Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

LQ9, torquer V2,Hookers 1 7/8. FAST 92/102. UPDATED with TFS 215 Heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MoBoost
DISCLAIMER: I've known shop owners around the state for many years and have very good relationships with every single one of them. This post is in NO WAY meant to discredit or offend any of the shops or shop owners: APS, B&R, Alternative, Powerhouse, Humble, XP, 1% etc etc etc.
Well I don't need any disclamer to say with every post you show what a dumb *** you are. And I go to a lot of shops who have nothing good to say about Abel. Maybe you should get out more and see what your reputation really is.

I dunno, bubba, you tell me. Ray and Mark came within a week and said that tunes were done for free - no donation, no fundraiser ... made me raise my eyebrow. Free tunes - 27 calls - makes sense.
I charged Ray $150 and another 20 to recheck it on the dyno after he swapped intakes. Don't believe me? Ask Bo. He was there when Ray paid me. Sorry, I don't know who Mark is.

He said, she said ... but what I said that the $500 that I would charge for a full speed density tune is not worth the 10whp we'll see; but maybe it is.
Then do it. I don't care

Your empty threats are pretty ballsy - no wonder there are so many YOUR customers that want to get physical with ya. After years of crap talk about Ed Wright and him retiring you need a new scapegoat?
I talk about crap I find in crappy tunes. And I'm getting ready to show some of yours. If it happens to be a well known tuner who thinks their **** don't stink, makes no difference to me. Ed is still tuning out of his house and I am still being asked to fix his tunes. You name one person who has even come close to getting physical with me or so much as even raised their voice. The majority of my customers are under 30 years with the most of them probably under 25. Who that age gets physical with someone my age? Again, name one.

I don't know why trying to somehow discredit me with what I own and what I don't - as I said, you don't know what you talking about ... I mean - what do you have to your name? A 12 second ride and a bootleg copy of HPTuners?
I'm worth more money than you've made in your whole life. I could have any second ride I want. At age 56, I don't need or want any thing faster than I have. What does having a faster ride than anything I have prove? And what is a bootleg copy of HP Tuners? I have purchased a Serial and USB cable from them, still have both and have spent over $15K with them. I remember when you had to borrow my HP Tuners to tune a Cobalt. I'm going to show everyone the files from that too.

You want to play rough - I don't know what you see in my tunes, but here is a proof that I did have full access to the 48" dyno and you don't know what you were doing - I still have all the files including your so-called tunes for Powerhouse.
Good for you. I have the hard drive out of the PC when Powerhouse sold the dyno. I set the PC up for Powerhouse at their new shop and for B&R when they bought it. I have the files too. Whop-de-doo.

Remember that Supercharged LSX powered sand buggy? You charged the guy $600 and I had to make excuses to the customer for you ... that's when enough was enough.
You need to talk to Bryan Snead, owner of Powerhouse. He accepeted the sand buggy job and then asked me to try and tune it. The owner didn't even show up with the buggy but sent his secretary down with it who nothing about it. It had an unknown controller and the customers own laptop and unknown tuning software. I never said I could tune it or that it was even tunable with the controller and software he was using. I agreed to help Bryan because he had already accepted the job. BTW, I charged the customer $0 for about 8 hours of my time. That's right, I charged him nothing because I couldn't make it run right. Bryan charged him all that money for spending 8 hours on the dyno. I even traveled 100 miles each way to Little Sahara that night to try and make it better while driving it around on the sand. I told him to put a GM PCM on it and I could fix it. Is that all you've got? That was back in April, 2006. Had to go back that far to find dirt on me?

First pull and the last pull the way you let the customer go.
Great power gain and AFR tuning there !!! WOO-HOO!!!!

Let's get back on topic - WHY DON'T YOU DO A SPEED DENSITY TUNE ON RAY'S CAR?
I've posted what 102 does on almost identical setup with proper tuning.
Originally Posted by gectek
At this point in his build, speed density is not the way he should go?

Last edited by 2xLS1; 04-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here is an example of why I talk **** about Ed Wright. I got this email on 3/31/12.

Glen

I had you tune my Red GMC a while back. I've installed an EPS 218/222
0.596"/0.598" cam from Geoff, per your recommendation. I had Ed Wright tune it
after the install, due to the fact that you were tied up until after I needed
tune (I was going on a long road trip and needed it safe to drive). The truck
has run horrible since he retuned it; it dies at idle, has no power (way less
than stock) till after 4,000 RPM and then starts pulling. I re-researched the
cam, talk to Comp Cams, talked to Geoff and everything says it should not loose
any power compared to stock. Geoff told me I may have put the cam in wrong and
that would definitely affect when the power came on. Well, I pulled her apart
last night, the cam is timed correctly with the timing marks. So, I checked the
intake lobe centerline with a degree wheel and came up with 111.5 degrees (cam
card says 111 degrees, so pretty close). The one weird thing I found, when I
pulled the plugs they are a very dark brown on the porcelain; so, it's obviously
running very rich (when I pulled the plugs out after your tune, when it was
stock, they were a beautiful very light tan..."lean is mean").

Long story short, I need you tune my truck in a bad way...very bad. Will you
please set me up an initial appointment so you can look it over?

Let me know. Thank you, sir.

Best Regards,
J N
Old 04-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
I charged Ray $150 and another 20 to recheck it on the dyno after he swapped intakes.
Wow, you openly admit to not tuning the car for Fast 102, calling it "good" and expecting gains ... and you call me a "dumb ***" and yourself a "tuner". Best of luck.

THE END.

