Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Shop owners, load dyno users.. which dynos do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slorice... I have not had a traction issue yet with my DD. I do however, Have multiple sets of tires and wheels, and urge customers to equip the car with a radial type street tire. I have had slicks on the dyno and get some funky graphs, Changed to the radials and the problem goes away. Max power was not affected but the curve was off. I have one customer/friend that let me use his car in a demo, a single turbo mustang, and The dyno held his car at 5800 rpm with power readings in the 1280's and torque well above 1000ft/lbs @ 28psi for 15 seconds, then used the ramp down feature and loaded the car down to 2000 rpm all while at wide open throttle. Not saying that this is the perfect dyno but it is Very impressive and versitile.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very happy to say that my MD-1100 will be up and running on Sunday. I think I have the first one out there. One thing I can say is that the Dyno Jet is going out, look even they too are adding eddy currents now. If you decide to buy a Mustang be prepared to be treated great until you sign the papers, then get ready for the delays. All in all I can say I liked Mustang as a company, but their after sale support has to this point not been what I would expect after spending $40k. The core of their product is outstanding, but the little things are kinda weak.

Quick Reply: Shop owners, load dyno users.. which dynos do you prefer?