Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

New APE 408 dyno #s :) NA and with 150 shot..

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 10:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No pics but I could probably take one, Alot of Solenoids hehe
Old 10-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Default Heads

Believe it or not the clutch is holding for now, It did slip some on a burnout about a week ago but seems to be holding since then. Maybe I did not give it enough revs?? FWIW its a ram 910 VDS setup.

Heads are APE/ET Performance 6.0 Race heads

Mike i was under the impression Your heads were done by Modern Cylinder Head. Have you Changed Heads since the article Was in Chevy Hi-Per?

If so could you give me a PM on what you want for the Modern Cyl set if you
Still have them

Thanks Dave
Old 10-14-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mike, that is awesome!!! Congrats to you and APE

That is some serious power!

Can you post up the graphs?
Old 10-14-2004, 12:37 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Those are some sick numbers. Congrats!
Old 10-14-2004, 01:24 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Originally Posted by IrocLs1

Mike i was under the impression Your heads were done by Modern Cylinder Head. Have you Changed Heads since the article Was in Chevy Hi-Per?

If so could you give me a PM on what you want for the Modern Cyl set if you
Still have them

Thanks Dave

Dave,
We stopped using Modern Cylinder because we had nothing but problems with their heads. Most of them leaked coolant so bad that the radiator would need to be filled everyday, or oil into the intake runners and we also had more than a few sets crack the intake runners. We have now parted ways with Modern Cylinder Head and are no longer affiliated with them in any other way.

Now on the other side, ET Performance heads rock and we have had absolutely no problems with them. BTW, they also make great power!

Thanks
Old 10-14-2004, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome. You guys are killing me with these huge numbers lol. Someday soon I'll be part of the club.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you don't mind me asking, what style of heads are on the engine, and how big a cam? Freakin' awesome numbers by the way!
Old 10-14-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Junkie

just talked to Chris I do still have the Modern Cylinder heads lol, I think the port is roughly the same though, they flowed like 326 cfm at .600 If I remember correctly.

Cam is comp 244 248 .600 .600 114
Old 10-14-2004, 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike K.
just talked to Chris I do still have the Modern Cylinder heads lol, I think the port is roughly the same though, they flowed like 326 cfm at .600 If I remember correctly.

Planning on any track time yet Mike?
Old 10-14-2004, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Bad *** numbers Ill buy me a 408 soon
Old 10-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike K.

Mike:

Is that a solid roller set up?

What RPM is peak power?

LS-2 or LSX intake and 90 mm TB?

Great numbers, especially on a Mustang dyno.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the info Mike. I may have misunderstood you, but are the heads 5.7 heads or LS6 or AFRs? Is your engine similiar to the one they were offering earlier in the sale:

Callies forged crank, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Diamond Pistons/Pins/Rings, Federal Mogul Main Bearings, Clevite Rod Bearings, ARP main studs
Old 10-14-2004, 05:02 PM
TECH Junkie

peak power is at 6300-6400 rpm, but these are dynojet numbers not Mustang numbers, the dyno was actually done on a Mustang dyno that has special software to convert over to dynojet numbers, Vince also dyno'd on this dyno using the same conversion and he dyno'd similar to what he got at Futrals, they have also done back to back tests vs dynojet SAE and come with 2-3 hp/tq everytime.

Bone SS that is the same engine I have but I have Callies rods as well, I just may go to another dyno to confirm cause the #s almost seem too good to be true. I'll take some pics of the graphs and post em up a bit later, Hopefully they turn out good.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:37 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Nice #'s! How does the car feel/handle with the extra weight up front?

I will be doing a 408 iron block once my new house is done, hopefully some time this century

Hey Vince, you and Suzette have to come up this way, we moved into a rental house that is right arond the corner form where our new house is being built.

Oh yeah I wouldn't mind a ride in the FRC
Old 10-14-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks again Mike! Damn, you and APE may switch my mind from going toward FI back to NA, maybe I could do both Awesome setup though!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone

I will be doing a 408 iron block once my new house is done, hopefully some time this century

Hey Vince, you and Suzette have to come up this way, we moved into a rental house that is right arond the corner form where our new house is being built.

The hurricanes have killed my free time, but my nights are free. Suzettes been working like crazy as well. I will call you this weekend to see what you are doing at night. Tell Christine I apologize for keeping her shopping buddy away..
Old 10-14-2004, 06:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Here is the graphs

It's even hard for me to believe but the car was spinning the tires on the dyno NA lol, Both Vince and I had to hold it down,

You can see on the nitrous graphs as well that on the one run the dyno operator tried to lean into it slowly cause it was spinning, on the 2nd run he just stabbed it, I actually felt the car move a little to the left (maybe 1/2 inch or so while we were holding it down, Hell maybe its the fram air hog filter lol,

I actually switched to the filter right before the dyno cause my holley was leaving big pools of blue oil on my lid Maf and TB. I cleaned all that up with the air gun and put in the air hog and went WOT almost the whole way to the dyno lol to clear it out, I could feel the car getting stronger as I kept going WOT , I took the air gun to my holley filter and tried to simulate wind and put my hand behind it, my hand looked like a smurfs hand after about 2 seconds cause of all the oil on it, did the same thing with the Fram and could not feel or see any oil on my hand. I also noticed my 02 millivolts go from 820 or so to 870 880 so that oil had to be doing something bad. I outta stick with the paper filters I guess cause I followed the holley directions but that filter was saturated for sure.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:06 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Originally Posted by VINCE
The hurricanes have killed my free time, but my nights are free. Suzettes been working like crazy as well. I will call you this weekend to see what you are doing at night. Tell Christine I apologize for keeping her shopping buddy away..
No problem. I still have the same # (407) 758-5556

I'll talk to you this weekend.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone

I can't say its the best handling car but its not bad either, I got a drastic improvement once I added the real z06 rims, its crazy but those rims although ugly actually function really well.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Teching In

mike have you had any problems with your heads, water/oil leaks? i seen your engine build up in that magazine and thought it was a killer combo. im having a local engine shop, wheeler racing engines do the build and they already had worked with those modern guys on some nhra ls-1 stocker stuff. my heads look killer, but we are probably going to pressure check them to make sure. thats some awesome power dude, i can only hope that mine works out like yours. thanks

Quick Reply: New APE 408 dyno #s :) NA and with 150 shot..