Originally Posted by raysadude
Re dyno the car, and she made 438/405 with cutout open, before it was 429/401

so there 9 rwhp/ 4rwtq to my ls6 intake and stock ported TB.

pretty disappointed for the amount of money that i spent will have Glen to re-tune her and we'll see if she's going to make more power.

the temperature today is around 78 not that it matters much.
Well, now that the truth is out, that the car was not tuned for the FAST102 - you really should invest in a proper tune. You can't expect the full gains without tuning for a part that changes VE so dramatically.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can you 2 stop comparing your dicks on this thread?

What he prob meant by retune is that he thinks it is a fresh part and prob needs time to settle in before it makes better number with another tune. You know, the same reason people think that when they dyno a fresh engine and after "break in" they go redyno to see the power they picked up?

But none of you care about that. Please stop. The thread is going no where now.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Can you 2 stop comparing your dicks on this thread?

What he prob meant by retune is that he thinks it is a fresh part and prob needs time to settle in before it makes better number with another tune. You know, the same reason people think that when they dyno a fresh engine and after "break in" they go redyno to see the power they picked up?

But none of you care about that. Please stop. The thread is going no where now.
The gains with a proper timing and AFR curve are immediate as I have clearly shown with a dynograph posted. There is no need to "break in" an intake manifold.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Tim with the Procharged 02 CE T/A. Brought the car to APS for a retune after he installed a cam. Abel tuned it before the cam with just the Procharger. The car had 60lb Deatchwerks injectors that Abel sold him.We called Deatchwerks and verified that is what he had. Here is the IFR and PE table we found in the tune. And not just me. Bo at APS read the file out of it before I even got there. He found the samre thing so it's not like I'm making this up.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

May, 2007. The great tuner at Abel didn't even have his own HP Tuners. He had to borrow mine to tune a 06 Cobalt. After i showed the great tuner how to use the software, here is what the kid ended up with for $500. I had nothing to do with this tune, just provided the lap top and HP Tuners cable. Load tune file 6 and then the stock file as a compare and do a comparison summary.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Chris06Cobalt_06.hpt (929.7 KB, 167 views)
File Type: hpt
Chris06Cobalt_stock.hpt (929.9 KB, 205 views)
Old 04-10-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have lots more..... but I'm done

To the original poster Ray, If you are not happy with your tune and think that is your problem, just say the word and I will put the tune in your car you started with and refund all the money you paid me for the tune and you can take your car to the great tuner at ABEL.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Tim with the Procharged 02 CE T/A. Brought the car to APS for a retune after he installed a cam. Abel tuned it before the cam with just the Procharger. The car had 60lb Deatchwerks injectors that Abel sold him.We called Deatchwerks and verified that is what he had. Here is the IFR and PE table we found in the tune. And not just me. Bo at APS read the file out of it before I even got there. He found the samre thing so it's not like I'm making this up.
Oh, boy, I usually don't do tuning lessons online or for free for that matter, but what the heck...

Injectors are intentionally scaled down to keep the timing tables dynamic.
I know its a bit over your tuning capabilities, but when someone hands you over a great tune, maybe you should pay attention, because, honestly, this is pathetic.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You two are screwing up a relatively decent thread. I am sure there is a reason the OP is not posting back.....dont you?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh please. Don't make me post more pics. The timing tables aren't scaled, the VE table isn't scaled, The MAF table isn't scaled, or any other table that should be scaled in a scaled tune. When he arrived at APS his O2s were so covered with black soot they were dead. As were his plugs. Why isn't this one tuned in SD oh great SD tuner?
Old 04-10-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

You two are screwing up a relatively decent thread. I am sure there is a reason the OP is not posting back.....dont you?
Don't worry. He is communicating with me directly. I offer a money back guarantee on everything I tune. Nothing special for him. Anyone I tune for can have that deal.

Andrei just thinks he is the only one in the OKC area that can tune.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:27 AM
JP
On The Tree

Both of you are PATHETIC.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I think its fun to watch this!! yay!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Here is a test of FAST102. The car never came off the dyno - the manifolds were switched right there.

Stock LS1 short block.
Stock 241 heads
Raptor cam
Vararam intake

LS6 vs FAST 102

Speed Density tune on both.

gains from only 5500-6600 and up arent that good for everyday use. I hope some hp under the curve can be gained with a tune..Anyway, my FAST setup did a bit better but from 4000-6400, but its 92mm ported...LS6 is a potent piece!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
gains from only 5500-6600 and up arent that good for everyday use. I hope some hp under the curve can be gained with a tune..Anyway, my FAST setup did a bit better but from 4000-6400, but its 92mm ported...LS6 is a potent piece!
It's hard to tell on the picture but indeed it gained 5-10whp 4100-5200 and up from there. Nothing was ported/matched on this car. Obviously different cams and cubes would affect it differently. It also depends on what your every day use is
Old 04-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Question for Glen, would you call yourself a professional tuner or a hobby or "side job" tuner? Do you have a company name or are you registered with the state as a business? Just curious what level you have taken your expertise to since I have not heard any mention of your personal shop and see no contact or business info in your sig. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gtotoocool1
just put the car on the strip to see what it traps.screw the dyno#s..
^^^for the 1000th time do this ^^^
Old 05-11-2012, 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by raysadude
Ported 243 heads from TSP.
whats the chamber CC on these heads and what pistons in the motor flat top or dished

what kinda compression does this motor have it seems like it maybe a 9:1 motor

i have a LQ9 bottom end heads from MM98 that he/someone in okc ported and a comp shelf cam 238/240 112 deal its aprox 11:1 motor and made not much less and you have way better heads cam then me
Old 05-11-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are 64cc and I believe it has flat top piston, since the block is lq9. Track times will tell more about the power the cars making. I just don't have the time yet to hit the track.

I'll close this thread with track times.

Quick Reply: LQ9, torquer V2,Hookers 1 7/8. FAST 92/102. UPDATED with TFS 215 Heads