Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Newbie LS1 dyno ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie LS1 dyno ?

Took my first LS1 2000 A4 2.73 gears to get Dynojet dynoed right after getting it she has 70K miles with following mods: descreen MAF FRA Lid K&N Flowmaster 50 series no egr or emissions and "shift kit" got 288/302 thought that was good for an auto especially after seeing graphs at the shop of other similar f bodies then I come here and see that I have a turtle compared to others with same mods. The shop told me I had a little "misfire" but the car drove fine, come to find out when I changed plugs a week later #8 had almost no gap while all the other NGK 6 had .40 gap the "misfire" rough idle is gone now but i'm wondering how this "ungapped" plug affected my run. I'm glad I did my own plug change with help from this site I hear some shops don't even change #8 and that's the one that was messed up I have since added smooth bellows and a cut out but havn't had the time or extra change to re dyno what do you dyno veterans think my #'s would be with new correct gapped plugs and the cutout, and what is the scoop on power loss thru the A4 I hear from 10-20% depending on which forum and whose 2 cents you borrow what is the consensus here at LS1 tech on A4 power loss from crank to rear wheels? thanks guys I know this was long
Ric-
Old 04-13-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

288rwhp isnt to bad for a untuned, misfirin car.
Was that w/ the verter locked?
most would agree with 17-18%loss maybe a lil more depending on rearend, D.S and what not, but stock should be around 17-18%
the bellows prolly wont help much but the the good plugs & cutout should get some good ponies, over 300rwhp easy id imagine
Old 04-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my bad the 2000 is year of car not a stall # I'm hoping to get closer to 300 next time I'll just have to break down and pay for some more dyno time their a/f reader wasn't functional last time so maybe it will be this time, thanks