Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

LS2 dyno / displacement question

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gnx7
Couldn't you pull a spark plug and measure how far down it goes to calculate stroke somehow?
Have you done a leakdown or compression test in all cylinders? Confirmed what spark plugs are in it... and maybe change them out?

That torque seems low even for a 402ci motor. My LS7 427 with mild exhaust porting on the heads, stock LS7 intake, 1 7/8" long tubes, 11.25:1 compression, and older LS7 grind 243/256 .650" lift QM600 cam made 522rwhp/472rwtq on a Dynojet, T56, steel flywheel clutch/twin disc, 8.8" IRS out back. 3.73's with a 335/30/18 tire.
We did replace the spark plugs (Autolite AR93) as part of the overall freshening up and track prep of the car going back on track. It seemed to run fine on track and on the dyno. We just ran a couple quick dyno pulls to make sure it was running right and to see if I was on the edge of making one of the limited classes (I wasn't). It's got a programmable MSD and we haven't checked the timing tables yet. Maybe they have it set conservatively, I dunno. More to look into I guess. Just exploring for now. I probably will run this as is for the upcoming season in TT and hopefully it lasts and I can make some decisions next "winter".

Quick Reply: LS2 dyno / displacement question