Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

MS3/PRC LS6 heads Dyno Number/ Thanks Slowhawk/Don/Dez Racing/TSP

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam-eye-Am
Those results look really really good. I'm 99% sure that these will be the heads I install on my TA.

I just have one question. Where is WS6FirebirdTA00 and his TSP bashing on this thread? Maybe he hasn't seen this thread yet!!
Very good choice for budget heads, i do believe there are better heads out there but not for the money. I think they work well and should satisfy the needs of 90% of us.

As far as WS6FirebirdTA00 goes, i think he was warned in a previous thread. I don't think we will see much of him in the TSP threads.

Steve
Old 04-25-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those results look really really good. I'm 99% sure that these will be the heads I install on my TA.

I just have one question. Where is WS6FirebirdTA00 and his TSP bashing on this thread? Maybe he hasn't seen this thread yet!!
Yea probably won't see him in here, but I would think that with the size of that MS3, and the list of bolt on's he has, he should see extremely close to this power cam only with the proper tuning.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been here actually saw it right when he posted it, just cuase there is a TSP thread doesn't mean I post in it. I have posted in like 3 in the past 2-3 months and all of a sudden I am a troll now

Steve, congrats on reaching your goal, glad to see you straped her on the dyno. Any chance you have that set against RPM and a larger shot? I would assume you didn't sicne you have a digital pic of it, but was just wondering.

I agree with Slowhawk, more compression would work out well for you.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HOSS
Yea probably won't see him in here, but I would think that with the size of that MS3, and the list of bolt on's he has, he should see extremely close to this power cam only with the proper tuning.
Not shure if you are bashing the parts or the tuner, please feel free to explain yourself. Remember this was stock compression, very restrictive mufflers and the numbers were corrected on a very conservitive dyno. I'm shure Don could have done a set of internet numbers for you guys that need them. He showed me an example of what some other shops do and i think it was 48x/41x on one of my pulls. I want actual numbers not inflated internet numbers.

Sorry WS6 i don't, the printer was having a fit at the dyno today so i only have the one with all the runs. I'll try and get it on friday. Just wonder what you are looking for with the MPH. The runs were done in 4th if that helps. Thanks for the comments.

Steve
Old 04-25-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by steveb
Sorry WS6 i don't, the printer was having a fit at the dyno today so i only have the one with all the runs. I'll try and get it on friday. Just wonder what you are looking for with the MPH. The runs were done in 4th if that helps. Thanks for the comments.

Steve
I just didn't know if you had stock gearing or not so I had no idea what RPM you guys ran it to and the peak RPM, stuff like that. My brain doesn't work in MPH, esp this late haha
Old 04-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
I just didn't know if you had stock gearing or not so I had no idea what RPM you guys ran it to and the peak RPM, stuff like that. My brain doesn't work in MPH, esp this late haha
yes stock C5 3:42, not to shure how it compares to the Camaro/ firebird stuff. We ran it to 6800.

Steve
Old 04-25-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

get any vids on the dyno? I wanna hear it lol
Old 04-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
get any vids on the dyno? I wanna hear it lol
Sorry no, i was rushing to get out of the house and left my camera behind. I plan on adding a small shot of NOS(100 wet) very soon and i will remember to get a clip of that.

I do have this from the other day.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...179D279564.htm

A little quite because it was lower than the pipes but you get the point.

Steve

Last edited by steveb; 04-25-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah i saw that on your other thread, sounds good
Old 04-26-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not shure if you are bashing the parts or the tuner, please feel free to explain yourself. Remember this was stock compression, very restrictive mufflers and the numbers were corrected on a very conservitive dyno. I'm shure Don could have done a set of internet numbers for you guys that need them. He showed me an example of what some other shops do and i think it was 48x/41x on one of my pulls. I want actual numbers not inflated internet numbers.

Steve
I am not bashing anyone or anything, I am glad that you are happy with your numbers. It is my personal opinion though that the MS3 should, with the size of the cam, make close to that power cam only. You know what they say about opinions. Sorry if I offended you.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice numbers! congrats.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:24 AM
TECH Junkie

I am not bashing anyone or anything, I am glad that you are happy with your numbers. It is my personal opinion though that the MS3 should, with the size of the cam, make close to that power cam only. You know what they say about opinions. Sorry if I offended you.
With dyno tricks sure....otherwise nope. Not with Ls1 heads....
Old 04-26-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Addict

Congrats buddy

it's really impressive #'s with unmilled set of heads for a $899 bucks anyway keep us posted after 100shot HIT .

peace
Old 04-26-2006, 07:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry about the MPH guy's The printer was having fit's and I missed the rpm but I think the other sheet I gave him has RPM at the bottom and only 2 runs that make it easy to read.

As for Cam only,I doubt it. If you take a normal header car that makes 340rwhp, A Cam is not going to give you 100rwhp.Some cars get the love and some dyno shops adjust the graph to show 100hp gains.Either way a dyno is a tuning tool.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Launching!

No offended at all, i just wanted to see where you were going with what you said. I'll check will Don on friday but i don't think we have any cam only cars reading over 420 and i believe that was a ZO6 so it all ready had the LS6 heads and all bolt ons. The dyno is not number friendly, thanks for the comment.

Steve
Old 04-26-2006, 07:43 AM
Launching!

[QUOTE=Slowhawk]Sorry about the MPH guy's The printer was having fit's and I missed the rpm but I think the other sheet I gave him has RPM at the bottom and only 2 runs that make it easy to read.

As for Cam only,I doubt it. If you take a normal header car that makes 340rwhp, A Cam is not going to give you 100rwhp.Some cars get the love and some dyno shops adjust the graph to show 100hp gains.Either way a dyno is a tuning tool.[/QUOTE

Thanks for stepping in Don. I thought i only had one dyno sheet, maybe it under the seat, i'll check today and if i have it i'll post up.

Steve
Old 04-27-2006, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Nice numbers Steve! You're running the Halltech Stinger right? I think I have the same mod list as you, What kinda injectors are you running?
Old 04-27-2006, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Nice numbers, sounds awsome
Old 04-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NeverT00fast
Nice numbers Steve! You're running the Halltech Stinger right? I think I have the same mod list as you, What kinda injectors are you running?

Yes i have the stinger, i love the look of the red car,red fuel rail covers and the red stinger. here is a pic of my engine bay.

Injectors are stock,26lb.

Just want to say thanks for all the comments, good or bad.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Yes i have the stinger, i love the look of the red car,red fuel rail covers and the red stinger. here is a pic of my engine bay.

Injectors are stock,26lb.

Just want to say thanks for all the comments, good or bad.

Whats the injector duty cycle at ?? 130%
Motor looks good and good #'s