Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Opinion of LS3 small EPS cam dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by JimMueller
Captured a long log over the weekend. VE and MAF are pretty accurate during PE.
=
I meant log your airflow, then log it again without your exhaust on to see how bad its holding you back.

Logs wont tell you about your valve springs
Old 02-23-2016, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I sent the graph to Geoff @ EPS and spoke with him about 20 minutes. He honestly doesn't see a problem with the dyno graph given the valve events and said the top end of the graph doesn't indicate weak springs. He isn't a fan of the beehives/conicals either, so that reinforces my plan to switch to BTR's on the next spring change.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilz28
I hit 465/446 (SAE corrected) with a stock LS3 and a 227/243 cam a few years back. This was with ARH 1 7/8 long tubes, cats, and an SLP dual dual. MHO, your exhaust could use some opening up (more headers than cat back) but it's not ruining you. Looks like you're getting good advice from Tick, listen to it. For reference, this same car did 345/345 with a bolt on LS1 and the same exhaust on the same dyno.
Off topic, was this a cam that I specified? Sounds familiar for some reason.

Beehive springs usually don't fatigue at the same rate as higher pressure dual springs. Since a beehive spring normally has less spring pressure than a comparable OD diameter dual spring, they don't create as much heat. Heat is created via friction from compression of the coils. Heat is what fatigues the coils and causes them to lose spring pressure. How quickly or how slowly that heat dissipates due to the OD diameter of the spring also plays a part as does RPM cycles and lobe design.

Quick Reply: Opinion of LS3 small EPS cam dyno results