Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno pic after Crane 1.8 installation and tune - Issues - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

After 8 years, I would have hoped he got it figured out. Maybe he let this thread die for a reason...
Old 02-11-2013, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We want to know..did he finally go postal, sell the car or burn down the shop???
Old 03-01-2013, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

I thought it was funny on the first page he said he was smart enough to diag the car just not worth his time to do so.

Riiight.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I thought it was funny on the first page he said he was smart enough to diag the car just not worth his time to do so. Riiight.
I still have the car. LilJay can't you read? I never said anything about being "smart". I laid out the situation, listed the parts installed, asked for and got some great advice.

Thank god for this forum's history. Last week I needed to replace the knock sensors and since the car has much history their, I almost took it back to the same shop. I came back here and realized what crap I went through. Given that 3 shops have worked on the car, I don't trust anyone anymore, so I did the work myself.

Regarding the clutch back then - this shop replaced the clutch, pp, and flywheel. I asked if they balanced the new flywheel and they said "probably, we usually do, most of the time...". I asked for proof, a bill from the vendor who balanced it. They could not produce one and admitted it probably wasn't balanced. They no longer had the old parts. At this point, I cut bait with this shop. I was told the flywheel on a LS1 is balanced to that specific engine. If that's the case then there was nothing I could do in terms of knowing weight sizes or their location for the current or future flywheels.

As far as the knock/tune/RWHP issue. I'm not a tuner, the shop uses the LS1Edit software, not myself. I had no way to answer detailed questions on settings,. I did find the tuner guy recommended in this thread. He got the car running better back in 2006. I've driven the car very little since then.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark A. Rogalski
I still have the car. LilJay can't you read? I never said anything about being "smart". I laid out the situation, listed the parts installed, asked for and got some great advice.

Thank god for this forum's history. Last week I needed to replace the knock sensors and since the car has much history their, I almost took it back to the same shop. I came back here and realized what crap I went through. Given that 3 shops have worked on the car, I don't trust anyone anymore, so I did the work myself.

Regarding the clutch back then - this shop replaced the clutch, pp, and flywheel. I asked if they balanced the new flywheel and they said "probably, we usually do, most of the time...". I asked for proof, a bill from the vendor who balanced it. They could not produce one and admitted it probably wasn't balanced. They no longer had the old parts. At this point, I cut bait with this shop. I was told the flywheel on a LS1 is balanced to that specific engine. If that's the case then there was nothing I could do in terms of knowing weight sizes or their location for the current or future flywheels.

As far as the knock/tune/RWHP issue. I'm not a tuner, the shop uses the LS1Edit software, not myself. I had no way to answer detailed questions on settings,. I did find the tuner guy recommended in this thread. He got the car running better back in 2006. I've driven the car very little since then.
I replied to your thread by mistake. I meant it for another thread. I apologize.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:23 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark A. Rogalski
I was told the flywheel on a LS1 is balanced to that specific engine. If that's the case then there was nothing I could do in terms of knowing weight sizes or their location for the current or future flywheels.
Fortunately, that's not true.

Quick Reply: Dyno pic after Crane 1.8 installation and tune - Issues - Help!