Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

H & C w/automatic & Moser 12 bolt #'s inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
My first thought was to raise the BS flag as well.
I however have no reason to doubt you, so instead I just figured you have a freak car and congs. I have done my fair share of a4 cars and that HP is just silly especially without a 90mmTB and intake.
The best I have seen in my area is 430 with 241 heads a 224/228 cam 3800 Yank converter fast 90/90 through a cutout.

Again very impressive without using the 90/90 setup.
a lil off topic i know(sorry) but did they do a before and after w/ the 90/90?
Old 05-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look bro, you seem like a nice guy so I'll stop posting in your thread. I have my doubts the car dynoed what it did and I think you will come to see the light yourself after you get over the teething with your new set-up. But I still wish you the best of luck.

Take care.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked_Hugger99
a lil off topic i know(sorry) but did they do a before and after w/ the 90/90?

No worry's I am sure this thread could use a little different topic anyways.
The before/after difference was impressive.
410 peak before@ 6300 RPM's and 429.2 after the 90/90 with peak power about 150 RPM's higher.
At the old peak the HP was at 428, so a damn nice difference.
As far as through the band a gain wasn't really that big until after 5000 RPM's. Anywhere from -2 HP at the start of the dyno compairson to +5 up until about 5000 RPM's then it started making a noticeable difference.
By 5500 there way a 12 HP difference, by 6000 there was a 16 HP difference and finished up just below 20 HP difference peak to peak.
I wish I had his graph so I could post it however he didn't dyno on the dyno we currently use as we have switched dyno's.
Now everyone gets a sweet CD with ALL your info on it.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:54 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
Congrats on the numbers, very impressive. What software did you tune it with and do you lock it up w/ the tuning or a button?

Thanks

Cartek uses LS1 Edit as far as I know.
The tuning was done with the converter locked.
They use some contraption that hooks into the trans to lock the converter and hold it in 3rd gear (drive)
Old 05-29-2005, 10:08 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by Wicked_Hugger99
Totally agree with you there man. I made 397rw in my TA but when i got to the track last Friday night i only ran 12.46@109.7mph due to some probs that obviously didnt show on a dyno pull. Getting some KR i believe from the exhaust beating around under the car, went into open loop mode from a bad 02 sensor, and the shift points were supposed to be at 6500 yet it kept zingin up to 7k and pingin the limiter before it would shift but im not blaming the shop that built my car "Futral" cuz they are awesome(call it an "AD" if ya want but several folks on this board would agree w/ me) Allan@FMS tuned the car and i know he's one of the best and will get me squared away this thursday so i can take advantage of my cars potential. I believe when all the bugs are worked out i'll be in the 11s n/a as i believe you will too
Yeah, thanks. I agree. As you can see I have taken considerable heat for not backing up the dyno #'s with ET. But I cannot blame the shop for that? I was there when they dynoed the car so I know it made the #'s plus I have the dyno graph as well. From the feed back I have received I should be running bottom 11's or high 10's and as of right know I am nowhere near it.
I have to work out my trans problems first, then I will have to borrow someones laptop and an auto tap to see what is going on when I am going down the 1/4 mile. I am sure it will take time.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:35 PM
10 second playa

My first thought was to raise the BS flag as well.
I however have no reason to doubt you, so instead I just figured you have a freak car and congs. I have done my fair share of a4 cars and that HP is just silly especially without a 90mmTB and intake.
The best I have seen in my area is 430 with 241 heads a 224/228 cam 3800 Yank converter fast 90/90 through a cutout.

Again very impressive without using the 90/90 setup.
Yeah well, it is the highest I have seen as well. But time marches on and advances are made. These cars get more and more powerful everyday. It's crazy. Like I said though, Cartek has a H&C A4 doing 460 plus at the wheels, so I am not totally floored. But they have a few H&C cars right at or a little over 500 RWHP with a 6 speed, so I guess it is possible, I am still down over 50 hp and that is a lot.
My thought is that since my intake and TB are not even ported that maybe I have stumbled onto something? That being a very high intake velocity or something? I suspect I probably won't pick up as much as someone else with a 90/90 just because my stock stuff was working so well, probably by dumb luck. (it is an LS6 intake, the car is a 2002)
The dyno graph is on page three of the thread in the Eastern Section if you want to see it.
Again, different car, different dyno, different day 430 isn't so far off.
Plus I think my car has more cam. It is a 3X cam.
I don't know the specs, they won't tell me. (yes, it does **** me off a little)
Old 05-29-2005, 10:53 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Look bro, you seem like a nice guy so I'll stop posting in your thread. I have my doubts the car dynoed what it did and I think you will come to see the light yourself after you get over the teething with your new set-up. But I still wish you the best of luck.

