Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

got new numbers again

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default got new numbers again

just got back from the dyno with new numbers since the header install. it wasn't as much as i hoped for but i'm pleased with what i got. i picked up anther 20 rwhp but lost 1 ft/lb of tq. i thought that i would've picked up some torque but i didn't. the A/F was around 13, tq curve is pretty flat and the hp curve is nice and steady.

old graph: 351 rwhp 350 tq

new graph: 371 rwhp 349 tq

Old 03-05-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What other mods do you have other than what's in your sig? I can't imagine you putting down 371 w/ just a full exhaust setup. If so then congratulations...that's awesome.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Red99TA
What other mods do you have other than what's in your sig? I can't imagine you putting down 371 w/ just a full exhaust setup. If so then congratulations...that's awesome.

i also have a cam. it breathes a lot better now than i used to.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NviouSS
i also have a cam. it breathes a lot better now than i used to.
That's what I figured...I'm actually from Overland Park and have been to MC Racing a few times myself. I'm surprised you didn't gain any torque going to LT's w/ a cam. 350 RWTQ...what are your cam specs? That's pretty low for you mods. I'm not one to talk though (see sig). Are you running from the ORY to your center-mount stock exhaust? If so then that muffler could be a restriction too.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Red99TA
That's what I figured...I'm actually from Overland Park and have been to MC Racing a few times myself. I'm surprised you didn't gain any torque going to LT's w/ a cam. 350 RWTQ...what are your cam specs? That's pretty low for you mods. I'm not one to talk though (see sig). Are you running from the ORY to your center-mount stock exhaust? If so then that muffler could be a restriction too.
GT2-3 207/220 118. the ory is hooked up to the cme. i thought about changing the muffler out for a magnaflow one.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

For a small cam like that I think your numbers are pretty good, especially untuned. Tuning could possibly pick up another 10 hp and some tq. The tq is a little low, but that could be due to the muffler, I have heard the dual/dual is restrictive and have heard it isn't.