Question for the 500+ rwhp Big Dogs

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Pio
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sickss228
Drive around on ET STREETS
I need the 18 inchers to clear the brakes, do they have 18" ET streets?
Old 03-28-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

4.10's, numbers in sig, 275 bfgoodrich g-force T/A drag radials, every suspension mod there is and on the spray my tires dead hook everytime rolling into the gas in first and barely even chirp the tires on shifts. Its all about tires and suspension.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pio
I need the 18 inchers to clear the brakes, do they have 18" ET streets?
No man I dont think so
Old 03-29-2006, 12:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The RA-1s will leave the nittos in the dust on a road course. Keep them unless you are going to a Full slick Good year.

Traction should not be an issue and you should have no problem in my opinion. The added torque will make the car much more fun. 1st gear is not used at all on either of those tracks.

Now the street? Thats a different issue....
Old 03-29-2006, 12:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok my vette put down 550 rwhp 501 rwtq, i run Nitto R2 road race tire, basically there drag radial with a stiff sidewall, i can pretty much hook in first gear until the power starts coming on hard around 4000 rpm, then they light up(this depends on that it at least around 70 degrees out side), but i can at least hook from 2nd gear on, they are an awesome tire. but with BFG kd's i would spin through third gear all day.

Last edited by RyneZ06; 03-29-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Pio
Teching In

Originally Posted by Louis
The RA-1s will leave the nittos in the dust on a road course. Keep them unless you are going to a Full slick Good year.

Traction should not be an issue and you should have no problem in my opinion. The added torque will make the car much more fun. 1st gear is not used at all on either of those tracks.

Now the street? Thats a different issue....
Hi Lou!

I'm the guy you drove around with in Russ Oasis's Viper at Willow a month or so ago. Don't know how happy it makes me that you participate in the forums. I'm ditching the 346 to go with a 402, keeping the LG LT's of course!

I also got rid of the 19/20 combo and the car hooks much much better with the RA1's and 18 inchers.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Pio
Teching In

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
ok my vette put down 550 rwhp 501 rwtq, i run Nitto R2 road race tire, basically there drag radial with a stiff sidewall, i can pretty much hook in first gear until the power starts coming on hard around 4000 rpm, then they light up(this depends on that it at least around 70 degrees out side), but i can at least hook from 2nd gear on, they are an awesome tire. but with BFG kd's i would spin through third gear all day.
Those are the numbers I'm looking / hoping for. I'm just going to have to modulate the throttle in 1st... How do the guys that have blown strokers with 700 plus to the wheels do it?
Old 03-31-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Pio
Those are the numbers I'm looking / hoping for. I'm just going to have to modulate the throttle in 1st... How do the guys that have blown strokers with 700 plus to the wheels do it?
They don't unless they have a full blown race car to support it. My blower car made a stupid amount of power. It was a daily driver. The only thing it was good for was winning p-p measuring contests. On the street I had to gingerly accelerate the thing, full throttle runs would blow the tires off. Downshifting and full throttle at anything up to 90mph would get you sideways. I had a guy trying to get me to race him on the street. He was starting to really annoy me. (My car looked bone stock) At 65mph I rolled into it leaving about 75 feet of rubber. Then the blower got to its sweet spot and completely blew the tires off and spun me out into a wall. When it spun up I just could not drive out of it. The new car had 430 rwhp. I was cool with that and just enjoying driving her and getting my 60' times lower and lower. But I ate a lifter and could not see building a stock cube replacement... so 402 for me. But, I have been telling people for years that all you need is 450rwhp in a street/track car. More than that and you have problems getting it to the ground. More than that and it should be a track/street car and maybe a track/track car. I'm a hotrodder though, so the more the better. But, there is a point when blowing $15k just to say you have 700 hp is dumb. Vettes are even worse. They don't hook that well in a drag racing perspective and the rears suck. So, when I see these monster build ups with stock rears I just laugh. On the squirrelly track I have no experience. A blower car there would be undrivable I think at the kinds of power levels I had. Every corner would require more throttle finesse than I am Capable of. Lou maybe but certainly not me.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Traction is over rated