Take care.
No hard feelings. Look, you are welcome to post and you are wise to doubt and question the validity of things. One should not believe everything one reads.

However, everything I have ever posted or stated in this forum is the absolute truth to the best of my knowledge. (unless I am clearly busting someones chops or something) You can take that to the bank.

I am not sure what you mean about "seeing the light".
I was there and saw the car being dynoed with my own two eyes so it is not like they could have lied to me or something?

I would never, ever give someone props unless I felt they really deserved it.
I will send them down the river even quicker if they do me wrong.

If someone really wants to, they can come and see the car dyno themselves.
I am going to change the TC again, so I will probably have the car re-dynoed again. Just to make sure everything checks out.

Best of luck with your set up as well.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:56 PM
10 second playa

No worry's I am sure this thread could use a little different topic anyways.
The before/after difference was impressive.
410 peak before@ 6300 RPM's and 429.2 after the 90/90 with peak power about 150 RPM's higher.
At the old peak the HP was at 428, so a damn nice difference.
As far as through the band a gain wasn't really that big until after 5000 RPM's. Anywhere from -2 HP at the start of the dyno compairson to +5 up until about 5000 RPM's then it started making a noticeable difference.
By 5500 there way a 12 HP difference, by 6000 there was a 16 HP difference and finished up just below 20 HP difference peak to peak.
I wish I had his graph so I could post it however he didn't dyno on the dyno we currently use as we have switched dyno's.
Now everyone gets a sweet CD with ALL your info on it.
No problem, not really off topic to me. This is good information. Thanks
Old 05-30-2005, 05:39 AM
Banned

Anonymous- Thanks man and I concur, good info JZ. You changing converters or restalling the Vig?
Old 05-30-2005, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

I'm gonna call BS as well.. Like it or not, thats my opinion!

A guy here locally has Cartek Stage 2 package and only put down like 408rwhp thru an A4 with stock 10-bolt and I believe a 3500 converter..

And BeardWS6 - how the hell did you make 440/400 to the wheels and only ran a 7.50 in the 1/8th? With all that power and a 1.60 short time there is no way in hell you only ran a 7.50.. Everyone around here with stage 2 heads/decent cams are running 7.30's or better with full street cars on drag radials.

So, I'm callin BS on both of you.. Just my .02
Old 05-30-2005, 05:04 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Anonymous- Thanks man and I concur, good info JZ. You changing converters or restalling the Vig?
I restalled the Vig. Multi-disc once already and changed the pump as well. I am going to a proven combination now. I am going to go to a Vig single disc. Probably like a 4000 stall.
My multi is a 3800 but it is stalling short of that. More like 3200. My cam is not working by then so it is killing me ET wise. I have to find a compromise where it runs OK for bracket racing and consistancy, but really hauls the mail when on the juice. A lot of people on here seem to like Yank but I am going to stick with Vig. They are giving me a lot of support.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:37 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
I'm gonna call BS as well.. Like it or not, thats my opinion!

A guy here locally has Cartek Stage 2 package and only put down like 408rwhp thru an A4 with stock 10-bolt and I believe a 3500 converter..

And BeardWS6 - how the hell did you make 440/400 to the wheels and only ran a 7.50 in the 1/8th? With all that power and a 1.60 short time there is no way in hell you only ran a 7.50.. Everyone around here with stage 2 heads/decent cams are running 7.30's or better with full street cars on drag radials.

So, I'm callin BS on both of you.. Just my .02
Quick,

You can believe what you want and I am fine with that. If you have read both threads on this subject and still in question then there is no way I am going to convince you.
However, I have the full tilt 3X package not a stage 2, whatever that is?
If you mean 2X then that could be close? How old is your friends package?
I have a friend with a 2X package in a 6 speed vette and has made 440 at the wheels. The converter has nothing to do with the dyno #'s. That is a misconception. (when the converter is locked).

As for BeardWS6, Just because he is making the dyno #'s does not mean he is getting all the power to the ground. I don't doubt him for a second and he is not from Cartek.

The bottom line is all of the top tuners/engine builders in the country are within a few horsepower of one another. There are a few select backyard do it yourself guy's that also have produced some very impressive cars. I am fine with that. Again, different cars, on different days, on different dynos.

