Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Lid/exhaust LS1 dyno results...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lid/exhaust LS1 dyno results...

Needed a tune, just wasn't running right. Info about the car and mods below...

2002 Trans Am WS6
93,xxx miles
5.7L LS1, 6-speed

SLP lid
SLP smooth bellows
Stock LS6 intake
American Racing longtube headers
American Racing off-road Y-pipe
Borla catback

Other mods, but they don't effect the numbers much (suspension, shifter, etc...)

Car made 322HP/336TQ before tune, 336HP/350TQ after tune. Car runs much better, nice and smooth. Graph below doesn't start at zero, so the gains look larger, but I'm happy either way.

Next mods include ported TB, heads and cam, and 25% UD pulley. I'm sorta worried about camming with so many miles, but we'll see what funds look like this winter...

And a quick video...

Old 08-04-2012, 04:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know this is a couple months old but i have a similar setup hoping to pull 15 rwhp with a dyno tune, im running real rich in my 02 after the long tubes and off road Y, i just installed a pptb from potz speed on ebay grab one of his! fully ported polished and bump stop i even felt a difference with the TB no joke, throttle response better and smoother top end for sure. potzspeed charges a 60 core plus 45 for the PP send back your old TB for the $60 back!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MikesTA2002
i just installed a pptb from potz speed on ebay grab one of his! fully ported polished and bump stop i even felt a difference with the TB no joke, throttle response better and smoother top end for sure. potzspeed charges a 60 core plus 45 for the PP send back your old TB for the $60 back!

I also got a ported TB from Potz Speed and I agree with this guy. Noticable results and a great price.

Quick Reply: Lid/exhaust LS1 dyno results...