the fund raiser for the driver that got killed at Thunder Valley, then yes I occasionally will do a free tune. I had over 65 calls last week, 27in one day about tuning. Why would I tune for free?
I dunno, bubba, you tell me. Ray and Mark came within a week and said that tunes were done for free - no donation, no fundraiser ... made me raise my eyebrow. Free tunes - 27 calls - makes sense.

Ray's exact words said in front of me, Bo, and Matt at APS were "when I dynoed it at Abel, Andrei said he couldn't get any more out of it"
He said, she said ... but what I said that the $500 that I would charge for a full speed density tune is not worth the 10whp we'll see; but maybe it is.

And trust me you don't want to get in a pissing match with me about your tunes.
Do you want to continue this pissing match? Do you want me to show the world what I found when I retuned Tim’s yellow 02 CE T/A with the Procharger that you tuned first. I have many others too.
Your empty threats are pretty ballsy - no wonder there are so many YOUR customers that want to get physical with ya. After years of crap talk about Ed Wright and him retiring you need a new scapegoat?

I don't know why trying to somehow discredit me with what I own and what I don't - as I said, you don't know what you talking about ... I mean - what do you have to your name? A 12 second ride and a bootleg copy of HPTuners?

You want to play rough - I don't know what you see in my tunes, but here is a proof that I did have full access to the 48" dyno and you don't know what you were doing - I still have all the files including your so-called tunes for Powerhouse.

Remember that Supercharged LSX powered sand buggy? You charged the guy $600 and I had to make excuses to the customer for you ... that's when enough was enough.

First pull and the last pull the way you let the customer go.
Great power gain and AFR tuning there !!! WOO-HOO!!!!

Let's get back on topic - WHY DON'T YOU DO A SPEED DENSITY TUNE ON RAY'S CAR?
I've posted what 102 does on almost identical setup with proper tuning.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

At this point in his build, speed density is not the way he should go?

Quick Reply: LQ9, torquer V2,Hookers 1 7/8. FAST 92/102. UPDATED with TFS 215 Heads