Cartek had a 2X heads and cam A4 f-body making 407 rwhp years ago and ran 10's with it, I saw it. I have a Cartek 3X H&C set up making 443 rwhp and I am running mid to high 11's all motor. What does that tell you?
It tells me I have alot of work to do. Cartek is not unique to this. I see plenty of cars on this forum running mad ET's with half the work I have into my car. But their car is set up better than mine, bottom line.
I paid for X amount of horsepower from a very reputable shop and they delivered. But, it is up to me to get the car down the track. I used to race drag bikes and know what I am doing, but this is a different deal and I am just not as good at setting up a 3500 pound car as I am a 500 pound motorcycle.

I understand their are shop wars in these forums, but I am just not into it, I race for the fun and the enjoyment of doing it. There is BS on these forums no doubt. You have to be able to seperate the wheat from the chaff.
Cartek has built many record setting cars over the years and won many events. That is good enough for me, and they are right in NJ.
They are definately wheat. Like them or not.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are there any other dynos around you? I am not doubting that it dynoed that much at Cartek, but just out of curiosity, what will it dyno at another shop? I am rooting for you and hoping to see some awesome ET's
Old 05-30-2005, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
And BeardWS6 - how the hell did you make 440/400 to the wheels and only ran a 7.50 in the 1/8th? With all that power and a 1.60 short time there is no way in hell you only ran a 7.50.
That does seem odd. Last year my A4 H/C car with a TCI 3800 ran a 1.57 60-ft and a 7.48 1/8 mile ET. It dyno'd 394 rwhp locked which I thought was low.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:03 AM
10 Second Club

The guys I know personally with heads/cam packages running A4's are putting down right around 400 to the wheels and running anywhere from 7.10's-7.30's.. MarksZ71 put down just over 400rwhp and he ran a 7.13 with a 1.5X 60ft time. Another friend of mine runs 7.30s w/ a 1.60 short time N/A with a smaller converter and he put down just over 400whp also.. So, I'm calling B.S. on BeardWs6.. Hes got a good short time but his E.T. is WAY the **** off.. He's got nowhere near 440whp..

Take ur Cartek rides to another shop and see what you put down on an independant dyno.. I BET YOU MONEY THAT IT DOESNT PUT DOWN ANYWHERE NEAR 440-450RWHP!! If you guys actually think those numbers are right then you are freakin stupid. Probly puttin down 425 MAX..
Old 05-31-2005, 01:04 AM
10 Second Club

And what good are big dyno numbers if you cant even make ur **** run?
Old 05-31-2005, 01:58 AM
Banned

1QuickTA - Bro, I also have my doubts, pretty obvious from my earlier posts, but Anonymous seems like a mellow/cool dude so I can't argue with someone who won't add fuel to the fire. lol

The only thing that I see that both he and Beard have in common that would affect both of their dynos and 1/4s is the Vig 3800 multi disc. Maybe it's a great dyno converter, who knows. Like I said, he's making 443 w/o LSX, bigger maf and a cutout/true dual. Seems high to me especially with an A4. Locked or not, an A4 will use more power than an M6. The 12 bolt 3.73 combo is also a power eater. I just can't see an A4 backed up by a 12 bolt making 460 HP through the muffler if a 90/90 is thrown into the combination.

When he restalls and gets all the bugs worked out we'll see. Til then, don't go calling these guys stupid cause that's a little over the line since they didn't insult you.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:03 AM
TECH Addict

1QuickT-A talk to david coates at MTI and he will give you the info. I only ran it once N/A and was having fuel psi issues. Thats why she went back for bigger inj and in-tank fuel pump. The T-rex couldn`t handle the load. I`m hoping for quicker times N/A, but I was spinning my 60ft-learning where to put my QA-1`s-just got them. When I ran the 7.5-60ft was 1.68-sucked!!
Old 05-31-2005, 10:50 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is alot of power..Like I said my car was never on a dyno as it was tuned on the street/track w/SLOWHAWKS help and it trapped 124 threw an unlocked A4 running 10.80's@3350lbs in +30/-30DA's.....I'd imagine my cars power to be somewhere around 410 to 430RW but agan this is only speculation,And FWIW it 1/8th'd 6.90's@99MPH...

Dependin on your race weight and da's u better run 10.70's or better w/443RW or somethings wrong...
Old 05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cartek has built many record setting cars over the years and won many events. That is good enough for me, and they are right in NJ.
They are definately wheat.

Quick Reply: H & C w/automatic & Moser 12 bolt #'s inside