Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Looking for build results using TFS 260 LS7 head

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Looking for build results using TFS 260 LS7 head

I have a stock 9k mile LS7 shortblock that I'm using as the basis for a healthy h/c/i build and I'd like to get as close to 600rwhp/550rwtq as possible. I am still debating between 91 octane vs E85 flex fuel. There is quite a bit of E85 in my area, including a station within 1 mile of the shop. Ported Fast 102/ NW 102, BTR #3 and LG 1 7/8" are also on the "possible" list that I'm accumulating in my head.

Anyways, since I don't have any heads whatsoever, I'm stuck in a whirlwind of options. WCCH, AI, AHP (new guys in SoCal that did a build at 11.4:1 SCR and got 600/549 apparently), or the TFS 260 from TEA. I do plan on swapping the heavy *** TFS intake valves for GM titanium's, Greg @ TEA said he could do that no problem, albeit at $90 per valve. He said I'm forced to use the TFS solid exhaust valve as that is specific to their head. Greg sort of made it seem like the primarily benefit of the TFS 260 casting was the geommetry correction. He says he has already fixed a handful of WCCH heads that had out of spec guides. He didn't elaborate further, and TEA is obviously a WCCH competitor so I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Greg @ TEA did say that TFS 260's purchased through TEA do benefit from a TEA-specific valve job and that they are not "off the shelf," whatever that's worth.

Since I have seen NO build results from the TFS 260's, and considering they will add approximately 25lbs to the nose of the car (TFS 215's were 22lbs heavier than my TEA 243's), not to mention cost me $800-1000 more than WCCH/ AI/ etc even after I source cores, I will be dismissing them as an option unless one or more guys on YB has had great luck with them. Like all my builds, cost is not as much of a factor as RESULTS.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 537 Likes on 383 Posts

Interesting post. What exact heads was the guys in SoCal using to get 600rwhp?
Another question I have to ask.... Is this motor is a F body or a Vette?
Old 06-05-2015, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuskyz28
Interesting post. What exact heads was the guys in SoCal using to get 600rwhp?
Another question I have to ask.... Is this motor is a F body or a Vette?
AHP - American Heritage Performance. He's done quite a few local C6Z's and is familiar with optimizing SCR and spec'ing the right cam for CA 91. I placed an order with them last night. This is in a C5 Z06. I'll report back with results. I decided against the TFS heads due to their heavy valves.

Quick Reply: Looking for build results using TFS 260 LS7 head