Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Who has the highest STREETABLE ALL-MOTOR RWHP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 770boy
Where in acworth are you? is it a convertible? I live in townelake and ive seen a blackbird driving around.

I live off 92 near hwy41 right on the lake. Black and not convertible.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our Zo6 has a hyd cam 427 that's very streetable (but does have a lopey idle). Made 527rwhp through the stock rear section on pump gas, and 549rwhp on pump gas after dropping the rear section.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Default Ah........just a minute......

What about Joe Jill's numbers from the Popular Hotrodding Engine Masters Challenge last year? Try 550+ RWHP on a LS1/LS6 block, but it was a stroker! But, WITH NO POWER ADDERS!
See the link, ( www.superiorautomotive.com ) and his prices are reasonable, too! I might just buy an entire engine and store my 2002 Firehawk LS1. You can see the particular numbers on the LS1/LS6 block at: http://www.superiorautomotive.com/services.htm

I can't wait to see one at a track somewhere. Maybe I will be the first.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 770boy
Completely streetable here. I drive my car every single day of the week. This car cranks up and doesnt have to search for idle, engine temp NEVER rises, full exhaust, doesnt throw a single code, and its a tire fryer.
Went for a ride with 770Boy and the setup is most likely tamer than my H&C but fries Drag Radials quicker than I can light up my F1 Supercars. I know the direction my car is going in.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Red02Firehawk
What about Joe Jill's numbers from the Popular Hotrodding Engine Masters Challenge last year? Try 550+ RWHP on a LS1/LS6 block, but it was a stroker! But, WITH NO POWER ADDERS!
See the link, ( www.superiorautomotive.com ) and his prices are reasonable, too! I might just buy an entire engine and store my 2002 Firehawk LS1. You can see the particular numbers on the LS1/LS6 block at: http://www.superiorautomotive.com/services.htm

I can't wait to see one at a track somewhere. Maybe I will be the first.
The link says 550 hp not rwhp.. 550hp is close to 470rwhp.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Yellowhammer
Don't me knocking old married guys! If the wife wouldn't have said okay I wouldn't be able to get the car.

Gomer, you up in B'ham right. You cruise with Vprvnm or however he spells his username.

THere is that video I forgot about. THere is also another video, one that was a friendly little run against motor vs spray.

Here is one video

http://www.bhamfbody.com/Images/ZL1/ZL1.MPG
That is officially the sweetest 98-02 F-bod I have ever seen or heard! :love: I couldn't believe the shine she had either! What kind of process/wax system do you use to make your car outsparkle the stars at night?

So, roughly, how much would one of those set a man back?
Old 04-18-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread, anyone else?
Old 04-19-2004, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Took the Zl1 to the track at Holt, Florida on Friday night. Second time to go to this track in the ZL1. This time I was looking to do some serious racing. Had Mxx3 Michelion tires on the first run, plus nerves and frustation (sat on the staging area for an hour before running) needless to say no traction and something over 9's (its an 1/8 mile track).

Second run was with 17 inch Nittos DR with 32 pounds of air and 2nd gear launch = 8.6 at 89 mph.

Third run Nittos Dr 22 pounds of air aggressive burnout and 1st gear launch = 7.86 at 90 mph.

WOW It was a rush!

Mike thanks for the compliment. I had a brother's work detail the car. He works at a dealership. Not sure what their process is.

Here is another video of the friendly race I mentioned earlier. My first street race:

Right click and save otherwise it will ask for a donation.

http://www.srvidz.com/VIDZ/STREET/Z28vsZL11.wmv