Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

dyno results seem wack!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrodth
No didn't degree it. That will suck if that's the case....
It would suck a lot less for it to be the cam being a tooth off than to have a H/C/I car making 350 rwhp -no?

While I'm sure it's possible, I'd be surprised to see 100 rwhp missing due to a tune.

I haven't messed with tuning the LS1, but it's a MAF based car and usually you can tell by the MAFv how much air the motor is using, which is related to HP. If that is way off of where a 450 RWHP car would be, then you would know if the motor is really making the power or not, and not the dyno being wack.

My money is still on the cam being a tooth off.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wouldnt rule anything out, i would just start with the basic and work your way up, have the tune looked at before taking the motor apart, at least that will rule out the tune being the problem and you have a good base

check your plugs, fuel psi and so forth

sometimes it could be the dumbest ****
Old 10-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Teching In

If you are simply questioning the dyno results, why not just go try a different dyno? I would rather spend the money to make a few more base runs as opposed to just randomly tearing into the engine (or tune) and not really knowing what you are looking for. Just my opinion.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

call Dennis at redline, hes the owner and his shop is in Port Orange, he has a dyno and can do whatever you need done, weather it be a tune adjustment or some runs, he has worked on some of my cars as well

https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=227930

Quick Reply: dyno results seem wack!